Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Sep 2012, 17:58 (Ref:3140440)   #51
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
happy birthday from Le Mans and the best wishes for the next.
Old 23 Sep 2012, 20:49 (Ref:3140517)   #52
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Happy Birthday from the States. Good to hear about your transplant but I'm sorry about your lack of visitors. With your laptop, hopefully you'll be able to check in from time to time and let us know how you're doing. Glad the group photo is helping keep your morale up.

Even though we've never met, you were still a part of my Le Mans and I hope to share a drink together in the near future and for years to come.

All the best.

-Robert
Old 24 Sep 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3140781)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
happy birthday, allon glad the sight of us possers at le mans can bring a smile to your face, if you look back at the last few years you can see many of the old faces but you were missed last year so start the planning for 2013, you will need to get in early for decent hotels or campsites so use the time you are sitting around in hospital to good use. looking forward to meeting you again at the 2013 meet when the weather will be sunny (ayse can confirm this) and the wine provided by our wonderful french friends will be delicious, plus various more potent spirits from our friends across the globe to look forward to. See you in 2013
Old 24 Sep 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3140832)   #54
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Echoing the wishes of the everyone else on here Allon.

Not sure what the internet situation is like with you but I'd do my best to monster it with Le Mans videos. Here is a decent place to start.

http://www.youtube.com/user/GT1channel

All the best, Rich.
Old 25 Sep 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3141581)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hi Allon, sorry to be late in with the birthday greetings. (Although how a photo with all our ugly mugs on it could cheer you up I have no idea! ).
Old 28 Sep 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3143194)   #56
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks for the continuing messages of support. Not doing too bad, but one of the side effects of fully body irradiation is ulcers in your mouth and throat, so soon I'll be being fed via drip. Oh and my hair is pretty much gone, but that is not really a problem.

One of the things that I am beginning to realise though, is that I can't be sure about attending Le Mans 2013. It's going to be 6 months at least before I am well enough to potentially work again, and my stamina and immune system may take up to 2 years to fully recover. I realistically won't be able to make a decision until a month or 2 before the race, and probably ought to avoid camping if I do go. So my options are going be very limited. I will of course go if at all possible, especially as there will the 90th anniversary celebrations, but it's going be a close run thing.

Thanks for the link Rich, enjoying those reviews. I remember the standing ovation for the Porsche in 2000 which in the last hour had to drive the entire track with the bonnet up and the driver leaning out the door! Also what happened to (apart from 2001) the glorious weather we had in the early 00s?

Cheers for now
Allon
Old 28 Sep 2012, 16:38 (Ref:3143304)   #57
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Dear Allon, although we have never met, I do feel a connection, I am holding the word well in the tenths picture. I Wish you many more birthdays to come and a very good and fast recovery. Hope to shake your hand in 2013 at LM. with sincere LM greetings from Holland.
Old 28 Sep 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3143338)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am sure the nursing staff should not be referred to as drips, they are doing there best, but seriously take care and set yourself the target of 2013, but if you don't make it you will suffer another ridiculous photo of some very sad le mans fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Thanks for the continuing messages of support. Not doing too bad, but one of the side effects of fully body irradiation is ulcers in your mouth and throat, so soon I'll be being fed via drip. Oh and my hair is pretty much gone, but that is not really a problem.

One of the things that I am beginning to realise though, is that I can't be sure about attending Le Mans 2013. It's going to be 6 months at least before I am well enough to potentially work again, and my stamina and immune system may take up to 2 years to fully recover. I realistically won't be able to make a decision until a month or 2 before the race, and probably ought to avoid camping if I do go. So my options are going be very limited. I will of course go if at all possible, especially as there will the 90th anniversary celebrations, but it's going be a close run thing.

Thanks for the link Rich, enjoying those reviews. I remember the standing ovation for the Porsche in 2000 which in the last hour had to drive the entire track with the bonnet up and the driver leaning out the door! Also what happened to (apart from 2001) the glorious weather we had in the early 00s?

