Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Mar 2016, 08:06 (Ref:3622630)   #126
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The croft highlights are now on YouTube. Doesn't make up for loss of livestream but better than nothing
Old 15 Mar 2016, 20:01 (Ref:3623084)   #127
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might as well mention that Lydden entry already sounds intriguing with SET Promotion bringing 2 or 3 cars for a shakedown. Plus 2 cars from Linneman. Should be an excellent meeting. Now for some WRX supercars to confirm the same...
Old 16 Mar 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3623214)   #128
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not British Championship news, but as Albatec have come up in conversation I thought I would post this here:

http://www.rx-inside.be/2016/03/16/p...uro-rx-charge/

Tommy Rustad confirmed to be driving an Albatec 208 in the European Championship in 2016!
Old 16 Mar 2016, 14:35 (Ref:3623286)   #129
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Forgive the double post, but Stuart Emery confirmed back for Lydden:

http://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/em...ed-peugeot-206
Old 12 Apr 2016, 11:11 (Ref:3632064)   #130
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Forgive the triple post, but I see that the British Championship will now be broadcast on Motors TV:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motors TV International Facebook Page
Motors TV to show 2016 Motor Sports Association (MSA) British Rallycross Championship

Motors TV will expand its wide range of motorsport programming with coverage of the MSA British Rallycross Championship in association with ODYSSEY Battery in 2016.

The High Speed Television Channel, which is available to UK viewers on Sky channel 447 and Virgin Media channel 545, will cover the elite eight-round series with dedicated one-hour highlights programmes, starting with the first event at Croft circuit in Yorkshire.

“I’m delighted that Motors TV will broadcast British Rallycross,” said Championship Manager Tim Whittington. “Among the targets this year was for the MSA British Rallycross Championship to have a quality television product that would get us in front of key audiences, so this helps us achieve that.”

“Motors TV is proud to show the MSA British Rallycross Championship,” Motors TV CEO Jean-Luc Roy continued. “It’s one of the most popular and spectacular championships to feature in the High Speed Television Channel’s line-up this year, and with powerful engines and short, sharp races it’ll certainly get Motors TV viewers geared up for the rest of 2016.”

The opening round from Croft will be shown in the UK on Saturday April 23 at 12:40 BST.
Old 12 Apr 2016, 12:56 (Ref:3632094)   #131
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Forgive the triple post, but I see that the British Championship will now be broadcast on Motors TV:
Handy - now that it's not available on freeview anymore
Old 12 Apr 2016, 21:14 (Ref:3632187)   #132
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its been on Motors before I am afraid, and now that is hardly available on most British stations I fear it might fade away into oblivion.

Motors will take it as the French like rallycross, and the station is totally French.

A shame, but at times it is hardly a spectacle and lets face it there are far sometimes better things to watch. They do try, but you can polish a wotsit!! I would rather watch it on youtube, a far betetr place to have this series in my view.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 21:51 (Ref:3632454)   #133
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It's also on YouTube.
Old 16 Apr 2016, 17:33 (Ref:3633430)   #134
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
A shame, but at times it is hardly a spectacle and lets face it there are far sometimes better things to watch. They do try, but you can polish a wotsit!!
Unbelievable! You must be watching something different from the rest of us!?
Old 16 Apr 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3633467)   #135
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am tlaking abotu British rallycross model man, not anything else!!

It is not the greatest spectacle for me, but of you think otherwise that is your opinion, not mine.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3681429)   #136
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Few last minute entries trickling in for the last round of the Championship and the Rallycross GP; Liam Doran will be at Croft in a DS3 and Tony Bardy is entered in Ollie's Focus.

I wonder what happened to the Guy Martin drive?
Old 20 Oct 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3681551)   #137
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
At least his non appearance will eliminate the presence in the paddock of queues of overexcited children of all ages wanting a selfie with That Bloke Off The Telly....
Old 20 Oct 2016, 06:51 (Ref:3681557)   #138
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
You really think there will be ever be queues at this meeting? Seriously Guy is a fella that always bite off more than he can chew, so is probably double or triple booked and I think picks a bunch of things he would like to do, then drops the ones that he wants to do least!!
Old 21 Oct 2016, 06:13 (Ref:3681721)   #139
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
People act in strange ways when confronted by somebody off the telly . Any road , Grimsby's finest there or not I shall be there on sunday.
Old 21 Oct 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3681764)   #140
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Just seen that Mike Howlin has his Fiesta up for sale:

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/c...S-CAR-RWD.html

I wonder if he is planning to replace it?
Old 21 Oct 2016, 18:56 (Ref:3681810)   #141
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Just seen that Mike Howlin has his Fiesta up for sale:

https://www.motorsportauctions.com/c...S-CAR-RWD.html

I wonder if he is planning to replace it?
It's been up for sale before hasn't it? Hopefully Mike isn't quitting the sport.
Old 21 Oct 2016, 23:01 (Ref:3681823)   #142
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I would guess the suppliers of rear bumpers the sport over would hope not.
Old 23 Oct 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3682021)   #143
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I would guess the suppliers of rear bumpers the sport over would hope not.