Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Apr 2012, 02:48 (Ref:3063414)   #1176
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Quite funny that you're okay with the self proclaimed "new to motorsport" NZSTfan calling, in his expert opionion the new NZV8 a piece of ***... but as soon as someone from the other side of the fence brings up issues that would appear to be fairly significant, they suffer from bad sportmanship?

I think the one thing it does show, is that the view looks different depending on whose bottom you have your nose up (and from the looks of things, you're ears deep).
i'm surpised fan has posted on knight's facebook.. calling him disrespectful for posting similar photos on his own page
Old 22 Apr 2012, 02:55 (Ref:3063417)   #1177
Ugy
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Ugy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Back on topic please, this is an interesting thread, just a shame a couple of pit *****es seem to be spoiling it.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 03:02 (Ref:3063419)   #1178
Biggy G
Veteran

Biggy G should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some "interesting" racing in the second race, haha.

With Simon Evans moving off t ST's now, I wonder who has the second seat at Inky's team for next year, and if there will be a 2-car Short Team with Geoff and Martin next season, anyone hearing any rumours on drivers/teams etc?
Old 22 Apr 2012, 03:41 (Ref:3063423)   #1179
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chappelli View Post
Quite funny that you're okay with the self proclaimed "new to motorsport" NZSTfan calling, in his expert opionion the new NZV8 a piece of ***... but as soon as someone from the other side of the fence brings up issues that would appear to be fairly significant, they suffer from bad sportmanship?

I think the one thing it does show, is that the view looks different depending on whose bottom you have your nose up (and from the looks of things, you're ears deep).
You seemed to have lost your composure.

Your last comment is outside the rules of this site and I take exception to your insulting behavior. If I were you I would look out your front window about now, you'll most probably see WOOLLEY coming up your driveway.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 04:03 (Ref:3063432)   #1180
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
You seemed to have lost your composure..
Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Your last comment is outside the rules of this site and I take exception to your insulting behavior. If I were you I would look out your front window about now, you'll most probably see WOOLLEY coming up your driveway.
Apologies if you took offence.. I shall return to "splitting hairs" and being "not even worth a reply".
Old 22 Apr 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3063438)   #1181
CDM
Racer

CDM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
And Promax, showing Andy Knights car blowing up is not evidence that the new cars are crap......your just clutching at straws, as usual. Its also disrespectful to him and his team and families who have been through hell over the last 18 months trying to rebuild a family business and start a new competitive race team while Chch gets turned on its head. He was nearly in tears at Ruapuna after this had happened. Show some respect ya troll.
wtf? Are you serious???

Ive seen that car blowing up on every single V8ST TV advert I have been subjected to this weekend!! So i presume that you think the V8ST managment or media folk are very disrespectful as well.....
Old 22 Apr 2012, 09:38 (Ref:3063522)   #1182
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Let's stop the bl**dy quibbling and sniping and stick to the flamin' topic!

The NZV8's had some interesting moments today, Foggy was a man possessed! But overcooked things a bit at the end, hopefully he was not too disappointed with 2nd, the rest of the field were a long way off the front two.

I really really don't like that circuit though, good riddance Hamilton and bring on a venue where we can see more than 100m without the need for a big screen!
Old 22 Apr 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3063904)   #1183
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
zero points for me...

Unique racing format to launch at ITM 400
Old 22 Apr 2012, 23:09 (Ref:3063922)   #1184
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Odd, I didn't see it. Did anyone else??
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:17 (Ref:3063950)   #1185
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nah i didn't see it either....weird, kinda looks like those shrunken Aussie race cars.

And on another note, i'm done with all the *****ing and moaning. Everytime i post something i get ripped to pieces, which i am sick of. And btw i am not a mushroom farmer, and i'm not self proclaimed 'expert' as chappeli puts it. I just comment on what i saw on the weekend - which was a car made from matchsticks and held together with wattle and daub.

So, lets mooooove on.....
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3063956)   #1186
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Nah i didn't see it either....weird, kinda looks like those shrunken Aussie race cars.

And on another note, i'm done with all the *****ing and moaning. Everytime i post something i get ripped to pieces, which i am sick of. And btw i am not a mushroom farmer, and i'm not self proclaimed 'expert' as chappeli puts it. I just comment on what i saw on the weekend - which was a car made from matchsticks and held together with wattle and daub.

So, lets mooooove on.....
So what experience or Qualifications do you have that convinces you that you can not only form an opinion on the quality of the build, but voice it from behind a nickname with authority that we should believe the quaility is poor.

