Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 27 Nov 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2590434)   #76
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerryc View Post
Although not unexpected, it is still depressing that someone who knows (JP) confirms what a lot of us thought, i.e. Donington is not going to be fit for racing in 2010, even if someone comes up with the money!
So where can I find JP's quotes then?

Jim
Old 27 Nov 2009, 22:47 (Ref:2590454)   #77
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find that very very saddening if the Donington Collection has fallen into the hands of the administrators. Another reason why we should hope that someone steps in quickly to take control of the whole mess.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 00:01 (Ref:2590493)   #78
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW View Post
So where can I find JP's quotes then?

Jim
This week's Motorsport News.....and probably Autosport, BBC, etc.....
(tho I've just had a look on the Autosport site and can't find it mentioned, or on the Beeb site...)
Old 28 Nov 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2590678)   #79
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Tom and family are not stupid I don't buy this as they would have moved them out weeks ago if they were in danger of being snatched, this wont happen. I once broke into my own premisis to get back a lease document after I was swindled out of my garage in the 70's I challenged my 'partners' to go to the police and get me nicked, did they? Did they heck as like!
Old 28 Nov 2009, 11:34 (Ref:2590702)   #80
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If the cars are owned by the Wheatcrofts (either as individuals or as companies) then they cannot be touched by the Administrators or any other creditors.

If the cars form part of the DVLL assets then they can be touched.

It's not complicated, will be documented and is unlikely to have confused the Administrators....
Old 28 Nov 2009, 12:06 (Ref:2590725)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Or can the administrator exercise a lien on the collection?
Old 28 Nov 2009, 12:35 (Ref:2590738)   #82
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Or can the administrator exercise a lien on the collection?
Nope, not if they are not owned by DVLL or any guarantor.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2590751)   #83
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

However if they are on the land when the order is made it may be different.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2590752)   #84
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it a little hard to belive that Gillett would have been entrusted to the keys of Toms collection,he would have sold the lot off to finance his plan's.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 13:48 (Ref:2590766)   #85
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm,

However if they are on the land when the order is made it may be different.
Nope no different.

If I take my TV in to be repaired and the TV shop goes into Administration whilst they have my TV to mend. The Administrators can't claim my TV just because it happens to be there.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2590772)   #86
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I may be going over old ground but some of the cars were only loaned to the museum. So what does that mean?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 28 Nov 2009, 13:57 (Ref:2590774)   #87
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
Nope no different.

If I take my TV in to be repaired and the TV shop goes into Administration whilst they have my TV to mend. The Administrators can't claim my TV just because it happens to be there.
You are correct but they will hang on to it till title prooved.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 14:02 (Ref:2590777)   #88
Piglet
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
You are correct but they will hang on to it till title prooved.
Agreed, but I doubt that it will take the Wheatcrofts or any other owner long to demonstrate ownership.

I don't think Dave455's doom and gloom scenario of the collection being flogged off is likely to come to fruition.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 14:10 (Ref:2590785)   #89
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Um,

How long does it take to prove ownership? Bearing in mind the imperative of the owners to regain their property. I'm not disagreeing with you but I do recall running a business that was in receivership, simply because it owed my company a great deal of money. I have to say the people there were brilliant and indeed my colleagues and I made more effort to make sure the business was sold on so they kept their jobs, than in restoring our property (which we did). That took about three months and only involved around £5m.

I fear the administrators will hold on to anything they can and hang the legality (court cases take a long time) in order to gain as much finance as possible. Who appointed the admins BTW?
Old 28 Nov 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2590787)   #90
Piglet
Veteran

Interestingly, having just looked at Companies House DVLL isn't shown as being in Administration (which is what has always been said about it). It is shown with an R next to it which would indicate receivership. Now whether they were never in Administration and people have been describing it incorrectly or not I don't know - I hadn't checked Companies House previously. It would be a bit quick for the Administrators to have thrown in the towel put it straight into Receivership.

