Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Mar 2014, 15:10 (Ref:3386086)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Time for Multi888-1??

Same sponsor..
Same class of the field..

Taking points from one another by playing for keeps...

Story Here

Mr Dane was reported to have taken Mr Whincup and Mr Lowndes to the team truck, alone, to have a chat

One wag in the press asked at the drivers media conference after the 2nd race of the day if there was any 'yelling' in that conversation

The response was a deflective and unconvincing 'no' as each of old bull and young bull looked unimpressed with proceedings

Will they move past this? Or will it merely accelerate the departure of one or the other. Or is it a storm in a Red Bull can?

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Mar 2014, 18:13 (Ref:3386146)   #2
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will they move past this? Or will it merely accelerate the departure of one or the other. Or is it a storm in a Red Bull can?
Storm in a Red Bull can, its not the first time teammates have run into eachother...

..It was abit pathetic how the TV coverage tried to make a soap opera out of it all...

The on-track product was quite tasty today, i'm not sure why they needed to cheapen it by getting amongst the sort of 'gossiping' and 'argument-hunting' that went on amongst the commentators in respect to the Whincup/Lowndes collision in between races... it was quite sad i thought.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 22:44 (Ref:3386269)   #3
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"They’re not meant to do that and they won’t be doing it again.”
says the headmaster
I'm sure Roland gave them both 2 of the best and sent them back to class.
I'd better clarify that for younger readers! That's the cane btw, delivered across the palm of the hand, in years gone by.
Brutal, yet effective, in making a point about behavioral matters.
........Fair dinkum...... I think the soap opera comment is on the money.
Old 29 Mar 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3386278)   #4
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Lowndes may be on a bit of a hiding to nothing here tho. Having Jamie's former engineer as the team manager. Dutton was very quick to aportion blame to Lowndes in the incident 'It looks like Lowndes turned in on Jamie' for an incident that was 50-50 at best. Yes I think Lowndes turned in on Jamie, I also think Jamie was going to really struggle to make the corner if Lowndes didn't turn in.

I discussed this in the Frosty thread last year, people have got to start doing this to Jamie to stop his 'dive bombs' where the other drive has to get out of the way to avoid an accident. Pity it didn't break an upright on Whincups car.

These 3 guys running into each other constantly will be the oly way one of them doesn't win the championship this year.
Old 31 Mar 2014, 06:23 (Ref:3386936)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They made it pretty boring with there domination - I hope they hit each other more in the future, preferably taking each other out!
Old 31 Mar 2014, 11:09 (Ref:3387011)   #6
Bugger All
Racer

Australia
32 DME to the west Left Fl 210
Bugger All should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't suggest for a moment it was the intention of the incident but BOY oh BOY did it get 888 and Redbull some TV time!!! Think they got their sponsor$$$ worth out of that incident and all the coverage it got!!
Old 31 Mar 2014, 23:23 (Ref:3387237)   #7
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But they get that coverage anyway.
They don't need to take each other out to do this.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 05:01 (Ref:3387276)   #8
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
They don't need to take each other out to do this.
Do they?

How much coverage did Lowndes get in the third heat on Sunday?
Old 1 Apr 2014, 05:37 (Ref:3387281)   #9
greenracer
Racer

Australia
greenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgreenracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That may have been the incident that Whincup will bloody regret, for in future tight situations between the two them, as Lowndes will not cut him any slack after the dive bomb. I can understand that sort move in last race of season with a championship hanging in the balance but NOT the fifth race of a long very season. Or was that the intention to cut Lowndes' already handy lead down?If you watch the replay two actions were involved the initial hit which Lowndes controlled BUT the second hit did the damage and put him off. And before someone says they locked wheels before the second hit that didn't happen. As someone has already said Whincup would not have made the corner without the help from someone to lean on.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 10:06 (Ref:3387365)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Be great if neither of them win the championship this year!
Old 1 Apr 2014, 10:27 (Ref:3387369)   #11
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Find your anti-Triple Eight remarks amusing, given your obvious adoration of 5-time consecutive 500cc MotoGP champion Mick Doohan.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 02:34 (Ref:3387663)   #12
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracer View Post
That may have been the incident that Whincup will bloody regret, for in future tight situations between the two them, as Lowndes will not cut him any slack after the dive bomb. I can understand that sort move in last race of season with a championship hanging in the balance but NOT the fifth race of a long very season. Or was that the intention to cut Lowndes' already handy lead down?If you watch the replay two actions were involved the initial hit which Lowndes controlled BUT the second hit did the damage and put him off. And before someone says they locked wheels before the second hit that didn't happen. As someone has already said Whincup would not have made the corner without the help from someone to lean on.
Totally disagree with you there. The move was on, JW had it past the B-pillar, didn't look out of control - Lowndes turned in. The first hit caused the instability for Jamie and led to the second hit.

Was a racing incident, but no way was that a dive bomb. Greater share of blame definitely going to CL.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 07:20 (Ref:3387709)   #13
one five five
Veteran

Hopefully the gossiping from the TV crew, originating from the Red Bull racing incident, doesn't continue into this weekend and they find some proper stories to talk about

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Totally disagree with you there. The move was on, JW had it past the B-pillar, didn't look out of control - Lowndes turned in. The first hit caused the instability for Jamie and led to the second hit.

Was a racing incident, but no way was that a dive bomb. Greater share of blame definitely going to CL.
I agree completely
Old 2 Apr 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3387738)   #14
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Be great if neither of them win the championship this year!

I care nothing for Whincup but would love to see Lowndes win another championship regardless of which team he's with, it's been too long between drinks