Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Jul 2014, 17:52 (Ref:3431096)   #326
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we had a thread turn into a Bleekemolen tribute page a few weeks ago. He is a heck of a talent to be able to jump in and out of different cars every week!
Old 7 Jul 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3431516)   #327
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
5 posts for BSS/FIAGT race meeting (of which two actually described the event somewhat) @ the most active sportscar forum you can find on internet. Good lord. Remember how there used to be individual 10+ page event threads for regular rounds? Remember the time when you were able to tell this series - assuming you count it part of the same continuum as FIA GT - apart from all the other GT series around?

Last edited by Deleted; 7 Jul 2014 at 18:36.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3431531)   #328
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
5 posts for BSS/FIAGT race meeting (of which two actually described the event somewhat) @ the most active sportscar forum you can find on internet. Good lord. Remember how there used to be individual 10+ page event threads for regular rounds? Remember the time when you were able to tell this series - assuming you count it part of the same continuum as FIA GT - apart from all the other GT series around?
Now 6... I watched it. Good coverage really. Here in the States, the hour race is a "two hour" broadcast, as we get pre- and post race coverage, and the complete race. When they go to commercial break, they come back exactly where they left on the race clock. That's how a tape delayed event should be broadcast.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:15 (Ref:3431534)   #329
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Now 6... I watched it. Good coverage really. Here in the States, the hour race is a "two hour" broadcast, as we get pre- and post race coverage, and the complete race. When they go to commercial break, they come back exactly where they left on the race clock. That's how a tape delayed event should be broadcast.
Wow, nice to hear somebody's getting something right for a change
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:36 (Ref:3431540)   #330
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I'll get on the BSS post bandwagon.

Here's some more praise for SRO - the BSS streaming site wasn't geo-blocked for this race. It was still on BT Sport as well (just like GT Open, which was on just after BSS).
Old 7 Jul 2014, 20:48 (Ref:3431542)   #331
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Posting in race threads seems to be way down almost across the board(s) these days...

While that could be due to a lack of interest, I also think it has to do with changed habits of internet usage - here are some points:

A) Availability of streaming video and the broadband connection you need to run those
It's easy to post in a race thread while listening to RLM and checking T&S the way people did ten years ago... but it gets kinda hard when you are trying to follow a video stream at the same time, especially in the one hour races, where something important could happen any moment. Not all of us have a separate "second screen", and even if you have one, you'll can't really watch the actual video screen while typing, much less while reading someone else's comments.

B) Social Media
A lot of the posting that used to be done on forums has moved to facebook, twitter and other social media (like the comment sections of many websites), meaning less traffic for race threads.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 21:37 (Ref:3431565)   #332
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Agreed with that, but it's still sad when other series' race threads are flourishing. Still, when the series dropped down to hour long sprint series in line with Generation Social Media, I see your point.

I realised on Friday that even the social media wasn't that easy though; the official feed was starting Tweets with drivers' handles so they weren't even made public (accidentally)......

Another good race, not a fan of the format still but I can't argue with the hour of racing they did have on Sunday.

East showing why he is a modern great of GT drivers again. Question for you: is Maxi Buhk's star fading after last year's heroics? I'm more impressed by Gotz this year.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 22:10 (Ref:3431572)   #333
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
You won't get an argument from me against that. But then, Götz grew up 20km down the road from where I live, so I am massively biased for him...
Old 8 Jul 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3431852)   #334
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I'll get on the BSS post bandwagon.

Here's some more praise for SRO - the BSS streaming site wasn't geo-blocked for this race. It was still on BT Sport as well (just like GT Open, which was on just after BSS).

Really? Dammit. I could've watched it live then. I just assumed it was geo blocked here in Australia as it usually is and waited til after the race for the replay.

We'll see if it happens again eh?
Old 8 Jul 2014, 17:40 (Ref:3431861)   #335
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Really? Dammit. I could've watched it live then. I just assumed it was geo blocked here in Australia as it usually is and waited til after the race for the replay.