For the record, I dont recall ever derising the ST program, it just doesnt tick enough boxes for me.
I am a V8 fan, and Ford fan and a motorsport fan.
The ST concept ticks two of those boxes, it just doesnt tick the Ford box for me.
They are basically faster and better sounding Suzuki Swifts.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:44 (Ref:3063959)   #1187
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
The ST concept ticks two of those boxes, it just doesnt tick the Ford box for me.
I'm a Ford fan too, but I still like the ST's - the trouble is, either you go for parity of performance or you don't, with Touring Car classes is it about the driver or is it about the technology? I don't really know to be honest, but the V8SC (for instance) have not been about who has the best technology, it's been about trying to get both brands handling and performing the same.

I wonder if you lifted the restrictions on engine mapping and chassis dynamics who would end up with the faster package? I guess probably the manufacturer (and/or team) prepared to spend the most money.

It's a hard call and I see where you're coming from, but if you drill down into most of these types of classes (apart from club racing) you will generally find they have tried to iron out almost all performance differences to make it down to driver and team skill.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 00:50 (Ref:3063962)   #1188
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post
So what experience or Qualifications do you have that convinces you that you can not only form an opinion on the quality of the build, but voice it from behind a nickname with authority that we should believe the quaility is poor.

For the record, I dont recall ever derising the ST program, it just doesnt tick enough boxes for me.
Its like i said above BlueBlood, i just commented on what i saw. And i'm too tired from the weekend in the Tron to argue with you as this will jsut go round and round, and i'm over that. But i will say that a half blind monkey could tell the difference in build quality between the two categories - so no quals required in this instance, just two functioning eyes.

I like your logic btw on how you choose which category you support. I have much the same boxes to tick other than the ford/holden thing as that has never done anything for me.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:08 (Ref:3064002)   #1189
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
interesting pic
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3064005)   #1190
Biggy G
Veteran

The two commodores the one's Inky has bought?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:16 (Ref:3064006)   #1191
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
i was looking at the super t next to the fg
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:20 (Ref:3064008)   #1192
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
I spy with my little eye one of those Super T12 thingies...

Does anyone know what they are powered by?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:26 (Ref:3064009)   #1193
Biggy G
Veteran

Sorry, thought the thread was about the NZV8's :P

The thing obviously wans't working over the weekend, took it to the MRX to try and get it running?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:32 (Ref:3064011)   #1194
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
oh gawd.. you're not going to post about having hurt feelings and leaving this thread (more than once) too?

btw there are NZV8s in that pic.. so it's ot for this thread
Old 23 Apr 2012, 04:43 (Ref:3064013)   #1195
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
Intersting pic Promax, the VE commy in that pic was the one at the ITM 400 this weekend, as well as FG01 of course..

Crazy little cars those super 12 things
Old 23 Apr 2012, 06:29 (Ref:3064032)   #1196
Fairlane GTA
Rookie

New Zealand
Parnell
Fairlane GTA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Super T12 has a Hayabusa engine.
Old 23 Apr 2012, 08:14 (Ref:3064070)   #1197
Biggy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
oh gawd.. you're not going to post about having hurt feelings and leaving this thread (more than once) too?

btw there are NZV8s in that pic.. so it's ot for this thread

Take more than that to hurt my feelings Promax, hence the :P . It's just a wee old internet forum at the end of the day isn't it

Are MRX the only ones building the chassis? Only 6 or so months now until the NZV8s Next Gen car is to take to the grid, thought we might have heard/seen some more commitments over the 400 weekend? Short, Ross, Richards, Edgell, thought we would've heard something from them?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 08:20 (Ref:3064073)   #1198
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
Take more than that to hurt my feelings Promax, hence the :P . It's just a wee old internet forum at the end of the day isn't it

Are MRX the only ones building the chassis? Only 6 or so months now until the NZV8s Next Gen car is to take to the grid, thought we might have heard/seen some more commitments over the 400 weekend? Short, Ross, Richards, Edgell, thought we would've heard something from them?
I thought Edgell was moving to ST's?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 08:22 (Ref:3064074)   #1199
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane GTA View Post
Super T12 has a Hayabusa engine.
Ah, so they're like those Little Aussie Racers or Star Touring Cars then.

Can't see them taking off over here, the others didn't and were a very similar concept. Mind you, marketing can go a long way, eh?
Old 23 Apr 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3064077)   #1200
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggy G View Post
you really think there would be an announcement from tmc at the biggest meeting of the year? you give them too much credit