Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2013, 00:50 (Ref:3213881)   #101
luke g28
Racer

luke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridluke g28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I think having spent a few seasons learning from the old guy, Nico might rise to the challenge that Lewis brings.

The main reason Nico holds an advantage this season is being established with the team - it almost always takes a new boy a while to settle in. Although ultimately (i.e. from next season) I would expect Lewis to be coming out ahead.
I think lewis has already shown that coming in to a new team against an established name wont hold him back
Old 4 Mar 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3214119)   #102
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
I think having spent a few seasons learning from the old guy, Nico might rise to the challenge that Lewis brings.
cant have a much better apprenticeship than that! and MS plays favorites as well, or at least it seemed that way during his first retirement with his support of Massa. if he is around the paddock at all this season i expect it to be unsettling for LH...but really that is just another layer to an already intriguing pairing.

the season, and particularly this team mate battle, cant start soon enough for me.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 16:27 (Ref:3214128)   #103
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do all of you see the recommendation for the book by Dr. Gary and Barbara Rosberg at the bottom?
Old 4 Mar 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3214137)   #104
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke g28 View Post
I think lewis has already shown that coming in to a new team against an established name wont hold him back
It'll probably hold him back less than some, but there will still be little things he'll only get familiar with as the season progresses. Nothing weird in that, just the way it is for anyone in a new job.

I'm sure people will forget when the excitement hits, this season is really just one of settling in and getting to know the team, with very little expectation on the car being significantly different to last year. It's next season with a brand new car when the serious stuff starts.
Old 4 Mar 2013, 19:09 (Ref:3214190)   #105
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Expect Hamilton to be sat on Nico's tail for the first few races IMO. Nico seems really up for this and, to be honest, he needed a new challenge. He was looking slightly stale last season.
Old 5 Mar 2013, 15:38 (Ref:3214592)   #106
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
cant have a much better apprenticeship than that! and MS plays favorites as well, or at least it seemed that way during his first retirement with his support of Massa. if he is around the paddock at all this season i expect it to be unsettling for LH...but really that is just another layer to an already intriguing pairing.

the season, and particularly this team mate battle, cant start soon enough for me.
I didn't notice anything inparticular during their 3 seasons together that suggested Schuey and Britney had any great affinity for each other, but you are right he does like to stir things up a bit and I'm not sure he's that keen on Hamilton so may look to favour the perceived underdog even if Nico does have the familiarity factor already.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 04:07 (Ref:3215371)   #107
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really wonder if LH will have learned to be less aggressive and more patient this season. His aggression has got him into trouble so many times. No doubt he is a good enough driver to be aggressive, but it has gotten him nowhere on many occasions.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 16:28 (Ref:3215612)   #108
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agreed, you just couldn't stop him crashing last season.
Old 7 Mar 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3215673)   #109
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete View Post
I really wonder if LH will have learned to be less aggressive and more patient this season. His aggression has got him into trouble so many times. No doubt he is a good enough driver to be aggressive, but it has gotten him nowhere on many occasions.
Hey, 2010 rang, they want their driver back.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 8 Mar 2013, 18:09 (Ref:3216070)   #110
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Not sure. Should be interesting. But if the car is good, Rosberg is good.
Agreed. Rosberg has always been underrated, imo. Some expected MS to blow him away as well. I reckon he will be the steadier of the two but their respective speeds should be close. If the car isn't great I expect Lewis will wring out more performance than his teammate.
Old 10 Mar 2013, 17:51 (Ref:3216704)   #111
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
Agreed. Rosberg has always been underrated, imo. Some expected MS to blow him away as well. I reckon he will be the steadier of the two but their respective speeds should be close. If the car isn't great I expect Lewis will wring out more performance than his teammate.
I agree, if the car is good I think it will be alot closer than expected , but if the car is not so good Lewis will wring it`s neck !
Old 10 Mar 2013, 23:36 (Ref:3216824)   #112
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
He equalled Rosberg in the first season, and utqualified him in the third season. Supergrid in 2012 was 8.95 Schumacher, 9.35 Rosberg, despite Schumacher having several technical problems in qualifying with the DRS system.

2013 = time to see how Hamilton; "fastest driver in f1" stacks up against Rosberg "a good no 2 journeyman driver".

Let the games begin, it should be a fascinating contest, can't wait.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 01:22 (Ref:3217300)   #113
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
He equalled Rosberg in the first season, and utqualified him in the third season. Supergrid in 2012 was 8.95 Schumacher, 9.35 Rosberg, despite Schumacher having several technical problems in qualifying with the DRS system.

2013 = time to see how Hamilton; "fastest driver in f1" stacks up against Rosberg "a good no 2 journeyman driver".

