Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 18 Nov 2014, 16:49 (Ref:3476267)   #376
OilBurner
Rookie

OilBurner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Firstly, Hello and what a great site !
I found it by searching for info about a car i have been offered for sale.
I am hoping to find out a bit more about it before i decide whether to purchase or not. Reading back this thread , there is some info about it. It looks like there is huge 6R4 knowledge here.

The car is C288JFM, which became VEE64V and is now C170CST.
I believe the car started life as R.E.D boss Geoff Fieldings, then belonged to the late Tony Davies, then John Burn with whom it won the Scottish Rally Championship and for the last 8 years has been competing in some Scottish Forest and Tarmac Rallies with its latest owner.

If anyone can tell me anything about this car, i would be very grateful

Thanks
Old 12 Feb 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3711750)   #377
KevinSRJones
Rookie

KevinSRJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Apologies if it's already been answered, but a question about the 6R4 seen in the Ayrton Senna rally car test in CCC Magazine- According to pics, it was C64WDU.
http://www.racecar-engineering.com/i...5ef8efb7e3.jpg
Was it loaned by Austin Rover themselves or a private owner- it's got ARG logos on the front/rear wings, so possibly a factory demo car?. The number plate rings a vague bell from somewhere...
Apologies for the much belated response ... I was once registering a fleet of Montegos when I spotted C64WDU and thought it would be as near as perfect to place on the Press Car Clubman-spec MG Metro 6R4. Ironically, I was then the lucky individual to sit next to Ayrton Senna when he drove it (the Press Car, hence the Austin Rover livery) for that infamous moment, captured by Russell Buglin in CCC. Kevin Jones
Old 18 Aug 2018, 15:53 (Ref:3844475)   #378
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG Rover Sport View Post
And just compare this photo with the blue / yellow car that KA was trying to identify in his post #162 - it's the same car driven by Russell and Donald Hale and sponsored by Ware Garages...

David, I was there at Snetterton and took many photographs of the 6R4 that day, way back in December 1989. I had collected my brand new Rover 214Si on 1st December 1989 and went to Snetterton with my mate, Andy Howes (where are you, matey?) within a week or so, so can be confident on the month and year, if not the exact day.

I shared one of my photos with Roger Binyon when he was looking to sell the Metro and asked him to acknowledge me as the photograher. Sadly he didn't and I've only recently started sharing photos again, years later!

And yes, I have made a model of the 6R4 as it was that day!!

Cheers, Steve
Old 8 Aug 2023, 11:02 (Ref:4171854)   #379
Carlo2017
Rookie

Carlo2017 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello, who have the complet history of chassis 091 please ? Reg C84RBD
Old 1 Oct 2023, 10:13 (Ref:4179107)   #380
doubleg
Rookie

doubleg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw the thread, if anyone is interested Wynne Mitchell who worked as an engineer with the 6R4 has done a book called "The MG Metro 6R4 diaries", it's quite short but well worth a read in my opinion. Thoroughly enjoyable, it does have a few typos, but has some really interesting information about them testing and developing the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo2017 View Post
Hello, who have the complet history of chassis 091 please ? Reg C84RBD
Have you tried contacting 6R4.net ? If anyone has that kind of information it will be them.