Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > WTCC & European Touring Car Series

Old 7 Jul 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3749504)   #16
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can see this being very much like the LMP3 Cup that MSVR launched this year.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 10:28 (Ref:3749561)   #17
Cinghio44
Racer

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR Uk will not damage the Btcc in the short term but in future it could be a threat. I have read somewhere that the budget for a BTCC season is quite high. Is it true?
Old 8 Jul 2017, 19:37 (Ref:3749640)   #18
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to it. Can it come to Knockhill please? We don't even get British GT up here any more.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3749643)   #19
pimmy
Racer

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Britain doesn't need this series. I'll still follow it though.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 21:00 (Ref:3749651)   #20
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
I don't think anyone has mentioned VW Fun Cup. You may have seen mention of VW Racing Cup, which is a completely different thing.

Fun Cup is a multi-driver enduro series using space-frame Beetle lookalikes.
Racing cup is a UK series using Golfs, Scirrocos, etc -
Oops, sorry
Old 9 Jul 2017, 07:23 (Ref:3749706)   #21
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TCR exists as a world wide series with manufacturer support, with many cars available both new and second hand. Personally I think it's important the UK has a series that has that world wide commonality rather than the cul de sac that is BTCC.

I hope that it is successful.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3749711)   #22
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just thinking how many people current own a TCR spec car in the UK? Off the top of my head:

Stewart Lines (Leon)
Finlay Crocker (Civic)
Andrew Morrison (Leon)

Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3749724)   #23
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Purely from a looks point of view, I think TCR cars are more attractive than the NGTC cars the BTCC use. They have wheels that actually fit the arches, the rear wings are more elegant and the overall body kits don't look quite as plasticy.

The TCR cars also don't appear to roll around quite so much when cornering which has long been a pet hate of mine of the current BTCC cars.

I hope that a TCR series is a success.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 10:56 (Ref:3749725)   #24
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They do look nicer but I wish there were more saloons with proper boots. The A3 is the nicest one because of that IMO.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3749783)   #25
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpeed-King should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Just thinking how many people current own a TCR spec car in the UK? Off the top of my head:

Stewart Lines (Leon)
Finlay Crocker (Civic)
Andrew Morrison (Leon)

There are also a few British run TCR cars in the Creventic 24h series... not sure if any of those would be interested in doing sprint races at home, though.
Old 9 Jul 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3749918)   #26
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
There are also a few British run TCR cars in the Creventic 24h series... not sure if any of those would be interested in doing sprint races at home, though.
Assuming there are no date clashes, and they can find a driver with a budget, then don't see why they wouldn't be interested. Good thing about TCR is it's an easy conversion from endurance to sprint spec. At the Dubai 24h this year, James Kaye ran the Audi RS3 in the local TCR series sprint race; the team did little more than change ride height and added fuel; and rolled the car onto the grid for the 24h race
Old 9 Jul 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3750020)   #27
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group N and Super Touring co-existed for long enough before the latter cannibalised the former to create BTC.

I think if TCR gets a footing in the UK we'll see an eventual merger of the two when NGTC eventually needs a replacement and or starts to fail due to costs.

Currently NGTC is touring car's GTE to TCR's GT3. And the way GTE is carrying on I think we'll have another late 90's GT1 situation on our hands again!
Old 10 Jul 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3750103)   #28
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!BertMk2 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Currently NGTC is touring car's GTE to TCR's GT3. And the way GTE is carrying on I think we'll have another late 90's GT1 situation on our hands again!
I'm not sure this analogy is ideal - GT3 looks unsustainable too!
Old 10 Jul 2017, 10:46 (Ref:3750109)   #29
AndySpeed
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
AndySpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some additional comments from Marcello on next year's TCR UK:

http://www.touringcars.net/2017/07/m...tcr-uk-success

I am looking forward to seeing how this develops.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3750146)   #30
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySpeed View Post
Some additional comments from Marcello on next year's TCR UK:

http://www.touringcars.net/2017/07/m...tcr-uk-success

I am looking forward to seeing how this develops.
So far they don't overestimate themself and know their place behind BTCC. I think that's a good starting point.

I can imagine there are Mini Challenge, VW Cup, Clio Cup drivers and teams that want to compete at a higher level but for which BTCC is a bridge too far.