Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Jul 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3439099)   #1001
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Ratel said at the press conference that there will be a GT4 alone Blancpain Series coming up, didn't he?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 05:46 (Ref:3439144)   #1002
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wasn't GT4 Europe already resurrrected by the SRO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Welcome back to the world of noone understanding why a car that performs well on fast corners, does it wrong due to wining the last race, welcome to the world of absurd. Or when the Maserati MC12 won cyclically in the same way as their ballast was present or not. Absurd.
It's absurd but not any more absurd than with race-by-race BoP!

As for the MC12, it shows that the system worked (for what's it worth) as the best car still won. And we may moan about it's legality forever but it was clearly the best street model of all GT cars of the previous decade, so it's not like we're talking of the likes of AMR with their old BoPped pieces of junk dominating.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 05:52 (Ref:3439146)   #1003
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Wasn't GT4 Europe already resurrrected by the SRO...

As for the MC12, it shows that the system worked (for what's it worth) as the best car still won. And we may moan about it's legality forever but it was clearly the best street model of all GT cars of the previous decade, so it's not like we're talking of the likes of AMR with their old BoPped pieces of junk dominating.
Couldn't agree more on race-by-race BoP. I can live with season long BoP because it's consistent for teams to live on and good for spectators, but race by race BoP just adds too much politics and maneuvering into racing.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 07:55 (Ref:3439186)   #1004
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe I was a little optimistic thing that Bentley could win or even grab a podium. But hey, both cars made it to the finish after 24 hours, (14th and 17th if I remember correctly - my memory isn't the greatest). The opening 6 hours showed some awful driving, I'm just glad that everyone was okay (apart from the poor guy who was air lifted to hospital - I've heard he was concious and awake in hospital which is very good news). Onwards on upwards now for Bentley, the final round at the Nurburgring!
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:23 (Ref:3439197)   #1005
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Up until last year, we could find a lot of PDF files on the Blancpain site, with - amongst others - the race result, laptimes, hourly positions, session times.

However, this year's site doesn't seem to contain this information.
It's not that the info hasn't been posted yet, I can't find it for any of the previous races either.

Did I just miss it by looking at the wrong page, or is this info no longer available to the public?
Old 28 Jul 2014, 08:48 (Ref:3439208)   #1006
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Agree too and heavily.

Quote:

Something just delaying a victory of a car, by just manipulating some races and some other not, its hugelly confusing and absurd, even considering BoP changes are worst, because the ballast can be presented to fans in their website as a regular response to results, and the BoP (Changes) will be harder to be presented to fans, but both of them are absurd manipulations of the car performances on the different type of tracks.

Agree about the BoP manipulation posibilities, only stating if it is fairly used is way better to Success ballast .
Old 28 Jul 2014, 11:41 (Ref:3439270)   #1007
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Photo: Actu Moteurs

No injuries according the post on Facebook.
Old 28 Jul 2014, 11:48 (Ref:3439272)   #1008
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
... okay
Old 28 Jul 2014, 12:50 (Ref:3439297)   #1009
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Took me a while to spot the upside-down hatchback ...
Old 28 Jul 2014, 13:21 (Ref:3439307)   #1010
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Even the truckies got in on the crashing action....
Old 29 Jul 2014, 03:00 (Ref:3439518)   #1011
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think when it comes to TV coverage nothing matches SRO now. Great on track action with no commericals and tire tip fluff. John Watson is pretty darn good commentator too even though I'm sure he is in his 70's in age now.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 03:36 (Ref:3439525)   #1012
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Except for the 9 hours of missing coverage the ACO and VLN don't seem to miss. Oh, and RLM wipes the floor with Watson....
Old 29 Jul 2014, 03:40 (Ref:3439526)   #1013
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdragon View Post
Agree too and heavily.

Something just delaying a victory of a car, by just manipulating some races and some other not, its hugelly confusing and absurd, even considering BoP changes are worst, because the ballast can be presented to fans in their website as a regular response to results, and the BoP (Changes) will be harder to be presented to fans, but both of them are absurd manipulations of the car performances on the different type of tracks.

