Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Feb 2012, 02:21 (Ref:3031724)   #1351
osrg
Racer

osrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridosrg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingers View Post
Yikes... a bit rich? Mr Park is a very accomplished race car driver with vast experience in alot of mega dollar cars. He has acknowledged his mistake put his hand up, so there should be no real reason to rant on like a nufty.
Hmmm..... I'd say winning at Spa in a Sauber C9 with massive historical significance gives Wayne some clout. It was an unfortunate error, but that's Motorsport and **** happens.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3031727)   #1352
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yikes... a bit rich? Mr Park is a very accomplished race car driver with vast experience in alot of mega dollar cars. He has acknowledged his mistake put his hand up, so there should be no real reason to rant on like a nufty.
Perhaps ask him what he said about Ted before you decide too much.

I won't write it here, for now.

But Karma is an unstoppable train with an unpredictable timetable.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 03:30 (Ref:3031737)   #1353
peterelise
Racer

peterelise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ff s conscience View Post
Same car driver seeding also a bit iffy IMO too....
That was behind my earlier question. I couldn't work out from their performance who was the amateur in the #1 car. As far as I could tell they were all experienced "pros" in that car.

Do you know who the designated amateur/unseeded driver was in #1 and #20?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 03:42 (Ref:3031739)   #1354
Prancing Wombat
Rookie

Prancing Wombat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asked a similar question about who the am driver was in Audi #22, and was told "F Yu" ........ which i thought was a bit harsh. It was just a simple question.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 05:07 (Ref:3031745)   #1355
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was great to see some awesome machinery on one of the worlds great race tracks. I won't bore you with too much as the event and day has pretty much been covered on here already. It was an enjoyable event although the Sunday weather meant that the racing was well below speed and the atmosphere was non existent. 25 cars starting on Sunday was pathetic considering the build up and predictions of 40 cars which started from about August. One particular effort has stood out for me and PVDA and other '' flaggies '' may have their thoughts on this. On Friday at a '' flaggies '' station near Reid Park, i noticed that the flagman wasn't facing the oncoming cars as they came over the hill for about 20 seconds. He then proceeded to wave an unravelled blue flag at a single car on at least 3 occasions and about 75 % of the time he couldn't display the blue flag before the cars were almost past him. The section that he was stationed was around the area that Mark Porter lost his life and should have an experienced and accomplished '' flaggie '' there. I also witnessed another '' flaggie '' at the same station yell out to a spectator during a SC that the driver must have run out of talent....... how professional ?? I am glad i attended and hope that next year there is a 40 car field with more overseas and local GT 's and more '' proddies ''.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 06:52 (Ref:3031758)   #1356
kingers
Racer

kingers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

We are talking about dirty laundry here, about acouple of blokes that soiled themselves??

I didnt realise how low I could go!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 07:34 (Ref:3031764)   #1357
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had a cracking weekend at the 12 hour.

The race was interesting and highly enjoyable. The lack of depth of the field was no doubt evident - every time the SC board went out, you held your breath hoping it wasn't one of the contenders.

That aside it the race was great highlighted by the opening stint of Simonsen, Luff once the rain set in, Baird in the fog and torrential rain and Slade chasing the Audi near the end.

Reload I would argue against the weather reducing the atmosphere - seeing the Audi's in particular fly over the top of the mountain in the terrible conditions once something quite sensational.

I look forward to next years race and hope for a field with more depth and more dark running.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 08:10 (Ref:3031769)   #1358
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
becauser i was out all day (birthday) when was the last safety car?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 08:36 (Ref:3031775)   #1359
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

And I reckon that train is coming for you, particularly for this nasty little effort.

Knowing Wayne reasonably well, he hasn't a nasty bone in his body...but who knows?( except you, know-all) maybe Wayne articulated what the rest of us were thinking?...that Ted's reflexes and responses were caught out at turn one? That he made a pretty dangerous mistake that a younger Ted wouldn't of?
That maybe it's time to ease up?

WP made an error in very ordinary conditions and put his hand up, said he would have caught it when he was younger and announced on TV his retirement from competitive racing.

Now that is a class act, recognizing his limitations before he hurts himself or others.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 08:37 (Ref:3031777)   #1360
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
after what park said about Ted, and then after what Park did himself, that's kinda how we felt about the karma train....

Park famously crashed a 355 at bathurst (any video??? ) (how old was he then?)

