Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2013, 06:25 (Ref:3221536)   #76
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dikko View Post
Had a word with the man and it's not just HFF's for a little tuition on Friday afternoon, (Scrutineers Bay 3 pm please) courtesy of the circuits manager Pat Blakeney. See his mention on the HFF section. The fee is a donation to Helicoptor Ambulance.
It is a very different circuit depending which car you drive...you can't see the bends on the 'Straight' due to the rise and falls of the surface in a FF, hold it down and hope... You will enjoy..
Thanks Dikko. I had seen Pat's offer and if can get ther friday pm will do it. Just the logistics of M25 on a friday afternoon to factor in.....

And thanks everyone else for the 'encouragement'! As long as I can get the hub flange that Delta is kindly sending me fitted, I will be there, and treating the occasion as part of the FF2000 learning curve.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3221650)   #77
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just the logistics of M25 on a friday afternoon to factor in.....
It's Easter Mike, M25 will be empty, everyone's in church!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 13:31 (Ref:3221716)   #78
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
It's Easter Mike, M25 will be empty, everyone's in church!
I did remember after posting that, but Good Friday isn't a holiday for everyone. What a silly month for Easter, should be mid April at earliest!

If it happens reckon I will stay down so can hurl abuse at the Guards Trophy competitors from the pit wall on Saturday......
Old 20 Mar 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3221726)   #79
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's anything like last weekend we'll need a spare pair of hands....with a bucket
Old 20 Mar 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3221787)   #80
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
If it's anything like last weekend we'll need a spare pair of hands....with a bucket
If I am there, which more than likely, spare hands will be available. (Entry now confirmed for FF2. Especially looking forward to their social on Sat eve!)

Old 20 Mar 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3221820)   #81
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry list : http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...t_Thruxton.pdf
Old 21 Mar 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3222200)   #82
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Thanks for the link, many have been waiting with baited breath....

I think it's wise restricting the entries per race to sensible numbers, otherwise there could have been major time issues!!

Great programme and it should be a cracker, shame I can't go anymore.
Old 21 Mar 2013, 17:09 (Ref:3222375)   #83
Middle_BBG
Racer

Middle_BBG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the list of all those FF2000's, I'm very tempted to attach an old (but still legible) Imperial Leather FF2000 Championship patch to my overalls !
Old 21 Mar 2013, 22:49 (Ref:3222518)   #84
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a NOS Imperial Leather FF2000 baseball cap (in tasteful brown) given to me by one of our drivers a couple of years ago. You're welcome to borrow it to complete the period look...
Old 23 Mar 2013, 11:46 (Ref:3223156)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Am now ready for Thruxton- sorted out the bad earth on the rain light!
Old 23 Mar 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3223161)   #86
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Current weather forecast : rain all day Saturday and +8C; dry and +5C Sunday. Margate anyone ? Typical bracing English Bank Holiday weather. Ideal Chev Camaro conditions. Not. And to think I do this for fun !
Nick
Old 24 Mar 2013, 22:37 (Ref:3224060)   #87
HRSTR5
Racer

England
Surrey, England
HRSTR5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly one car definitely not going to make it, have had to withdraw the TR5 from HRS .. Gutted actually, since I started racing it in 2004 I've always wanted to race it at Thruxton.

My FJ is still in pieces too, awaiting parts, if they do turn up tomorrow (per the latest promise... ), then Delta reckons we'll make it.

To think that I had such high hopes for proper preparedness of both cars to start the season ... On the bright side, I suppose it might have warmed up by the time I get going 'in anger'.

Wish us luck.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:16 (Ref:3224403)   #88
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
No Derek Bell Trophy F2/F5000 ??
According to the Final Instructions, any F2 cars entered for the DBT have been directed towards the Jochen Rindt Trophy races, Clubmans cars towards the Martini Trophy, with no entries being accepted for F5000 cars.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:23 (Ref:3224406)   #89
alfa 76
Rookie

alfa 76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dare I mention the weather- does anybody know if Thruxton has snow cover and if so are they likely to use grit and salt on it?
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:28 (Ref:3224409)   #90
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa 76 View Post
Dare I mention the weather- does anybody know if Thruxton has snow cover and if so are they likely to use grit and salt on it?
when I left home this morning it was very fresh but no snow...
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:30 (Ref:3224411)   #91
alfa 76
Rookie

alfa 76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good, only the roads on the way down to worry about then!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 13:45 (Ref:3224416)   #92
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Frost at night, but according to MotorSportWeather dry Friday and Saturday, then light rain on Sunday- just in time for the single seaters!

But that has completely changed from yesterday, so could do again tomorrow....
Old 25 Mar 2013, 14:27 (Ref:3224440)   #93
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thruxton has escaped most of the recent snow. Seems to be more around Oxford - bizarre and cannot offer any explanation
Old 25 Mar 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3224477)   #94
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's been blown away by the constant wind!
Old 25 Mar 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3224509)   #95
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Oxford (and Bucks) get it because of the Chilterns; went down to the coast last weekend, no snow south of Basingstoke, 'almost' spring-like on Hayling Island
Old 25 Mar 2013, 17:08 (Ref:3224539)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Oxford (and Bucks) get it because of the Chilterns; went down to the coast last weekend, no snow south of Basingstoke, 'almost' spring-like on Hayling Island
Is there a race circuit on Hayling?

Starting to take this weekend seriously- checked gear ratio chart hoping that Oulton set might be OK so don't have to change. No such luck......
Old 25 Mar 2013, 17:56 (Ref:3224564)   #97
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Is there a race circuit on Hayling?
They call it the Solent Mike
Old 25 Mar 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3224572)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
They call it the Solent Mike
I've raced there!

Old 25 Mar 2013, 19:38 (Ref:3224607)   #99
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Not enough gear for Thruxton Mike I would have thought, would have been about the same before they chicanised Oulton.
Old 25 Mar 2013, 19:52 (Ref:3224618)   #100
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Not enough gear for Thruxton Mike I would have thought, would have been about the same before they chicanised Oulton.
Quite right Al. Gonna have to play juggle the cluster which is not a euphemism......

Mmmmm, just thought of a cunning plan to justify my inevitable lack of pace on Sunday.