Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Oct 2017, 07:05 (Ref:3776955)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Swinei I am Jelous . But my T bone steak was a good substitute 😀 And we had a wild bore staring at us on the way back . Glad I was not on push bike
Old 28 Oct 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3776973)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Swinei I am Jelous . But my T bone steak was a good substitute 😀 And we had a wild bore staring at us on the way back . Glad I was not on push bike
How the other half live ! whereas us two OAPs have to live on bread and water and collect firewood to keep warm !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Oct 2017, 13:20 (Ref:3777007)   #28
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
How the other half live ! whereas us two OAPs have to live on bread and water and collect firewood to keep warm !
Guess there'll be a lot of that in Spain once the Catalonians have blockaded everything...!!!
Old 29 Oct 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3777159)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike we heard about another race to take place at Braga on 2/3rd of December, cheap entry fee. The right day to announce it because Braga is anti clockwise style!
How are your races?
Old 29 Oct 2017, 06:37 (Ref:3777164)   #30
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Sadly we've had to withdraw our SLR from the 2 hour GTSCC race today, which is a great shame as it's not often all 3 are on track together.

The ignition timing slipped again during qualifying, and after having all the dizzy drive out again, sending pics to the engine builder, plus showing the parts to various knowledgeable people present in the paddock, it was decided that the risk of a third engine failure was too great.

On a positive note, the weather is still great, we had another excellent supper (followed by gelato from the nearby place) last night, and the event is confirmed for the 3rd weekend in October next year. That is the weekend before Peter Auto go to Imola, so looks like it will be very difficult to truck from Portimao to Italy in the timescale available. Will need some careful planning for those wanting to race at both......

Now bracing myself for the 3 day drive up to Caen to get home- necessary as Britney ferries are once again mucking freight customers about by refusing to confirm bookings on the Bilbao route. No doubt hoping to fill the boat with more lucrative tourist bookings- ignoring the fact that freight keeps them going the rest of the year.......
Old 29 Oct 2017, 08:41 (Ref:3777171)   #31
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, sorry to hear about the SLR, given the problems you have had with the engine, probably the right decision though!

Good luck to the other 10thers out today.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 29 Oct 2017, 08:59 (Ref:3777177)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry to read about your woes Mike. Hope it all gets sorted easily.

I would like to thank Delta for his efforts yesterday and Friday. We qualified third in class and 22 and finished third in class and 11th. I was hit for track limits so suffered a drive through. It was a bit unjustified because at the time I was trying to avoid being t boned by the winning BMW! Hey ho.

Had some excellent food in various fish restaurants in Praia du Rocha and now just heading for breakfast then a last day in the sunshine before the flight home.

Many thanks go to Ken and Tim Clarke for prepping the car, Pat for lap timing and organising and once again Delta for his sterling efforts.

We will be looking at handling for the car next year because it's sideways everywhere which is fun but a bit slow. Other than that all it needs is an engine refresh.

It was announced that MRL will have an HTCC grid at the Silverstone Classic so that's July sorted then.
Old 31 Oct 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3777749)   #33
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A couple of pics from the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20171028_175010_513.jpg   IMG-20171027-WA0000.jpg   IMG-20171028-WA0004.jpg  

Old 1 Nov 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3777919)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That's 3!

I'm still trying to get home- we left under cover of darkness this morning as there's a truck ban in France today. Now 3.5hrs from Caen......
Old 1 Nov 2017, 08:32 (Ref:3777924)   #35
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
That's 3!

I'm still trying to get home- we left under cover of darkness this morning as there's a truck ban in France today. Now 3.5hrs from Caen......
I'm sure you'll find some festivities or a fair to enjoy somewhere, Mike!

At least the sun is shining & it's a beautiful morning.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 10:52 (Ref:3777966)   #36
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A Truck ban?

Given that much of the French road network seems to be far better than the UK network that seems a little ridiculous.

That said the concept of a total traffic ban on UK roads might be the only way to make them work effectively.

Old 1 Nov 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3777967)   #37
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike, the ban won't apply to you "trucks servicing sporting events or trade fairs" are exempt although I think even they have to avoid certain routes around Paris. Bit late, sorry.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 11:58 (Ref:3777971)   #38
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
A Truck ban?

Given that much of the French road network seems to be far better than the UK network that seems a little ridiculous.

That said the concept of a total traffic ban on UK roads might be the only way to make them work effectively.

Today, 1 November, is a public holiday - All Saints Day.
Old 1 Nov 2017, 15:17 (Ref:3777994)   #39
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Mike, the ban won't apply to you "trucks servicing sporting events or trade fairs" are exempt although I think even they have to avoid certain routes around Paris. Bit late, sorry.
Quite right Colin, we weren’t bothered at all. Just us, fridges and a couple of media trucks on the road. Nice!

Now at Caen, enjoying a Leffe and the sun is shining....
Old 1 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3778020)   #40
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Today, 1 November, is a public holiday - All Saints Day.
Does not seem to be the sort of logic applied in the UK.