Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 May 2003, 13:58 (Ref:596944)   #26
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If anyone is interested you could hire a 52 seat coach from london to Le Mans for under £2000 that is less than £40 a head! And what are MRI/P&M et'al charging!!!
Old 12 May 2003, 14:28 (Ref:596965)   #27
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting point. Is that a confirmed price from someone you know including ferry crossing, parking at the track etc etc. I suppose the other question would be could you get 52 people together to cover the cost and if you did so, would you have to get licensed/insured as a tour operator.

That being said, I nearly bought a coach last year just for Le Mans trips. It had been converted to 15 seats and 15 bunk beds.
Old 12 May 2003, 14:37 (Ref:596973)   #28
Cynic
Veteran

England
Somwhere Near Reading.UK
Cynic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If anyone is interested you could hire a 52 seat coach from london to Le Mans for under £2000 that is less than £40 a head! And what are MRI/P&M et'al charging!!!
So we're probably being ripped off. Tell me something I don't know. Maybe the trick is to club together and try for a group discount when we all start planning for 2004.
Old 12 May 2003, 14:40 (Ref:596979)   #29
rlinter
Racer

rlinter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I can source a coach from london for next year for around £2000 but to get it for £40 a head it would have to be full.
Old 14 May 2003, 11:56 (Ref:598650)   #30
the_fury
Rookie

the_fury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's what I meant to ask, how soon after the finish do the (Page & Moy) coaches leave? do we still have time to go onto the track and all that?
Old 14 May 2003, 12:53 (Ref:598701)   #31
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Don't know the precise time they leave, (I think it might be about 5.30pm), but last year there was plenty of time to get on to the track and see the presentations.

Or have a last beer, or get your Bentley 2003 t-shirt, or have a quick wash etc!
Old 14 May 2003, 16:15 (Ref:598909)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The MRI coaches usually leave around the 5.30 mark.
Old 14 May 2003, 18:12 (Ref:598985)   #33
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
We leaved at 5.00pm last year, would image it would be around the same time this year.
Old 15 May 2003, 08:17 (Ref:599471)   #34
rigbyed
Rookie

rigbyed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I haven't posted for ages, I've need to get permission to go as I will be missing school But once I have that I'll have it booked with MRI, and if I don't get permission well I'll still be going!
Old 16 May 2003, 13:00 (Ref:600916)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by rigbyed
....and if I don't get permission well I'll still be going!
That's the spirit, mate - got to get your priorities right!
Old 29 May 2003, 10:43 (Ref:613338)   #36
rigbyed
Rookie

I'm ready to book and I am going with IGT from Portsmouth on the Friday. Anybody else?
Old 29 May 2003, 12:11 (Ref:613442)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
You say you're "ready to book"? With two weeks to go, I would have thought you ought to do it p.d.q.!!

I'm off on the Thursday afternoon.
Old 3 Jun 2003, 20:13 (Ref:619618)   #38
rigbyed
Rookie

What should I take? I don't want to under pack neither over pack1
Old 3 Jun 2003, 21:50 (Ref:619722)   #39
skid marques
Rookie

skid marques should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've done a couple of coach trips, one with Page and Moy that didn't suffer any problems. The other one was even better, due in part to a "media celeb" broadcaster who was acting as courier. (I'd better be careful so he can't be identified, for evident legal reasons). He was due to be broadcasting for his terrestrial sports programme (his channel's sports director, no less), but he was in for a severe ribbing. The previous week he'd made front page headlines in the "News of the World" because of his extra-marital activities that had caused his wife some annoyance. The guy had paid to have a Spanking from a lady in Mayfair, and our courier friend had paid by VISA. He left the payment slip in his jacket, then the next day asked his wife to take his jacket to the cleaners. Needless to say she emptied his pockets before going to Sketchleys and found the offending piece of paper. She then decided to take HIM to the cleaners, instead.
Most people would have died of shame, but to give him credit he didn't bat an eyelid when we teased him on the subject. Come to think about it, he probably enjoyed the humiliation in some kinky way...
Old 4 Jun 2003, 06:59 (Ref:620072)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by rigbyed
What should I take? I don't want to under pack neither over pack1

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet rigbyed, but this might help.....

http://www.aysedasi.btinternet.co.uk/2002/checklist.htm
Old 4 Jun 2003, 07:06 (Ref:620079)   #41
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone else travling with MRI recived there travel instrustions yet - I have still not got mine, I start to get a little worry, but knowing our post system it might turn up between now and never.......
Old 4 Jun 2003, 07:07 (Ref:620080)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's pretty late Rob, but I remember them arriving quite late the times I've been with them. Have you given them a call to check?
Old 4 Jun 2003, 07:10 (Ref:620086)   #43
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well it says in there stuff that things should arrive about 10 days before - well I make it 9, if there is nothing here by tomorrow then I will give them a ring.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 07:11 (Ref:620087)   #44
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Sensible. I've always found them reliable enough. I'm sure you'll be fine Rob.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 09:05 (Ref:620156)   #45
rigbyed
Rookie

thanks Aysedasi your site wa`s really helpful, see u there.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 18:40 (Ref:620915)   #46
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I spoke too soon - Still not had any information through the post, but I have had a phone call from MRI today - they rang to say I was the only person being picked up from Leeds, so I would I mine being picked up from Sheffield instead - So I am leaving from Sheffield at 13.30 on Friday the 13th. Panic over, my travel documents will be in the post tonight......
Old 5 Jun 2003, 05:34 (Ref:621410)   #47
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rdjones
I spoke too soon - Still not had any information through the post, but I have had a phone call from MRI today - they rang to say I was the only person being picked up from Leeds, so I would I mine being picked up from Sheffield instead - So I am leaving from Sheffield at 13.30 on Friday the 13th. Panic over, my travel documents will be in the post tonight......
Leeds, Sheffield : very exotic for me ! Well, I wish you a good trip across the beautiful green England !
Old 5 Jun 2003, 06:05 (Ref:621428)   #48
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, beautiful green England, but just wait til we get to beautiful green France......
Old 5 Jun 2003, 07:16 (Ref:621465)   #49
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Fab
Leeds, Sheffield : very exotic for me ! ;
Leeds - 1 of my least favourite places in the whole world

Sheffield - Now that's a different story, my favorite city I love that place, but I did go to university there
Old 5 Jun 2003, 10:28 (Ref:621587)   #50
Try Hard
Veteran

China
Taicang
Try Hard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Right got all my info through form Page and moy, I'll be leaving from London village 9pm almost a week today, its gonna get hectic next week, with finishing exams , moving my stuff out of my uni home, and then getting ready. gonna be justas fun when i move to sheffield for my job next year (knew there was a vgue point somewhere here).
Cya guys at Le mans, can't wait