Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Jun 2009, 13:12 (Ref:2473358)   #1
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2010 Bathurst 12 hour

I had a look at the draft eligiblility list for the 2010 Bathurst 12 hour.

I noticed new car structures, such as combined production sedan/hatch class, one diesel class and they have got rid of the automatic class and SUV class.

BMW M3, HSV W427 and Lexus ISF are eligible in draft and i noticed no class for the Lotus Exige, Nissan 370Z & 350Z. I was looking forward to seeing the new 370Z in the race.

Can anyone shed anymore light on the topic?

http://www.bathurst12hour.com/files/...ligibility.pdf
Old 4 Jun 2009, 01:04 (Ref:2475059)   #2
A-A
Rookie

A-A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't shed any more light (outsider looking in), but i'm with you Davo, i thought the new 370Z might have a bit of a show.

The other vehicle which is not there is the Audi TTS -200Kw & 350Nm torque- 1450 kg.

Evo has 217Kw and 366Nm but 1560kg - should be close in performance.

C'mon Audi - your market share is rising, how about giving BJR a car and a few bucks.

While i'm begging the manufacturers to get involved, Renault - get a MEGANE RS DCI 175(127Kw 360 Nm & 1380 KG) in there. Instead of letting Alfa run around all day in the 147 (110Kw 305 Nm & 1310kg)and pick up a class win - Great PR
Old 4 Jun 2009, 11:30 (Ref:2475290)   #3
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Noticed also that the "Spherix" name has disappeared and is replaced by Yeehah Events P/L .. assume Denyer & co are still involved in the event?
Old 5 Jun 2009, 06:29 (Ref:2475776)   #4
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And let's not have any talk about parity.

It is production car racing. Parity should never be an issue. If it's not fast enough, try harder.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 02:50 (Ref:2476311)   #5
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Below the models listed this is written:

Please note: Any make/model that is not listed may be considered for inclusion into the table of Eligible Automobiles following application to Yeehah Events P/L and subject to each make/model meeting all eligibility requirements of the CAMS Group 3E Series Production Car Regulations

I was thinking this vehicle would be a good entry

LOTUS EVORA

http://www.caradvice.com.au/32138/20...ing-and-dates/

Its released later this year in aus.

Nissan should definately be applying to enter the 370Z.

Wasnt there a price cap in years previous? has this cap been removed now?
Old 6 Jun 2009, 03:05 (Ref:2476316)   #6
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafe! View Post
Below the models listed this is written:

Please note: Any make/model that is not listed may be considered for inclusion into the table of Eligible Automobiles following application to Yeehah Events P/L and subject to each make/model meeting all eligibility requirements of the CAMS Group 3E Series Production Car Regulations

I was thinking this vehicle would be a good entry

LOTUS EVORA

http://www.caradvice.com.au/32138/20...ing-and-dates/

Its released later this year in aus.

Nissan should definately be applying to enter the 370Z.

Wasnt there a price cap in years previous? has this cap been removed now?
Price cap was around 120K for previous years, unsure on cap for next year.

That lotus looks impressive. Perhaps the Lotus cars Australia entry will be one of these? Can only hope so.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 05:03 (Ref:2476336)   #7
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just hope it's not an EVO-a-thon again in 2010.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 6 Jun 2009, 06:45 (Ref:2476351)   #8
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone have any info on the price cap, and on what price that is based?
Under the new ACCC rules quoted car prices should include dealer deliver, taxes and on road costs. Could vary from state to state and become rather complex.
Old 6 Jun 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2476353)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now the GT-R has been punted for Safety Car duty... allow it to come play in the 12 hour... then we shall see what the Evo's are really made of

More seriously... you dont want any marque dominating the thing. You would hope WBR will be willing to replace their Subaru fleet and take the fight up to the triple diamond cars....

If the ceiling is lifted... its like letting the top off a cooking pot, all the delicious aromas escape!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 Jun 2009, 09:24 (Ref:2476395)   #10
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Anyone have any info on the price cap, and on what price that is based?
Under the new ACCC rules quoted car prices should include dealer deliver, taxes and on road costs. Could vary from state to state and become rather complex.

Im not 100 percent sure but from what i understand most production series operate from a recommended retail price point. I would say that is mostly because its a fixed price. The on road pricing could vary a few thousand thus making it a grey area wether some models fit within or outside of the price bracket.

How much was/is the W427? Im fairly certain it is over 120,000. Would be nice to see a holden factory effort that is focussed on winning the event.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 02:19 (Ref:2476737)   #11
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
I can see this race turning into another holdenfest......not for me thanks!
Old 7 Jun 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2477001)   #12
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
(Without current knowledge) I would have thought the Nissan GT-R and the Audi RS4 were in the same price bracket as the BMW M3?