Park smashed Scudds Lambo at Sprint Bathurst 2011

Park smashed Scudds Lambo at B12 2012, while in contention for a win.

Accomplished???? Certainly, but at what????

Age has little to do with it. It's talent. Park is clearly no better than Ted, despite being 26 years younger, accoring to the facts. faster, he may be, but better.... hardly....

Ted made a mistake, big deal. So did several others, including Eddy, 2 time Aus GT champ, and many many others.

I hate envious little men.

Last edited by ff s conscience; 27 Feb 2012 at 08:43.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3031784)   #1361
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
And I reckon that train is coming for you, .
Gee, I hope so.... It's well overdue.

You do realise Karma is a two way thing.... GOOD and BAD....

Did you see so much bad that you thought that's all there was???
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:29 (Ref:3031796)   #1362
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to butt in on the karma debate but I would like to congratulate my little bro in law and all at Clearwater for the solid job they all did to finish third

Here is a little snip of what Matt had to say afterwards:

“That was the hardest race I’ve ever done from the point of view of the conditions and visibility – torrential rain for 10 of the 12 hours was like nothing I’d ever seen, and it was also foggy at the top of the Mountain. You had to be so careful; one tiny mistake and you could go hard into the wall.

“We got killed by safety cars unfortunately and lost a lap under one of them, and then didn’t get a wave by under another so went a second lap down. Our pace in the dry was really good and the car ran faultlessly the whole race, but the Mercedes and Audis had the edge on us in the wet.

“Bathurst is the best track I’ve ever been round and the whole event was absolutely brilliant. None of us put a foot wrong all weekend and even managed to avoid the kangaroos in qualifying. I thought they were joking about them at the drivers’ briefing but took note when it came up on the timing screens there were ‘roos at Turn 3. You don’t get that at Silverstone or Spa!!”

Matt was straight to the airport after the race to return to the UK for testing at Oulton Park! And they say that racing drivers have a glamorous lifestyle!!
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3031798)   #1363
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Had a cracking weekend at the 12 hour.

The race was interesting and highly enjoyable. The lack of depth of the field was no doubt evident - every time the SC board went out, you held your breath hoping it wasn't one of the contenders.

That aside it the race was great highlighted by the opening stint of Simonsen, Luff once the rain set in, Baird in the fog and torrential rain and Slade chasing the Audi near the end.

Reload I would argue against the weather reducing the atmosphere - seeing the Audi's in particular fly over the top of the mountain in the terrible conditions once something quite sensational.

I look forward to next years race and hope for a field with more depth and more dark running.
I was considering posting my thoughts on the B12, but I think you nailed it. The young bloke and I arrived home about an hour ago after a thoroughly sensational weekend.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3031803)   #1364
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Sorry to butt in on the karma debate but I would like to congratulate my little bro in law and all at Clearwater for the solid job they all did to finish third

Here is a little snip of what Matt had to say afterwards:

“That was the hardest race I’ve ever done from the point of view of the conditions and visibility – torrential rain for 10 of the 12 hours was like nothing I’d ever seen, and it was also foggy at the top of the Mountain. You had to be so careful; one tiny mistake and you could go hard into the wall.

“We got killed by safety cars unfortunately and lost a lap under one of them, and then didn’t get a wave by under another so went a second lap down. Our pace in the dry was really good and the car ran faultlessly the whole race, but the Mercedes and Audis had the edge on us in the wet.

“Bathurst is the best track I’ve ever been round and the whole event was absolutely brilliant. None of us put a foot wrong all weekend and even managed to avoid the kangaroos in qualifying. I thought they were joking about them at the drivers’ briefing but took note when it came up on the timing screens there were ‘roos at Turn 3. You don’t get that at Silverstone or Spa!!”

Matt was straight to the airport after the race to return to the UK for testing at Oulton Park! And they say that racing drivers have a glamorous lifestyle!!
You might also argue that the car was slightly hamstrung by the 50kg weight penalty it didnt really need too... despite Mr Baird saying that it wouldnt make much difference to performance... one of the 458s has the lap record, the other not..

Mr Baird commented yesterday during the live feed that the team thought the race would be in warm conditions, that they chose the conservative hard Michelin dry tyre instead of the softer medium compound. While it makes no difference in the rain... it might have done...

