Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 26 May 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3541558)   #1
Crackers
Rookie

Crackers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Global GT Lights, GT1, GT2

Hi all

I'm just wondering whether it's possible to get any opinions and thoughts about this range of cars. They've been out of effective production for a few years and grid numbers have dwindled seriously. I'm not sure whether that's simply due to lack of availability of spares but I can't really see that there's any significant competition for these cars apart from a few kit cars as the alternatives seem much more expensive.

People who still drive them tell me they're fantastic cars and have been incredible value for money and I'd have thought, with a small amount of modernising, they'd still be a great entry to sports car racing without blowing a huge budget.

In OSS they've been running in pretty much a class of their own, tho a couple of Aquila Synergy's have appeared this year (kit cars) which seem to be well down on lap times at the start of the season.

I'd be interested to know people's opinions and experiences and whether anyone thinks there might be any interest in the market place for people to start racing these cars again.

What does anyone think?

J
Old 26 May 2015, 22:09 (Ref:3541570)   #2
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackers View Post
Hi all

I'm just wondering whether it's possible to get any opinions and thoughts about this range of cars. They've been out of effective production for a few years and grid numbers have dwindled seriously. I'm not sure whether that's simply due to lack of availability of spares but I can't really see that there's any significant competition for these cars apart from a few kit cars as the alternatives seem much more expensive.

People who still drive them tell me they're fantastic cars and have been incredible value for money and I'd have thought, with a small amount of modernising, they'd still be a great entry to sports car racing without blowing a huge budget.

In OSS they've been running in pretty much a class of their own, tho a couple of Aquila Synergy's have appeared this year (kit cars) which seem to be well down on lap times at the start of the season.

I'd be interested to know people's opinions and experiences and whether anyone thinks there might be any interest in the market place for people to start racing these cars again.

What does anyone think?

J

I can't really comment on the Global Lights cars, but I know the guy who designed the Aquila Synergy. It's not really supposed to operate on the level of the OSS cars - It's primary function is to replace Formula Ford in Denmark, from what I've been told.

It's only powered by a Citroen C1 1.0, after all!

EDIT: I think it'd be a lot quicker with a motorcycle engine, actually...

Last edited by adam46; 26 May 2015 at 22:16.

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 27 May 2015, 22:32 (Ref:3541902)   #3
Crackers
Rookie

Crackers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aquila Synergy

Hi Adam

Yes, a Toyota 1kr-fe apparently, as fitted to the C1 amongst others, developing a humungous 81 bhp, so probably quicker with a suitable bike engine Of course, handling is important also, all cars attributes are going to be different, it helps to be quickish round the twisties and I guess that's where a lot of the design effort goes. I'm led to believe the globals were pretty good for the type of car? Anybody?

J