If the organisers start picking and choosing which cars are eligible (without a price ceiling) then it becomes a little bit wrong...doesn't it?
Old 8 Jun 2009, 06:25 (Ref:2477418)   #13
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
More seriously... you dont want any marque dominating the thing. You would hope WBR will be willing to replace their Subaru fleet and take the fight up to the triple diamond cars....
That would be nice

Interesting to see that at the opening round of the AMC, Lee Castle was able to stick it right up the factory Evo 10 entries, winning the class, and would have won the round had he not been punted off while leading race two. Old Subarus are still good Subarus
Old 8 Jun 2009, 08:06 (Ref:2477456)   #14
davo.
Racer

Australia
Sydney
davo. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going by the eligiblility list you would have to think that the only cars that really would put it up to the Evo X, would be either the Evo IX or the BMW M3.

Do you think the W427 would make up potentially 4 - 5 secs on the HSV R8 to keep up with the front running Evo's?

If you won't to see a 09 STI up the front, we need to have a factory supported effort like the 2007 event.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2477580)   #15
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We may well see an Sti from WA next year which will have the Maximum of preparation and be very quick

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 8 Jun 2009, 12:48 (Ref:2477658)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
We may well see an Sti from WA next year which will have the Maximum of preparation and be very quick
An 09 version, or the son's older model?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 8 Jun 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2477973)   #17
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
An 09 version, or the son's older model?
Current model 09 is what I have heard.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 9 Jun 2009, 02:34 (Ref:2478072)   #18
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clearly the price cap must have been lifted if the M3/C63/ISF etc are in there. That will shake things up a bit and I think will be very interesting (for the first year at least) if there was an entry or two of each to take on the Evo's.

There are a couple of strange things too, eg Astra SRi listed in 2 classes, Focus XR5T and Golf GTi in Prod Sedan/Hatch but Mondeo XR5T and Golf GT in Prod Sport. Needs a bit of a clean-up.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 03:23 (Ref:2478081)   #19
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh875 View Post
Clearly the price cap must have been lifted if the M3/C63/ISF etc are in there. That will shake things up a bit and I think will be very interesting (for the first year at least) if there was an entry or two of each to take on the Evo's.

There are a couple of strange things too, eg Astra SRi listed in 2 classes, Focus XR5T and Golf GTi in Prod Sedan/Hatch but Mondeo XR5T and Golf GT in Prod Sport. Needs a bit of a clean-up.
Focus and Mondeo are different animals. Like the Maserati Granturismo and Quattroporte, the bigger and smaller car have the same driveline but very different bodies and suspension tune. It is right for them to be in different classes... Just as a Ford Territory Turbo shouldn't have to run against the XR6T.

Same too for the Golf.

The Golf GTI (never "GTi") has a very strong 2.0L turbo engine whereas the GT has a peaky little 1.4L motor with a tiny turbo and miniature supercharger.

There is a big speed difference between the two.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 04:49 (Ref:2478103)   #20
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo. View Post
Do you think the W427 would make up potentially 4 - 5 secs on the HSV R8 to keep up with the front running Evo's?
Davo, would we see the W427 on Bathurst? My mind is saying no. Most people will just store the car up in their garages until the thing costs more than a mansion.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 05:23 (Ref:2478114)   #21
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With the M3 included, why not include a Porsche Cayman S? Cheaper and 100-odd horsepower less but not on the eligibility list. mmm.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 05:36 (Ref:2478119)   #22
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Davo, would we see the W427 on Bathurst? My mind is saying no. Most people will just store the car up in their garages until the thing costs more than a mansion.
You could up spec the R8 to a W427, afterall they all start life as a povo pack exec anyway, you just need the right bits. Look at the wagon, SS to R8.

Old 9 Jun 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2478149)   #23
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
You could up spec the R8 to a W427, afterall they all start life as a povo pack exec anyway, you just need the right bits. Look at the wagon, SS to R8.
Exactly.

Holden did it with an Ashtray SRI too. The entered it as a VXR so they could fit all the sexy bits to it.

I'm pretty sure one of the proddy Fords running around has seen action both as a GT and Typhoon.

Theoretically you could buy a wrecked old-gen STI and throw its running gear under the Roland-sponsored Impreza RS hatch that ran this year.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2478153)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Chris Delfsma's XR8 was upgraded to GT specs, and I believe the running gear from the Sti that Bowe was running has found itself in the Roland car already...
Old 9 Jun 2009, 07:20 (Ref:2478168)   #25
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, Chris' car went from a BA XR8 to BF XR8 and now BF GT spec.
Interesting news on the Jim Hunter front, does this mean a two car attack, or that the crashed car from the 12Hr was too expensive to fix?