Let the games begin, it should be a fascinating contest, can't wait.
let's get on with it !
Old 12 Mar 2013, 12:15 (Ref:3217440)   #114
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Almost there...
Old 12 Mar 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3217484)   #115
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
As I posted when Hamilton's move to Merrcedes was first announced, this will lead to all manner of conclusions.
How good Schumacher really was. If Rosberg is any good or not. How good Hamilton really is and how good/bad Mclaren/Mercedes cars are. These are the most obvious, but I'm sure other more obtuse conclusions will be argued about too as the season progresses, based on the evidence of qualifying & racing results.
Oh well, only a few more days to go before we have any real 'data' to base our own conclusions on.
Bring it on!
Old 15 Mar 2013, 09:11 (Ref:3218767)   #116
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
In P1 Lewis posted faster times than Nico, and in P2 he was in the process of setting a time roughly identical to Vettel's session-leading time up until he went off (in fairness to Lewis, lots of folks had offs, including Nico as I recall) and was unable to set any times after that. I was hoping he was going to get one more good one in up to the point where the cars evidently failed again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Agreed, you just couldn't stop him crashing last season.
You must be referring to 2011, because he did much better in 2012. In 2012 he was hit a few times, rather than being the one hitting, and his other DNFs were mechanical.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:48 (Ref:3219159)   #117
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
As I posted when Hamilton's move to Merrcedes was first announced, this will lead to all manner of conclusions.
How good Schumacher really was. If Rosberg is any good or not. How good Hamilton really is and how good/bad Mclaren/Mercedes cars are. These are the most obvious, but I'm sure other more obtuse conclusions will be argued about too as the season progresses, based on the evidence of qualifying & racing results.
Oh well, only a few more days to go before we have any real 'data' to base our own conclusions on.
Bring it on!
Schumacher is a stunning driver, one of the best ever. It's just that his record, relative to other great drivers, flatters him.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 06:14 (Ref:3219204)   #118
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
In P1 Lewis posted faster times than Nico, and in P2 he was in the process of setting a time roughly identical to Vettel's session-leading time up until he went off (in fairness to Lewis, lots of folks had offs, including Nico as I recall) and was unable to set any times after that. I was hoping he was going to get one more good one in up to the point where the cars evidently failed again.

You must be referring to 2011, because he did much better in 2012. In 2012 he was hit a few times, rather than being the one hitting, and his other DNFs were mechanical.
I know. He has had one bad season of hitting things and that's it. And in 2011 he was awful at every aspect of driving for a period of time.

I just can't be bothered fighting this odd perception that he crashes constantly. Hell, he made zero errors in 2012 pretty much.
Old 16 Mar 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3219366)   #119
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I know. He has had one bad season of hitting things and that's it. And in 2011 he was awful at every aspect of driving for a period of time.

I just can't be bothered fighting this odd perception that he crashes constantly. Hell, he made zero errors in 2012 pretty much.
One third of the first qaully session of the year and he tried to knock the wall down. Bodes well
Old 16 Mar 2013, 11:56 (Ref:3219393)   #120
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
One third of the first qaully session of the year and he tried to knock the wall down. Bodes well
I was going to say something but i couldn't be bothered
Old 17 Mar 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3219934)   #121
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Round 1 to Hamilton, but Rosberg was pretty much on his pace wasn't he? I wasn't watching the live sector timing for once, but it looked like Rosberg stayed level with Hammo throughout the entire middle stint 3.5secs behind him. Wasn't catching, but wasn't losing. And if he'd stayed in the race perhaps he would have closed in when Hammo started whinging about tyres.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 12:53 (Ref:3219984)   #122
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I heard no whingeing whatsoever. Are you hearing things son?

I felt Rosberg probably had the upper hand slightly in pace over the weekend, but Hamilton had the better qualifying result. The gap was pretty much constant all race. They had the same strategy, which I felt was worth seeing if it worked. It became clear it wouldn't about halfway, but I don't think it affected the final position.

Solid start for Hamilton anyways, as you'd expect. He has already achieved more at Mercedes than Michael did in three years.

I suspect the reliability will distort the picture this season in the driver battle at Mercedes.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 13:49 (Ref:3220002)   #123
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Roll on round two, too early to say anything.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 17:07 (Ref:3220106)   #124
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Roll on round two, too early to say anything.
Yes, that.

Mind you I really fo think that whilst it would be daft not to expect it to be close 'ish' for the first few rounds, Lewis will draw further and further ahead as the season goes on. For him to come in and be that good with the car straight off, shows what a class driver he is!

How calm and sensible he was as well. The Alonso 'I'm gonna outbrake you for the love of it' moment aside, he kept his nose clean and always had his eyes on getting to the finish with as many points as possible.
Old 17 Mar 2013, 18:04 (Ref:3220137)   #125
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I also think it is too early , but over the whole weekend i think it was pretty even . Lewis qualified better but if it had stayed wet i think it could have easily been the other way round , Nico was rapid in Q1 .