Agree about the BoP manipulation posibilities, only stating if it is fairly used is way better to Success ballast .
Works fine in super gt. Not confusing when you have the weight displayed on the window.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3439537)   #1014
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Except for the 9 hours of missing coverage the ACO and VLN don't seem to miss. Oh, and RLM wipes the floor with Watson....
VLN? How exactly is the N24 coverage better? Only national TV, again no night, same RML...
Old 29 Jul 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3439574)   #1015
Ryan Smith
Rookie

England
Slough
Ryan Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

Photo: Actu Moteurs

No injuries according the post on Facebook.
Maldonado is at it again!
Old 29 Jul 2014, 08:42 (Ref:3439589)   #1016
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post

Yeah whilst Watson and co were speculating about the problems with the nr77 MVDS BMW, RLM were getting the info from the horses mouth (Paltalla). Bit off a difference. Good interview. Pity Bas Leinders showed up and started banging on the window :lol:
Old 29 Jul 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3439677)   #1017
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Works fine in super gt. Not confusing when you have the weight displayed on the window.
I meant the SB is to response to las round results, the justification of BoP would require few lines like (The BMW z4 will not be capable to advance other cars due to the poor straight line speed (in this round, with this BoP) with so many straights and such a lack of low speed corners, that would lead into undesired packages of cars behind the Z4's ). (That would do with F1 fans)

Not just pushing the data in the screen is enough for a big % of the fans , in the explanation of BoP changes.

Anyway for me SB is a mess allways, and BoP is only dangerous (unfair) sometimes.

Last edited by urdragon; 29 Jul 2014 at 13:09.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3439682)   #1018
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I think when it comes to TV coverage nothing matches SRO now. Great on track action with no commericals and tire tip fluff. John Watson is pretty darn good commentator too even though I'm sure he is in his 70's in age now.
I'd have to agree. I think it's something you almost take for granted. Until you see how bad coverage is in TUDOR.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3439684)   #1019
Deleted
Veteran

Ya all remember the old phrase "it's the same for everyone" that's given as excuse for all things silly?

Well if success ballast is something, it really is the same for everyone. You always know what you're gonna get or not gonna get by doing something, and most of all it cannot be manipulated by politics and secret waivers and other arguable crap. It is what it says in the rulebook.

Again I wish SB wasn't a thing that existed, but in my book it's always preferable to performance based BoP (= not such regulatory things as "restrictor size according to displacement table", I always considered them as part of the rules package and therefore fine - unlike performance BoP)
Old 29 Jul 2014, 17:59 (Ref:3439800)   #1020
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
SRO Statement on Mahy:

July 29th, 2014

Marcus Mahy, driver of the #111 Kessel Racing Ferrari, transported to the CHU hospital in Liege, during the course of the 2014 Total 24 Hours of Spa, underwent successful surgery yesterday and continues to make good progress.

His family would like to thank everybody for all their support and good wishes.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3439805)   #1021
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
SRO Statement on Mahy:

July 29th, 2014

Marcus Mahy, driver of the #111 Kessel Racing Ferrari, transported to the CHU hospital in Liege, during the course of the 2014 Total 24 Hours of Spa, underwent successful surgery yesterday and continues to make good progress.

His family would like to thank everybody for all their support and good wishes.
Good news.
Old 29 Jul 2014, 18:42 (Ref:3439815)   #1022
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Quote:

Again I wish SB wasn't a thing that existed, but in my book it's always preferable to performance based BoP (= not such regulatory things as "restrictor size according to displacement table", I always considered them as part of the rules package and therefore fine - unlike performance BoP)
Ok, SB it doesn't give unfair adventages to noone, but SB randomizes performances of the cars to avoid a car domination or delaying it.

I see it as silly, so for retaining motorsport interest in me (I haven't see silly things since there where racing Maserati MC12's, Murcielago 670 gt1 and Ford GT matech, which were enought Hype to put up with the silly SB)

I prefer something logical even considering they can manipulate results, if SRO does that, then I will start to see only ACO champs. (Non SRO BoPed champs)
Old 29 Jul 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3439892)   #1023
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know! Lets just make everyone race in Audi R8 or Ferrari 458 and have a spec series....
Old 31 Jul 2014, 13:40 (Ref:3440414)   #1024
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
ART are not quite happy about having to do battle with works squads as a privateer outfit, might be going elsewhere next year:
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/fre...es-du-systeme/
Old 31 Jul 2014, 13:57 (Ref:3440416)   #1025
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
basicly is what MVDS experienced for years... anyway it would be very disappointing for ART or M-sport to lose the championship even winning the last race.