Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 26 Jun 2002, 08:44 (Ref:321867)   #1
Bodysnatcher
La Grande Théière
Veteran

Marshall Islands
5 minutes from the kentagon
Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!Bodysnatcher has a real shot at the podium!
On this day in history (June 26th 00)

The home page commemorates the day at Goodwood when a driver and a marshal were killed.

In this part of the forum at least we can remember the marshal's name.

Andy Carpenter, a gentleman, a damn fine marshal and drinking buddy. Thanks for some fun days and nights at Le Mans Andy.
Remember too Steve Tarrant, still recovering from his injuries, but still turning up at race meetings to do what he can.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 08:51 (Ref:321873)   #2
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
I'm not sure what to say to this except that I've just taken a short time out to mark the moment.

Thinking of Andy and everyone who was affected by his passing - my sincere best wishes.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 09:22 (Ref:321888)   #3
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surely we can get Andy's name included?
Old 26 Jun 2002, 12:50 (Ref:322071)   #4
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
PM Craig and ask Martin
Old 26 Jun 2002, 19:45 (Ref:322410)   #5
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just seen this. My thoughts are with all those effected by this incident.

It's sad Andy's name isn't included. It would also have been nice if Marshal had been spelt correctly - i.e. one L not two.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 19:48 (Ref:322413)   #6
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
well in fairness, they've had to put something in for every day of the year and it all has to be typed up - site owners have been notified and I have every confidence it will be rectified. I'm sure it's not meant with any disrespect.
Old 26 Jun 2002, 19:54 (Ref:322419)   #7
Shinners
Racer

Shinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridShinners should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Was just thinking about same earlier. Sincere thoughts go out to Andys family and friends and to the other marshals who lost their lives in helping to protect the lives of others.
Old 27 Jun 2002, 02:48 (Ref:322603)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
ok guys , I apologize for any disrespect that may have been caused by the non addition of any of the marshals involved, as I was unaware of the person or persons names involved in the accident.

so can someone who knows all the relevent information please PM with the correct info and I will add it as soon as possible and Andy can be remembered for his dedication to the sport we all love.

Hope this clears up any problems.

CHEERS
Marcus
Old 27 Jun 2002, 02:51 (Ref:322604)   #9
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
oh and thanks for helping out with this as well , I work alone on this project for ten tenths and any help from any members is always appreciated and very welcomed to try and make things as accurate and detailed as possible
Old 27 Jun 2002, 05:34 (Ref:322637)   #10
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by EvilPumpkin
well in fairness, they've had to put something in for every day of the year and it all has to be typed up - site owners have been notified and I have every confidence it will be rectified. I'm sure it's not meant with any disrespect.
Point taken EP - I've just re-read my post & it was somewhat harsher that I had intended it to be.

Marcus - thanks for picking up on this and dealing with it so swiftly.
Old 27 Jun 2002, 15:50 (Ref:322926)   #11
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I've thought about this and I think the best thing is Ernie Nagamatsu's tribute to Andy.

If I could, I would, attend my last meeting of marshals in the morning to receive my last instructions of the day.

If I could, I would, put on my orange uniform of BARC one last time, as it was a symbol of the legacy of the Organization and all of those who served before me… all with a singular purpose and passion for the sport.

If I could, I would, walk to my assigned station and survey the course to make sure it would absolutely safe for drivers using the course… for safety for others was always paramount in my mind.

If I could, I would, share the camaraderie with the other marshals as we truly shared a vision and objective for the day… regardless of the weather and situation at hand.

If I could, I would, I would walk my section of the course one last time and recall the many courses and turns I have walked… with clear eyes to make sure I did not miss a thing, as safety and the love of the sport came first.

If I could, I would, feel the sights, smells and sounds of the race- cars flying by and never losing my focus of the day.

If I could, I would, salute back to the drivers for a job well done one last time …for the salute back was to know that I had done my job well… as well.

If I could, I would, raise the flag one last time and I did not realize that my checkered flag unfurled high in the sky would touch the face of God… and he was ‘flagging’ me home as well.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 01:52 (Ref:323220)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
awesome stuff Evil , very nice indeed.

ummm can someone please PM with the correct info on this matter please ???
Old 28 Jun 2002, 10:27 (Ref:323447)   #13
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Beautiful, EvilP, absolutely beautiful.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 10:41 (Ref:323464)   #14
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
Guys, just for the record I didn't write that. It was written as a tribute to Andy by a driver named Ernie Nagamatsu who was racing the day of the accident.

I think it's beautiful too R.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 18:50 (Ref:357050)   #15
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Just to clarify, for record purposes, the date of the accident was 24th June 2000, not the 26th.

But thank you all for marking the day in memory of a lost friend.

Steve Tarrant
Old 13 Aug 2002, 19:09 (Ref:357070)   #16
TwoSheds
Veteran

England
Farnborough, UK
TwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTwoSheds should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant
Just to clarify, for record purposes, the date of the accident was 24th June 2000, not the 26th.

But thank you all for marking the day in memory of a lost friend.

Steve Tarrant
Hi Steve, and welcome to 10 tenths.

I don't think any of us will forget that day.

Just read your comments on your web site regarding Goodwood and the World Superbikes and was left speechless. Words fail me.
Old 13 Aug 2002, 19:20 (Ref:357085)   #17
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
Hi,

and yes that's the response every marshal is giving me.

But officialdom? Well, I might as well not have survived, for all the assistance they are giving me. All I can do is keep on pushing and fighting and see if I can break the mentality of the "jobsworths" we have.