Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jun 2011, 04:51 (Ref:2889751)   #1
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2012 Bathurst 12 Hour - 24-26 February

To be held on the 24-26 February, 2012. Bit later next year.
Old 2 Jun 2011, 05:55 (Ref:2889765)   #2
PorscheCurves
Racer

Australia
Sydney
PorscheCurves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd imagine they did this so they are further away from the Dubai 24hrs.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 03:38 (Ref:2890327)   #3
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorscheCurves View Post
I'd imagine they did this so they are further away from the Dubai 24hrs.
It seems, hopefully the race attracts some competitors from Dubai, the entrylist for this year's race had so much variety.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2890377)   #4
KSM86
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
KSM86 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
excellent news! lets hope a field of 40 cars for next years race.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 02:04 (Ref:2890852)   #5
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alot of the time we as fans and competitors alike use forums to point out what is wrong with things (unfortunately with australian motorsport that often means alot) but this time i can genuinely say this is a great step.

I seriously hope that we dont hear of any more rubbish trying to paritise the fields to the unecessary rules of the AGT championship, but i cant help but half expect it with the previous track record of decisions.

But ignoring that for now this step is fantastic and will see the event become more well known and hopefully allow more competitors from around the world to take part.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2890895)   #6
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does Mal Rose's Commodore comply?
Old 2 Jun 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2889864)   #7
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Still to early for my liking - we need it later in order to get more dark running.
Old 3 Jun 2011, 02:12 (Ref:2890319)   #8
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE 2012 ARMOR ALL BATHURST 12 HOUR will receive an international boost following confirmation of a new partnership between Yeehah Events and Creventic, a Netherlands-based company that promotes the international 12 and 24 hour endurance series in Europe and the United Arab Emirates.

Creventic will actively co-promote the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour internationally and are organising combined freight / entry packages from Europe, the UAE and other international markets in an effort to attract more international vehicles.

Creventic already promote the Dubai 24 Hour, Barcelona 24 Hour and Hungary 12 Hour. Whilst the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour will not become part of the series itself, the marketing tie-up will ensure for added visibility of the race in Europe and the UAE.

Several changes to the Event structure have been included as a result of the new international partnership.

The date has been moved to later in February (24th-26th) to allow for vehicles to arrive in Australia via sea-freight after racing in the Dubai 24 Hour earlier in mid-January.

The class structure and eligibility list has also been modified to encompass a wider array of vehicles to reflect a large part of the field that competes in the Dubai 24 Hour and major races in Europe, such as the VLN series and Nurburgring 24 hour, whilst maintaining international GT3 and GT4 cars as the ‘outright’ classes.

The race will continue to cater for Production cars, with two classes again on the eligibility list – a full version of which is set to be announced within the month.

“This is another step forward in establishing the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour as one of the premier international endurance races,” Event Director James O’Brien said.

“In our first year including GT vehicles in the eligibility structure, we attracted six international entrants including three from New Zealand, one from Ireland and the two-car Audi Race Experience team from Germany that would go on to finish 1-2 in the race.

“Our new partnership with Creventic allows us to broaden our horizons and reach a significant competitor base that already exists and regularly competes in this kind of race. We would hope that the result of this partnership is an increase of between 8-12 international entrants in the 2012 race to compliment a stronger domestic grid.”

Creventic spokesman Gerrie Williams said he was looking forward to working with the Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour organisers to further grow the international reputation of the Event.

“The Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour is one of the extreme challenges in racing, which should be on the record of each serious driver. We like adventures very much, and we consider the Bathurst 12 Hour as a challenging adventure – so this is an opportunity for both parties to work together to expand both the Bathurst 12 hour and the 12/24 Hour series.

“From our point of view, the Bathurst 12 Hour is on the other side of the world, so it’s already a challenge even before the start,” he added.

“But the incredible ‘roller-coaster’ kind of track, with its demanding up and down hill combinations, needs to be shown to the racing scene around the world. With our cooperation we expect to add more international teams, so within three to five years the Bathurst 12 Hour will be mentioned alongside the 24 Hours of Nurburgring, 12 Hours of Sebring and 24 Hours of Dubai.

“We hope this is the first step towards a long-term relationship, resulting in an even stronger and more international grid for the Bathurst 12 Hour, and more ‘Aussies’ at the start of the 24 Hours of Dubai.”