Cheers for now
Allon
Old 28 Sep 2012, 18:16 (Ref:3143361)   #59
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I am sure the nursing staff should not be referred to as drips, they are doing there best, but seriously take care and set yourself the target of 2013, but if you don't make it you will suffer another ridiculous photo of some very sad le mans fans
Well said Simon!
So take it as a warning, if your not coming to Le Mans in 2013 we WILL make another photo .
Old 28 Sep 2012, 22:03 (Ref:3143431)   #60
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Cheers for now
Allon
Allon mate, I don't have to tell you, that if there's one well connected group of Le Mans pilgrims, it's the tenthers ! So, if you'll be able to make it to the 2013 race, I don't think that even a knowing a month or less in advance won't pose too big a problem for us to get you there...
Old 29 Sep 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3143881)   #61
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've only been twice now, and already the idea of not being back there next year is inconceivable.

Can't express my sympathies more.
Old 30 Sep 2012, 14:09 (Ref:3144149)   #62
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I love you ALLON! xxxxxxx
Old 1 Oct 2012, 12:37 (Ref:3144602)   #63
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Aww shucks, I never knew you cared that much mate! (Mental note, never tell Craig msgs of support mean a lot to me - this is what you get!)

Also thanks GTFour for the reassuring comments, it's good to know that if I do make a last minute decision to go that I've got good buddies who will try and make it happen.

It all seemed a bit distant until I watched Aysedasi's video footage from this year. Suddenly I was right back there, the sights, sounds and smells (!) which make the place so special.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3144617)   #64
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Here's a few memories to keep you going!
Attached Thumbnails
tt-2003-1.jpg   Le Mans 2005 376.jpg   Le Mans 2005 129.jpg  

Le Mans 2005 182.jpg   P6110002.jpg   P6120083.jpg  

Old 1 Oct 2012, 13:12 (Ref:3144623)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It all seemed a bit distant until I watched Aysedasi's video footage from this year. Suddenly I was right back there, the sights, sounds and smells (!) which make the place so special.

Shhhh! I'm keeping my patented Yankee Candle scented Le Mans DVD a closely-guarded secret!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3144632)   #66
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Some good memories there! 2nd photo is of Hugh Chamberlain and team by our camper in Arnage campsite after the car broke on Sat evening, 2005. The conversation went along the lines of "Hows the car Hugh?", "It's f*cked!", "Sorry to hear that, fancy a beer?" and they then stayed and chatted (until the beer was finished). Their plans for the evening were a bloody good meal in town for the team. What a legend.

The final photo of 'le truck du merde' in the ditch is funny and scary. Funny as it happened in slow motion in front of us as a coach barged pass going the other way. Scary as we were walking only a few feet behind it and realised how close we came to having an epitaph of "Crushed to death by 50 tons of excrement". Not the noblest thing way to go!
Old 1 Oct 2012, 13:42 (Ref:3144634)   #67
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Shhhh! I'm keeping my patented Yankee Candle scented Le Mans DVD a closely-guarded secret!
Essence of merguez, bbq smoke, stale beer and the occasional waft of broken sewer. Should be a best s(m)eller.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 14:40 (Ref:3144660)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Indeed Allon - just need a good arty-farty name for said fragrance.......
Old 1 Oct 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3144665)   #69
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Indeed Allon - just need a good arty-farty name for said fragrance.......
Such as....

Yves Saint Lemans
Emporio Arnagi
Ralph Leman
Diesel

...... sorry
Old 1 Oct 2012, 15:33 (Ref:3144689)   #70
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
Got more/better pictures of the Bentley, please?
Old 1 Oct 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3144833)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Got more/better pictures of the Bentley, please?

Sure. Here you go.....
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0343.JPG  
Old 1 Oct 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3144847)   #72
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sure. Here you go.....
A green one too
Bentley participated in Le Mans 2012.
Old 1 Oct 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3144851)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, that was taken long before our first merguez of the week.......

Old 2 Oct 2012, 07:44 (Ref:3145051)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Bentley could be making a comeback to racing so showing pictures like that could force VW to cancel the whole project, andrew you should take more care not to scare potential entries away
Old 2 Oct 2012, 08:29 (Ref:3145066)   #75
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Sure. Here you go.....
Thank you. Nice Bentley. But not exactly the kind I was hoping to buy some day and take to Le Mans. But will drink slightly less than my preferred kind, presumably.