Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 9 Nov 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1148384)   #1
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Team Lotus

After the success of the Team Lotus 50th anniversary celebrations at Hethel in July, I have finished this 30x20in acrylic painting entitled 'Team Lotus 50' which has been commissioned to commemorate the forthcoming Classic Team Lotus 50th event at Motegi in Japan. I thought you might like to see it!

Despite awful weather at Hethel, over 10,000 people turned out to see the demonstrations of over 20 Lotus F1 cars along with F2, sports, FJ etc. A further 20 or so racing cars were on static display with many more road going Lotus types from the various car clubs. It was reputedly the biggest ever gathering of Lotus competiton cars. Many of the cars in the CTL collection are being shipped over to Japan to participate.
Old 9 Nov 2004, 11:44 (Ref:1148420)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very sweet. Love the background too......
Old 11 Nov 2004, 08:37 (Ref:1150120)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice..very nice
Old 12 Nov 2004, 14:45 (Ref:1151632)   #4
Happy Snapper
Veteran

Grenada
Uplyme, Lyme regis
Happy Snapper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes I agree very nice, went to the LMES race at Nurbergring with a guy who used to be the PR man at Lotus

Last edited by Happy Snapper; 12 Nov 2004 at 14:46.
Old 12 Nov 2004, 23:03 (Ref:1152014)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like how the subtle track backgrounds blend in with the green and yellow, makes all the difference rather than having them all alone out there, but still having a subtle connection of the cars to a bit of track. (that said from looking at this very small reproduction)

and the flying hat makes it complete too doesnt it?

cheers
Old 13 Nov 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1152237)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Does anybody else think that the 18 is the best looking of the lot?
Old 13 Nov 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1152477)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thanks for the kind comments. The 18 in this picture is of course the private Rob Walker entry, not Team Lotus. However the publishers wanted to include one but also feature famous Lotus drivers in the painting - Stirling had to be included and it had to be his most famous Grand Prix victory at Monaco in 1961 in the type 18, when he held off the more powerful Ferraris for 100 laps.
My favourite is the type 33, at bottom left. To me the most beautiful and perfectly proportioned of all 1960s Grand Prix cars.

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 13 Nov 2004 at 15:21.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 02:09 (Ref:1153605)   #8
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Isn't the bottom-right one with the yellow exhausts the one at the Indy 500? I seem to remember a photo of a yellow piped one from indy and me noticing the pipes standing out, or were yellow pipes also used elsewhere?