The other interesting things (assuming you're wearing an anorak like me!) is that Donington LL Funding Ltd is also in receivership - probably no surprise. BUT also that there were three other Donington Co's with Registered Offices of Donington Park that were registered on 18/9 and 21/9 2009....presumably the freeholders preparing for a restructuring? Who knows!
Old 28 Nov 2009, 14:32 (Ref:2590792)   #91
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It would be a bit quick for the Administrators to have thrown in the towel put it straight into Receivership.
Why would it be quick? I doubt there are any real assets in DVLL so as soon as the receivers/administrators realise this there would be little point in keeping the belief that anything could be sold off.
A company I was made redundant from only lasted around 5 days before it was wound up by administrators and there were quite a lot of assets to be sold in that one.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2590812)   #92
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 455 View Post
The Donington Grand Prix Collection has been closed down today, staff layed off and the collection is in the hands of the administrators.

What a sad day for all!

Just hope you all recently paid a visit before this very sad occasion for all.
Very sad news indeed. Had my one and only visit to Donington and the Collection during the HSCC visit last year. Thank God I took a lot of photos.
May Donington Rest In Peace.
my thoughts go out to all the staff, especially at this time of year.
Old 28 Nov 2009, 15:33 (Ref:2590817)   #93
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Interestingly, having just looked at Companies House DVLL isn't shown as being in Administration (which is what has always been said about it). It is shown with an R next to it which would indicate receivership. Now whether they were never in Administration and people have been describing it incorrectly or not I don't know - I hadn't checked Companies House previously. It would be a bit quick for the Administrators to have thrown in the towel put it straight into Receivership.
Clicking further though, it's status is still "In Administration" with the one set of insolvency details listed.
What the R means is "that the company is live but has a receivership against one or more of its properties."
Old 29 Nov 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2591302)   #94
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
FWIW.

The Cafe was open today.

The Simulators are apparently still goiong to be around but this weekend they were at the NEC or somewhere else for some reason.

The shop was open.

The Collection is closed mainly, is seems, because the redcution on staff levels meanss there is no one to run it and monitor what is taking place as visitors move around.

Had a look at the track. Some of the tyre barriers have been removed and also some sections of armco at the edges of the track. All the places affected would have been areas being prepared for significant development work.

The previously undeveloped part of infield has been greatly remodelled but that is no surprise, though some of the results were unexpected. It's only earth, plus any drainage and so on of course. I didn't see anything much that was espeiclaly negative in what had been done though naturally a few places are prepped for work that has not been carried out.

The track seems to have a few 6ft wide trenches dug across it, mostly backfilled as far as I could tell. The worked seemed to be likely related to improving waste management facilities. How ironic if true considering all the comments about toilet facilities! Most of the trenches are on the Melbourne Loop.

The general feeling of others I spoke to was that it ought to be not so difficult to fix the track, especially if one was not too worried about the Melbourne Loop in the early part of such a process.

Hopefully others agree and will find ways to take positive action sooner rather than later.

I thought people might be interested.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2591323)   #95
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The Melbourne loop would make a good short circuit track. :-)
Old 29 Nov 2009, 18:52 (Ref:2591325)   #96
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
The Melbourne loop would make a good short circuit track. :-)
I have always thought that - especially as the Ovals seem to bring people in through the door to spectate (unlike club/ national racing!). European Late Models anybody?
Old 29 Nov 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2591340)   #97
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I have always thought that - especially as the Ovals seem to bring people in through the door to spectate (unlike club/ national racing!). European Late Models anybody?
Hehe,

I once saw it used as a drifting circuit whilst there was a race meeting on the National.

The cut through could also make in interesting figure of eight ... hmm.

So, would it be cheaper to re-surface the trenches or dig up the rest of the surface and lay some cinders?
Old 29 Nov 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2591360)   #98
Mark Flounders
Rookie

England
UK
Mark Flounders should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well e have just received our race dates for next year and to my MASSIVE suprise, Donington is on there!!!
Old 29 Nov 2009, 20:20 (Ref:2591362)   #99
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Provisional though surely.
Old 29 Nov 2009, 20:28 (Ref:2591370)   #100
Mark Flounders
Rookie

England
UK
Mark Flounders should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It is provisional although the deal was only struck very recently so i am keeping fingers crossed as it is one of our old favourites and i dont want to see it become nothing more than a memory