Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 2 Mar 2016, 10:42 (Ref:3619231)   #1
motdo
Rookie

motdo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transporting a Bentley T-Series

Hello there, I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I'd transport a big old 1975 Bentley T-Series 4DR? I'm not really comfortable towing it as there seems to be a problem with the steering and I would be worried anyway that it might get damaged a long the way. I want to get it across Southern Ireland to my home town so I can get it to a friends garage for him to have a look what needs repairing to get it road worthy. It's been sat in a lock-up gathering dust for the last how many years so its time it got a chance for a second coming.
Old 3 Mar 2016, 05:01 (Ref:3619482)   #2
motdo
Rookie

motdo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Transporting a Bentley T-Series

Found a cheap transport trailer for rent at a for sale site in Ireland here and its under €40 euros which seems reasonable, more reasonable than I was expecting. I need to contact them though to find out their location and whether its big enough to transport a bulky Bentley. If that doesn't work out then I suppose its either buy my own, which seems a little expensive for one trip, or just get a company to transport it for me. Going to try and get some quotes to see how much more it would cost to get someone to courier it for me.
Old 4 Mar 2016, 10:15 (Ref:3619839)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have you tried http://www.heritage-transport.co.uk/. They have a great pedigree in this sort of work.

Regards

Jim