Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 3 Feb 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2625954)   #1
chris dady
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
chris dady should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairthorpe Electron Minor FIA

With the amount of club racing it participated in, it is hardly conceivable that the Electron Minor with its Triumph running gear would have managed to avoid ever racing in an 'international' event - but I cannot find one - can any of you helpful people make any suggestions I can research please? Many thanks!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 08:14 (Ref:2626191)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
It probably did compete . . . .In the same race as the Rochdale Olympic, most TVR's/Marcos,GInetta/Diva/Falcon Perigrine/Tornado's etc . . .It was the Timothy Leary 500 at The Isle of White Festival.

all the documents where lost at sea, and the cars drifted ashore just off Selsey Bill
Old 4 Feb 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2626413)   #3
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Its ridiculous, if the car was built then let it run, why does it matter a fig if someone may or may not have entered it for some race or other. I just really do not understand all this FIA twaddle.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 14:43 (Ref:2626543)   #4
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Its ridiculous, if the car was built then let it run, why does it matter a fig if someone may or may not have entered it for some race or other. I just really do not understand all this FIA twaddle.
That means the Lotus 6 my brother and I built in dad's garage in 1962 with the 3.5 alloy Buick V8, but kept it a secret, could race in the Spa 6 hours!

Last edited by morninggents; 4 Feb 2010 at 14:46. Reason: duplicated by twitchy finger
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:51 (Ref:2626772)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No not at all as thats a home built special don't be daft, I am talking about genuine production cars made by a certified manufacturer, type approved and sold to the general public.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 19:59 (Ref:2626780)   #6
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
That means the Lotus 6 my brother and I built in dad's garage in 1962 with the 3.5 alloy Buick V8, but kept it a secret, could race in the Spa 6 hours!
Flip sake! did you build one of those too?
Old 5 Feb 2010, 00:27 (Ref:2626968)   #7
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Flip sake! did you build one of those too?
Yeah, we had a spare as well so with yours there were 3 built. Today,however, there are 8 all sharing the 3 chassis numbers!!
Old 5 Feb 2010, 06:03 (Ref:2627053)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris dady View Post
With the amount of club racing it participated in, it is hardly conceivable that the Electron Minor with its Triumph running gear would have managed to avoid ever racing in an 'international' event - but I cannot find one - can any of you helpful people make any suggestions I can research please? Many thanks!
Hi Chris, good to hear you are still in the area and thinking of racing cars!

Presume you are talking of HTP possibilities? What info do you have about the car's period racing exploits, and have you had a chat with Jim (Lowry) about them. He guided my plastic car through the process without recourse to the famous IoW Festival................
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2630833)   #9
Jeremy Hall
Racer

Jeremy Hall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I assume that the car you are talking about is the Fairthorpe Rockette with a 1600 straight six engine-Vitesse .
If so it is homologated on from number 91.
Old 10 Feb 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2630836)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Sweet little engine that as I recollect.
Old 12 Jul 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2725555)   #11
Bitsa
Rookie

United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Bitsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairthorpe Rockettes

My good friend owns the three eyed Rockette with Triumph 6 engine and the other one is in a shed having been grass tracked for many years ...
Old 15 Jul 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2727298)   #12
phoenix
Veteran

European Union
phoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridphoenix should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
It probably did compete . . . .In the same race as the Rochdale Olympic, most TVR's/Marcos,GInetta/Diva/Falcon Perigrine/Tornado's etc . . .It was the Timothy Leary 500 at The Isle of White Festival.

all the documents where lost at sea, and the cars drifted ashore just off Selsey Bill
Searching the internet I found that Patrice Wattine may own one of these - and have FIA papers for it. Zef, from what I have read I think you might know him?
Old 15 Jul 2010, 22:28 (Ref:2727326)   #13
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
Searching the internet I found that Patrice Wattine may own one of these - and have FIA papers for it. Zef, from what I have read I think you might know him?
Patrice is a delightful gent, very approachable, and his collection is worth the trip to Roubaix.
his website is in the public domain
http://www.arfindustries.com/
and a contact email is there too; he's also active on Facebook...
HTH

Last edited by MGDavid; 15 Jul 2010 at 22:30. Reason: grammar
Old 16 Jul 2010, 21:47 (Ref:2727790)   #14
Bitsa
Rookie

United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Bitsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFLTF_U6mbY&feature=fvsr

and he has a Gilbern 1800 ....