The 2012 Armor All Bathurst 12 Hour will be contested on February 24-26, 2012.
Old 4 Jun 2011, 10:44 (Ref:2890960)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
He took several times part in the Nurburgring 24 hours so I am sure the answer is yes.
Old 6 Jun 2011, 04:01 (Ref:2891877)   #10
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
He took several times part in the Nurburgring 24 hours so I am sure the answer is yes.
Yeah but the Nirgburgring 24hr is pretty unique in that there is nearly more classes than cars entered haha..

He did run it in Dubai at one stage but IIRC from one of Mals DVDs they imposed limits on the other cars (Ferraris) in the class to equalise the performance a bit but that was a few years ago now so no doubt classes are different..
Old 8 Jun 2011, 06:17 (Ref:2893244)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
According to this week's Auto Fiction McLaren are looking at sending CRS (their works team) to the mountain next year. Would be great if it were to happen, McLaren dont do things by halves, would really give Audi a run for their money.
Old 8 Jun 2011, 10:45 (Ref:2893343)   #12
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
According to this week's Auto Fiction McLaren are looking at sending CRS (their works team) to the mountain next year. Would be great if it were to happen, McLaren dont do things by halves, would really give Audi a run for their money.
That would be quite an amazing achievement for the event if true and make for a great spectacle.

However with Auto Action becoming more & more of a 'tabloid' publication these days, (I can see James Phelps penning articles for the magazine any day now) I can see that could easily be smoke with no fire.

Fingers crossed though (along with a Merc presence).
Old 12 Jun 2011, 11:55 (Ref:2896961)   #13
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At this stage has there been much interest shown by teams for next years 12 hour?

I read somewhere that Racer Industries are looking at entering a worked HSV Astra that they enter in the Dubai 24 hour in a invitational class for next year.

From what i have read & heard interest has been shown by

VIP Petfoods - Nissan GTR??
Audi - Audi R8
Audi - Audi R8
CRS - McLaren
Vodka 0 - Mercedes SLS (maybe)
Racer Industries - HSV VXR
Ric Shaw - Mazda RX8
GWS - BMW 130's, BMW 335i

Anyone else?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 05:56 (Ref:3030747)   #14
Gearhead Gav
Rookie

United States
Concord, CA
Gearhead Gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't know about this. This is pretty cool... I'll definitely be watching some live streaming. Wouldn't it be excellent if they did a World Endurance Series race at Bathurst?
Old 25 Feb 2012, 06:12 (Ref:3030756)   #15
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pics pplater! Loving that Ferrari! Pure Pron! I thought the Merc was a beautiful race car but the Ferrari creams it imo

And how good is the ustream feed! Excellent jobs guys! Looking forward to watching the race from my garage tomorrow while I prepare my car for Easter
Old 12 Jun 2011, 12:25 (Ref:2897006)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Is it the same CRS team that ran a Ferrari 430 in GTEAm at Le Mans this year?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jun 2011, 05:54 (Ref:2897756)   #17
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I believe it is the same team.

I wonder what is the chance of getting such teams as listed below to enter the race?

• Farnbacher Racing Ferrari 458
  • Manthey Racing Porsche R
  • Falken Racing Porsche R
  • Black Falcon Mercedes SLS
Old 13 Jun 2011, 07:06 (Ref:2897783)   #18
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt you'll get Farnbacher, but never say never.

Hector Lester is keen as mustard, can't say which car though

No doubt a local Lambo or 3 will show up.

Someone ought to consider buying the Manolios Maseratis for it too, it's not really an outright speed event, and a well sorted Maserati would provide fun at a competitive pace and great value. Think about 5% (yes FIVE) of the Audi budget!
Old 14 Jun 2011, 06:21 (Ref:2898563)   #19
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yes it is. The Ferrari effort at Le Mans was a late inclusion to their 2011 programme, I dont McLaren mind as the car was full of gentlemen drivers.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 06:37 (Ref:2898567)   #20
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Probably more likely to get a guide looking at the Dubai 24hr and other races in that series than at the 24hrs at the Sarthe or NRing.
But there are some pretty mouth watering options in doing just that!
Old 8 Jun 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2893319)   #21
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really? I hope to chat I had with the principal of 'the F1 at the Mount' the night before it ran had something to do with the decision!
He was unaware of the 12hr, the Audi works team or Lowndes competing in the event so I just opened his eyes. I also suggested that Jenson and Lewis should team up and have a drive in the 12hr before the F1 season.
Hope it all happens. May even get to see the F1 blast around again.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2898582)   #22
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Class structure here
http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/06/14/...d-for-12-hour/

No more compulsory / timed pit stops

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2898596)   #23
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
Class structure here
http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/06/14/...d-for-12-hour/

No more compulsory / timed pit stops
All the new measures are good except for these in my opinion.

