Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: The Brazil GP should...
just be kept as it is.... *eeK* 4 26.67%
heck! NOT IN SAO PAULOz 2 13.33%
stay here...BUT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!! 9 60.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:01 (Ref:76018)   #1
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
During the Qualifyings, i paid particular attention to the track conditions as well as reports of the Brazil GP, and in fact, watched the first two races in Aust and Sepang again. It is only this time did i notice how bad the state of the circuit has been. The track surface was extremely bumpy, the pit area was so old and cramped, the run off areas of the circuit was covered in terrible rough grass patches, and the tire barriers were totally uneven and poorly placed together.
From what i played on GP3, i find the circuit a very nice one to drive on, and challenging. However, the conditions of it were really bad. Surely, with the organisers earning so much per year from F1, they could upgrade the circuit to make it up to the standards of the better circuits, if not Sepang, at least Australia. F1 is so prestigious a sport, and they are however being subjected to the very poor state in Brazil. With high crime rate and weak structures and problems, something needs to be addressed hopefully.
I would love to see F1 stay in Brazil, but only if the whole place is perked up. If not, F1 should consider moving on.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:44 (Ref:76022)   #2
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about we scrap Brazil, and go to Kyalami in South Africa, or Zandvoort in Holland.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:46 (Ref:76025)   #3
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is the facilities are rubbish, but it is one of the better tracks. I agree though, Zandvoort would be better, but I'd love to see Mexico City (but the bumps and facilities there are even worse!)

Last edited by badoer fan; 1 Apr 2001 at 14:47.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 14:49 (Ref:76026)   #4
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this track should be kept. It's one of those where we see the most overtakings.

Oversteer, I'd love it to see Kyalami and Zandvoort, but obviously not at cost of Brazil, a country where the passion about F1 is much higher than in most other places on the world. And with 4 brazilian pilots they also have the right to have their own home-GP.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:04 (Ref:76035)   #5
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Finland's got 2.5 F1 drivers and they don't get a GP
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:08 (Ref:76037)   #6
Jeanburrasca81
Racer

Jeanburrasca81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

True...erm...who's that 0.5???...lol. Salo? Or do you just say Hakka is 1.5 drivers because you think he's the king out there?...kiddin'
A race in Finland would be interesting...but thats still no reason to cancel Brazil.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 15:23 (Ref:76041)   #7
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

A good big reason to keep Brazil (apart from the beaches within a short trip)would be that it favors overtaking and adds to the mix of conditions. It tests the touch and skill of a driver and reduces the influence of "computerized" racing.

Think about it:

More overtaking and unexpected results and a chance to party and check out the local talent at the beaches, in the same trip, IN EARLY APRIL.

And yes, there's the tradition thing for at least a shouth american GP too.
Old 1 Apr 2001, 16:19 (Ref:76063)   #8
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I voted for the track to be kept, but for something to be done about it. As Jeanburrasca81 said, we see a lot of overtaking in Sao Paulo (particularly through the Senna 'S').

I think the Brazilian GP will remain in Sao Paulo, possibly out of respect for Ayrton Senna. Many people regard him as the greatest ever F1 driver, so I don't see it as being very likely that they will axe the race in his home city.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 17:16 (Ref:76610)   #9
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I never said get rid of Brazil, I'd get rid of Hungary, SM, Barcelona, Silverstone, Magny-Cours and Austria first.
BTW, yes the other 0.5 is Salo, i'm bizarre like that
Old 3 Apr 2001, 12:44 (Ref:76924)   #10
kuchi
Veteran

Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
kuchi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think track it´s good, because all drivers face a big challenge when racing in Brazil. But the paddock area is ugly. They should do something about it. It´s old, so if they fix this I think it will become a favourite venue. Besides, tickets sell fast there because of the passion for F1, and that is a big reason to keep the Brazilian GP.
Old 3 Apr 2001, 13:47 (Ref:76934)   #11
F1Rumors
Rookie

F1Rumors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the bumps in Brazil make it a real challenge to set the cars up properly. Additionally, it's a real tough, challenging race. We need more like this on the calendar, not less.

At the end of the day, the drivers who complain about the bumps can all run softer suspension, should they choose. That they choose not to, is their problem. If more courses were like this, then F1 would evolve an effective way of cushioning the drivers from the effects...

I am all for variety in circuits: it means drivers can show their skills in different environments, and teams have to build more versatile equipment. Great stuff. And what's the alternative? If the teams had their way, all races would take place at the same circuit -- probably Barcelona -- where the cars are simply built and optimised to do one thing. Sound a bit like dragsters? Well, that's what it would become... alright in its niche, but best kept there!

Just my tuppence worth.