We'll see if it happens again eh?
I was as surprised as you believe me ... I prefer using their streaming because the live timing is on the same page and it's very easy to update manually when it inevitably falls behind.

I haven't seen anything regarding changing TV packages or rights, so it may be the case that it is still blocked in Australia. Maybe SRO have seen the light, or perhaps they saw GT Open doing both and realized how stupid it was to restrict such a niche product in the first place. Still if this continues they get my thanks.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3431888)   #336
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Ha, I hadn't tried it live either. Been using clip converter website to download.
Old 8 Jul 2014, 20:09 (Ref:3431907)   #337
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple thoughts:

1. Unlike the endurance series the WRT team is still a potent threat to win every race

2. Enzo Ide. Wow not a typical looking race car driver. Big curly hair, thick glasses, a bit on the chubby side. But can drive fast though he is prone to mistakes every now and then. But overall I do cheer for him. Nice to have someone different like that driving.
Old 9 Jul 2014, 11:30 (Ref:3432128)   #338
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great stint from Rast in the conditions. Have to agree with whoever said that Buhk's star is waning a little, Gotz deserved a podium today.
Old 10 Jul 2014, 09:13 (Ref:3432418)   #339
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Next year's Blancpain Sprint Series could include a round in Brazil.
Old 25 Jul 2014, 15:56 (Ref:3437759)   #340
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blancpain Sprint Series Calendar 2015

Not much news on the BSS calendar at Spa but here is what the general public is supposed to know: http://gtsprintseries.wordpress.com/...calendar-2015/
Old 18 Aug 2014, 18:36 (Ref:3445111)   #341
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All inkl returning to Ratel series:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/n...print%20Series

Old 18 Aug 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3445139)   #342
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
And also HTP are running a third car which also has two drivers with the same name. The second car probably feels a bit out of place :lol:
Old 18 Aug 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3445148)   #343
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They have sub championship Silver and Pro-Am Cups in a sprint based single category series with less than 25 entrants. What was is that certain someone said last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane Ratel
The worst year I had was 16-17 cars in one class and WEC has four classes with 5 cars, 8 cars, 6 cars, 8 cars, a series of micro Championships with a micro fight in each. 50% of the participants are on the podium to give them enough sugar that they continue spending a LOT of money to be part of this platform.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3445186)   #344
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyway, they for sure have the healthier pro grid in Europe in GT Racing with 15 PRO cars. As a Remainder, the 24h of Spa had 18 PRO cars and the BES Paul ricard 12 PRO cars.
Old 18 Aug 2014, 21:11 (Ref:3445189)   #345
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until BES will have more than 40 cars per race, Ratel will have always numbers on his side
Old 19 Aug 2014, 09:22 (Ref:3445318)   #346
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Hopefully Procyk and Bleekemolen have another victorious outing for Grasser in Slovakia
Old 20 Aug 2014, 12:00 (Ref:3445671)   #347
IndyMeister
Racer

IndyMeister should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HTP driver selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
And also HTP are running a third car which also has two drivers with the same name. The second car probably feels a bit out of place :lol:
Sergei and Stef share some letters as well - und both begin with "S". I see the pattern, too!
Thus, I suggest all the Stefan/Stéphane/Å*tefan/Stef/Stefano form a team for HTP next year
Old 21 Aug 2014, 01:41 (Ref:3445863)   #348
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm late to posting on this thread as well, but CBS Sports Network is now showing BSS races and I've finally caught up on the DVR.

I have to say the races this year have been much more entertaining than the last two years. It helps when Brands and Zandvoort are two of the first three races. Also, looking at the entry list for Slovakia, I'd say that's the strongest entry for FIA GT/GT1 World/BSS in about 4 years. There's some momentum with the series it seems.
Old 22 Aug 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3446214)   #349
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Buhk Suspended for Slovakia Ring

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/bs...ters-incident/
Old 22 Aug 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3446226)   #350
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

Any more details on the GT masters incident? Must've been pretty serious to warrant a suspension.