Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 May 2013, 21:47 (Ref:3248141)   #251
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm not sure if it's a great era for drivers...
Old 15 May 2013, 22:51 (Ref:3248171)   #252
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
or tires...they really are crappy this year.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:08 (Ref:3248185)   #253
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I'm not sure if it's a great era for drivers...
I meant "of", not "for"...changes the meaning a bit.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:42 (Ref:3248195)   #254
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh, now I agree.
Old 16 May 2013, 00:52 (Ref:3248199)   #255
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We clearly have far too much time on our hands.

Now ****** off and do some work!!
Disgraceful..
Old 16 May 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3248207)   #256
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Lots of work here... it was a hell of a day.
Old 16 May 2013, 04:13 (Ref:3248222)   #257
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton definitely bettered Rosberg at Bahrain. Rosberg on pole, Hamilton 9th, and he still beat him in the race 5th vs 9th.

Nico does seem to be easier on tyres. Funny, because Schumacher was always better than Nico on tyres - although back then the Mercedes was worse than everyone else no matter what they did.
Old 16 May 2013, 08:29 (Ref:3248289)   #258
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Easy for Rosberg in Spain it would seem.

I am sure the usual mentalists will jump on the "Hamilton chews his tyres" thing (remember that Turkey race five years ago!?!), but the Pirelli tyres are so unusual it is hard to tell. In Bahrain the reverse happened, Rosberg burnt his up and Hamilton cruised through the field to easily better him. The tyres are an absolute lottery that not only destroy racing but make intra-team comparisons an absolute nightmare.

There is no skilled tyre conservation, it is simply hoping for the best.
Old 16 May 2013, 08:44 (Ref:3248297)   #259
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
There is no skilled tyre conservation, it is simply hoping for the best.
I think you make a good point here. Neither the teams nor the drivers fully understand the way these tyres work. At best we could say that they're 'inconsistent' and at worst, 'a lottery'. With that in mind, it makes inter or intra team driver assessment impossible.
Old 16 May 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3248378)   #260
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Isn't a case of tyres that don't work at all ?
Old 16 May 2013, 23:01 (Ref:3248601)   #261
Beryl
Veteran

Beryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBeryl should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Hamilton definitely bettered Rosberg at Bahrain. Rosberg on pole, Hamilton 9th, and he still beat him in the race 5th vs 9th.
Quote:
In Bahrain the reverse happened, Rosberg burnt his up and Hamilton cruised through the field to easily better him.
One thing to remember is that Rosberg was constantly fighting for position in Bahrain and was often either defending or driving in dirty air. This forced him into an extra pitstop which dropped him behind Hamilton (who was mostly cruising around in clean air). Even then, the difference between them was less than 6 seconds, not too large.

Nico seemed to have learned from that experience, as he wasn't fighting for position as hard in Spain and he clearly benefited with better tire life. Unfortunately, I'm not one who enjoys the idea of tires that punish drivers who battle for position. I know it's a fact of racing, this happens in any racing series where tire life is a factor, but not to this degree.
Old 17 May 2013, 11:58 (Ref:3248834)   #262
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

As I said before, somewhere, Rosberg is the new Trulli.
Old 18 May 2013, 00:28 (Ref:3249162)   #263
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
As I said before, somewhere, Rosberg is the new Trulli.
I think that both Rosberg and Hamilton have both done their fair share of holding up the traffic and dropping back down the field, this season. Having said that, Hamilton should easily come out of this as the better driver of the two, shouldn't he?
Old 20 May 2013, 11:15 (Ref:3250451)   #264
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I think that both Rosberg and Hamilton have both done their fair share of holding up the traffic and dropping back down the field, this season. Having said that, Hamilton should easily come out of this as the better driver of the two, shouldn't he?
Looking good for him so far.

http://www.pitpass.com/src/seasons/2.../supergrid.php
Old 20 May 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3250484)   #265
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
The worrying thing for Mercedes coming out of Barcelona is not so much that the cars went backwards during the race but more that they don't seem to know why.
Old 20 May 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3250501)   #266
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
He has also managed to score more points, but neither of them tell the whole story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
The worrying thing for Mercedes coming out of Barcelona is not so much that the cars went backwards during the race but more that they don't seem to know why.
And it's not just a matter of the tyres 'not working' because its quite clear that sometimes they do work and not when you would expect them to.
Old 20 May 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3250693)   #267
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
S'up.

Old 21 May 2013, 10:26 (Ref:3251030)   #268
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
S'up.

Mind you, we'd all look like that if we had to drive it on those tyres!
Old 24 May 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3252830)   #269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
oh yeeersh.
Old 25 May 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3253054)   #270
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Rosberg is really showing well against Hamilton. Three poles on the bounce, beating a man everyone agrees is very fast over a single lap. Maybe his light has been under a bushel after all.
Old 25 May 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3253142)   #271
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Congrats to Nico, let's see what happens tomorrow.
Old 25 May 2013, 21:04 (Ref:3253182)   #272
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Nico, too. He seems favourite but Hamilton wants to have his day...
Old 26 May 2013, 06:51 (Ref:3253278)   #273
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I really hope they 1-2 in any order as long as they don't crash or make a mistake racing eachother.
Old 26 May 2013, 10:06 (Ref:3253327)   #274
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Rosberg is really showing well against Hamilton. Three poles on the bounce, beating a man everyone agrees is very fast over a single lap. Maybe his light has been under a bushel after all.
Indeed, he has been absolutely excellent.

Hamilton doesn't seem completely comfortable in the car, but Nico is still showing incredible qualifying pace.
Old 26 May 2013, 14:20 (Ref:3253438)   #275
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Lewis, Nico is faster than you ... much faster