Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 8 Nov 2009, 19:39 (Ref:2578391)   #1
racedriver
Rookie

racedriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rolling Bodyshell Donation.

Not sure if this is the right place to make this offer, however I've sent an email to three contact email addresses stated in the Marshalls Association for the UK and had no response from there.

I'm wanting to offer the naked rolling MG Midget bodyshell complete with full welded in roll cage with a seat installed to a local Marshalls club to be used for training purposes. The bodyshell is beyond reasonable economic repair and so would only be cut up and scrapped. I'm afraid I'm sentimental old sod and as I've had the car for 25 years and of which it has spent the last 20 years on the race circuits around the UK and Europe I simply can't see it being cut up and scrapped.

The car was involved in a multiple roll at the exit of Sear at the last CSCC meeting at Snetterton, the driver (not me) was treated at the scene and then taken to the medical centre where he was held for a few hours whilst his regained some semblance of memory. He recounts the treatment by the Marshalls as superb but doesn't remember much else.

If it can have a use for driver extraction training or similar than I'd be really happy that it's usefulness hasn't come to an end.

I fully realise that without trained Marshalls then we drivers wouldn't be able to do what we enjoy doing.

The bodyshell is currently near Holmfirth and within reason I'd be happy to trailer it to a relevant club place.

If anyone is interested then please send me a PM on here and we can then take it further.

Thanks in anticipation.

Andrew
Old 8 Nov 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2578406)   #2
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the kind offer and this would be very helpful I'm sure for the ongoing training programmes for marshals.

I have sent you a PM!

Terry
Old 8 Nov 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2578426)   #3
racedriver
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the kind offer and this would be very helpful I'm sure for the ongoing training programmes for marshals.

I have sent you a PM!

Terry
Thanks to all who have responded by PM, Terry's was the first one through and fittingly it will return to Snetterton where it ended it's 20 year race history to hopefully start a few years of service as a training unit.

Terry was part of the team that helped us through the incident and opened my eyes to another side of our sport so thank you for that also, I know where my motorsport activity will be once I've hung the helmet up.

Andrew
Old 15 Nov 2009, 08:45 (Ref:2582204)   #4
racedriver
Rookie

Well the car is stripped of all the stuff we want to keep for possible reuse later, so it's now ready to start it's new life.

Let me know when and how you want to take possession of it please.

We've bought a completely prepared race Midget to replace mine, so all we need to do now is get that one back home and strip it down and rebuild it so we get familiar with it.

Andrew
Old 15 Nov 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2582304)   #5
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the update - have sent you a PM regarding this.

Great news re the new Midget looking forward to seeing it completing next season!

Best wishes,

Terry
Old 15 Nov 2009, 15:09 (Ref:2582305)   #6
racedriver
Rookie

Just come in from the garage and about to reply to your PM.

Thanks Terry

Andrew
Old 13 Feb 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2632746)   #7
racedriver
Rookie

Just wondering how the training day went, I assume no news is/was good news.

Would love to hear of any news or see any pics from teh January 31st Training day at Snetterton.

Andrew