Glad Mr Griffin enjoyed his ride.. hope he comes back next year...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3031811)   #1365
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You might also argue that the car was slightly hamstrung by the 50kg weight penalty it didnt really need too... despite Mr Baird saying that it wouldnt make much difference to performance... one of the 458s has the lap record, the other not..

Mr Baird commented yesterday during the live feed that the team thought the race would be in warm conditions, that they chose the conservative hard Michelin dry tyre instead of the softer medium compound. While it makes no difference in the rain... it might have done...

Glad Mr Griffin enjoyed his ride.. hope he comes back next year...
Also, is it worth noting that I THINK this is the first time a Ferrari has completed 12 hours in Australia without a mechanical error?

Might not be as quick as the Maranello example, but it certainly wetn the distance.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 09:57 (Ref:3031813)   #1366
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
after what park said about Ted, and then after what Park did himself, that's kinda how we felt about the karma train....

Park famously crashed a 355 at bathurst (any video??? ) (how old was he then?)

Park smashed Scudds Lambo at Sprint Bathurst 2011

Park smashed Scudds Lambo at B12 2012, while in contention for a win.

Accomplished???? Certainly, but at what????

Age has little to do with it. It's talent. Park is clearly no better than Ted, despite being 26 years younger, accoring to the facts. faster, he may be, but better.... hardly....

Ted made a mistake, big deal. So did several others, including Eddy, 2 time Aus GT champ, and many many others.

I hate envious little men.
Man, you are really cut up over your failed weekend. I was only going to post some facts on AE but you leave me no option but to post it here too, so all posters can see what rubbish you post, stay tuned.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 10:09 (Ref:3031821)   #1367
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
Man, you are really cut up over your failed weekend. I was only going to post some facts on AE but you leave me no option but to post it here too, so all posters can see what rubbish you post, stay tuned.
Scud before the unluck in the wet,what was your race strategy and were did you guys see yourselfs in the balance of the race?
How do you think your car would have preformed against the 2nd place Benz in the conditions?
Its the best race of the year,IMO i'd like to see more sportscars and less touring units in the race,i guess with time the numbers will grow.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 10:19 (Ref:3031826)   #1368
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by scudd View Post
As gutted as we are, we take comfort from knowing how well we could have done.

We helped you guys a LOT too.... even after Park said what he said.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3031833)   #1369
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Also, is it worth noting that I THINK this is the first time a Ferrari has completed 12 hours in Australia without a mechanical error?

Might not be as quick as the Maranello example, but it certainly wetn the distance.
Good point. The 360 N-GT didnt get 12 hours out of an engine back in the B24 of 2003
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Feb 2012, 10:37 (Ref:3031834)   #1370
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I'm sure I speak for the rest of team Lago in thanking Ted, Steve and the other CC guys for the loan of the more efficient fuel rig in particular. Saved us 9 seconds per stop...albeit we couldn't take full advantage of it.

I still wonder though why they tolerate a decisive window licker in their team.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3031837)   #1371
Rob Bailey
Veteran

Rob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob Bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No way. For several reasons.

Firstly, the rule makers have deemed cars like Teds ineligible for the easter event anyway, but Teds car needs re-shelling, and people must remember its a part time team. His crew work chemicals 9-5.

The car will take perhaps 1000 hours to fix, plus parts...
So I guess you will be spending less time on the net over the coming months?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:15 (Ref:3031847)   #1372
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Images from Practice and Qualifying uploading now. Race images immediately after. Up to 180 out of 931 so far LOL

http://www.speedshots.com.au/gallery...bimf/2012_b12/
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3031850)   #1373
KineticEnergy
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
KineticEnergy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations View Post
I'm sure I speak for the rest of team Lago in thanking Ted, Steve and the other CC guys for the loan of the more efficient fuel rig in particular. Saved us 9 seconds per stop...albeit we couldn't take full advantage of it.

I still wonder though why they tolerate a decisive window licker in their team.
Decisive or Divisive? Just curious.
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3031851)   #1374
GreenMachine
Racer

Australia
Canberra
GreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGreenMachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Also, is it worth noting that I THINK this is the first time a Ferrari has completed 12 hours in Australia without a mechanical error? ...
The McKay 250LM at Surfers?
Old 27 Feb 2012, 11:48 (Ref:3031854)   #1375
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticEnergy View Post
Decisive or Divisive? Just curious.
Damn auto-correct...divisive.