Limiting the cars to 2 seeded drivers. If a team is capable of fielding a all pro line up so be it in my opinion, every team has the same chance to do the same. Its an annoying restriction but not that bad in the end.

But the big ones for me are the introduction of a class allowing commodore cup cars and saloon cars.

Do we really want to see 15 year old cars which can be potentially termed as "bogan" racing with ferrari's? This isnt the wakefield 300....

I know that sounds very snobby and perhaps it is, but i do think the image of the event is important. This is coming from an owner of an ss commodore and a supporter of the commodore cup as a series on its own so please dont think i am against these categories, i just believe they have their place and the b12 isnt it.

The ute category is a bit iffy for me, but at least they can fit in as modern production cars available to the public and relevant to the market today.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2898602)   #24
Richard Craill
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Richard Craill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
All the new measures are good except for these in my opinion.

Limiting the cars to 2 seeded drivers. If a team is capable of fielding a all pro line up so be it in my opinion, every team has the same chance to do the same. Its an annoying restriction but not that bad in the end.

But the big ones for me are the introduction of a class allowing commodore cup cars and saloon cars.

Do we really want to see 15 year old cars which can be potentially termed as "bogan" racing with ferrari's? This isnt the wakefield 300....

I know that sounds very snobby and perhaps it is, but i do think the image of the event is important. This is coming from an owner of an ss commodore and a supporter of the commodore cup as a series on its own so please dont think i am against these categories, i just believe they have their place and the b12 isnt it.

The ute category is a bit iffy for me, but at least they can fit in as modern production cars available to the public and relevant to the market today.
Reasonable point but one of the biggest complaints people have had of the race is perhaps not being as inclusive as possible for all people - this is a big step to opening it up to a massive array of potential entrants / competitors who might otherwise not have the opportunity.

Saloon / Com Cup / V8 Ute cars are all pretty affordable, all comply to current safety regulations and are all quick enough that they aren't going to be miles off the pace and therefore dangers to themselves and other vehicles. In fact, The Com Cup pole time this year at Easter Bathurst was a 2:32 and a bit, which would have put them bang on the Lynton / Mackelden / Modystach M3 in this year's 12 Hour qualy. The Fastest Saloons were in the 35s and that's quicker than 130i pace.

I think part of the appeal of the race is getting as much variety as possible in there. So why not have Commodore's and Falcons and Utes out there With the exotica in the GTs?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 10:00 (Ref:2898662)   #25
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Good to see the organisers have come to there senses and freed up some of the restrictions that will hopefully broaden the GT entries..

Nafe, i'm still laughing regarding your comment about the eligibility of bogan cars and comparing it to the Wakefield 300, LOL That will be a site seeing a VH Commodore Cup Car lined up next to a Mercedes SLS on the grid. On that they may as well made a class for HQ Holdens.....

I am also not downing the Aussie based categories, but I believe that cars such as Commodore Cup Cars & Saloon Cars make great viewing as support categories, but please as an international event aimed at securing entries from Mclaren and Audi, I do not know what to say.

Richard I understand the organisers moving the direction of the event to make the event affordable to local teams and broadening the entries, but to allow a 15 year old Commodore into a event where even eligible cars from the AMC are no older than a AUII XR8 Falcon/ VY SS Commodore is a bit strange. Fair enough if Commodore Cup were running VY/VZ Commodores, but for me VS Commodores are a bit ancient for this event.

I have mixed opinions on allowing the Utes to run again, but they have proven themselves in the previous Bathurst 12 Hours to be an affective weapon in the right hands.

Enough on local categories, I would like to see VW enter the Siroccos they were talking about entering last year into the event.