Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:26 (Ref:2946079)   #276
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
right choice IMO, SBR are obviously the form team outside of 888 and much better then FPR.

Alex to join his bro at FPR?
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:33 (Ref:2946086)   #277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by osrg View Post
http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/08/26/...river-in-2012/

Interesting....... i all but closed to door on him being in Bottle-o colours next year...

Holdsworth set to become SBR driver in 2012

Friday 26th August, 2011 Author: SpeedCafe ©

Lee Holdsworth is set to replace Alex Davison in the #4 IRWIN Tools Falcon (Image digitally altered)

Another piece of the 2012 V8 Supercars driver jigsaw has been put in place, but will not be officially announced until after the Supercheap Auto 1000 at Bathurst.
Lee Holdsworth is set to drive with Stone Brothers Racing in 2012, replacing Alex Davison in the #4 IRWIN Tools Ford Falcon.
After six years driving for Garry Rogers Motorsport, next year will be the first time that Holdsworth has raced a Ford.
While all parties are remaining tight-lipped, the move makes Davison one of the most valuable players in the driver market with possible seats available at Ford Performance Racing’s Bottle-O Racing entry, Paul Morris Motorsport, Brad Jones Racing and Garry Rogers Motorsport.
A drive at SBR will see Holdsworth move from Melbourne, back to his home state of Queensland at the end of the year.
Lee Holdsworth after taking second place at Winton earlier this year

“It is no secret that there has been discussion going on about my career for several weeks now and plenty of speculation,” Holdsworth told Speedcafe.com.
“I believe I have a clear direction for the future, but I will not be in a position to say anything until after Bathurst.
“I am looking forward to the endurance events with Greg Ritter in the GRM Fujitsu Commodore and want to give the team the best shot possible at winning both Phillip Island and Bathurst.
“People can speculate all they want, and they will, but I will not be making any comment until Bathurst is done.”
Stone Brothers Racing co-owner Ross Stone played a straight bat when questioned about the situation.
“I have no comment on our driver situation for 2012 and beyond,” Stone told Speedcafe.com.
“All three are doing a solid job and we are focusing our energy towards giving all our three cars a chance of winning the endurance events.
“Our 2012 sponsor, driver and team line-ups will be confirmed in due course.”
Here's hoping Fujitsu is coming too!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:33 (Ref:2946087)   #278
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
right choice IMO, SBR are obviously the form team outside of 888 and much better then FPR.

Alex to join his bro at FPR?
Only as a enduro driver, it would take something radical to get Frosty out of the Orrcon Falcon.

Holdsworth should play it smart and join BJR. BJR are not that far away from Holdsworth, they're quick and consistent and they would really like Lee there.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 04:55 (Ref:2946103)   #279
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
awesome news if it turns out to be true, Gives me a reason to barrack for the 4 again, its been 6 years
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:03 (Ref:2946106)   #280
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Only as a enduro driver, it would take something radical to get Frosty out of the Orrcon Falcon.

Holdsworth should play it smart and join BJR. BJR are not that far away from Holdsworth, they're quick and consistent and they would really like Lee there.
i meant in the RNR entry run out of FPR, sorry for the confusion.

BJR requires money to be brought and unless Fujitsu are following (they may well be by rumours) then Lee wouldn't end up there.

maybe Fujitsu want to go to SBR given they have the relationship there through the sponsorship of the McGlaughlin entry in the Tubby Taylors.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:23 (Ref:2946114)   #281
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's hoping his results improve.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 05:36 (Ref:2946119)   #282
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
what would this mean for GRM. new driver, Garry has often picked from obscurity.
New sponsor, maybe, GRM have not been a great team for bring new sponsors along

im not exactaly sure how old garry is, but he passed the traditional retirement age. Does he still have the passion to want to keep going much longer as a team owner at this level, or is there a possibility he might do something else
Old 26 Aug 2011, 06:41 (Ref:2946157)   #283
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
what would this mean for GRM. new driver, Garry has often picked from obscurity.
New sponsor, maybe, GRM have not been a great team for bring new sponsors along

im not exactaly sure how old garry is, but he passed the traditional retirement age. Does he still have the passion to want to keep going much longer as a team owner at this level, or is there a possibility he might do something else
The story goes that the Fujitsu deal was originally meant for HRT, with Toll (or more accurately Mr Little) not confirming his employer's involvement until quite late in the piece, the package eventually ended up at GRM. Arguably Fujitsu doesnt leverage the relationship too much, ads with Mr Holdsworth and Mr Caruso appear in Motorsport News print edition and Auto Action.. with a readership a mere poofteenth of the general readership of the country.

According to the 1989/90 Great Race book, Mr Rogers was born on July 29, 1945 in Melbourne... so at age 66 may wish for an easier life... which might be as simple as placing more management in the team.
Old 26 Aug 2011, 07:24 (Ref:2946174)   #284
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The story goes that the Fujitsu deal was originally meant for HRT, with Toll (or more accurately Mr Little) not confirming his employer's involvement until quite late in the piece, the package eventually ended up at GRM. Arguably Fujitsu doesnt leverage the relationship too much, ads with Mr Holdsworth and Mr Caruso appear in Motorsport News print edition and Auto Action.. with a readership a mere poofteenth of the general readership of the country.

According to the 1989/90 Great Race book, Mr Rogers was born on July 29, 1945 in Melbourne... so at age 66 may wish for an easier life... which might be as simple as placing more management in the team.
I think they would be happier on the 4 next year than HRT, that would be a very short term relationship if they went there, plus they would get a bigger slice of the car at SBR.

We saw how a management structure went with HRT, at the end of the day, managment can walk and you are left holding the can
Old 26 Aug 2011, 09:59 (Ref:2946239)   #285
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is the GRM licence going to be up for sale then? What is Tinkler going to use if Charlie takes his bat and ball to the Webbs? Just throwing some stuff out there....
My money is on Alex joining baby bro in the #55.
If I was Gary I'd grab Chas Mostert or Tim Blanchard, as they are running pretty well in the Fujis.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 01:45 (Ref:2947024)   #286
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if Lee is of to Yatala, will Reynolds appear at GRM? Will Kelly's have to find a young gun, Chaz, or bring home Nick McBride/Geoff Uhrhane/ Spike Goddard/ Mitchell gilbert/Scott Pye ?

makes an interesting media release from some Teams after Bathurst or the Gold Coast event.
Old 28 Aug 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2947119)   #287
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynolds is confirmed at KR next year
Old 28 Aug 2011, 10:52 (Ref:2947137)   #288
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I know we have seen confirmation of this, But history would suggest that these things can be pretty fluid, Money often talks with the 4th car in a team
Old 28 Aug 2011, 10:59 (Ref:2947145)   #289
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not this time...
Old 28 Aug 2011, 23:17 (Ref:2947382)   #290
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 29 Aug 2011, 01:30 (Ref:2947418)   #291
Placebo
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Placebo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that both Rod Nash and Lee Holdsworth have quoted they want everything sorted ASAP - ideally in the next couple of weeks.
Old 29 Aug 2011, 02:19 (Ref:2947422)   #292
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lets see what MeN has to say this week about their 'scoop' from last week. Faux pas or spot on

There is so much purposeful misdirection in this sport now, until you see the drivers with their name on the rear window (and not photoshopped!) who knows?
Old 29 Aug 2011, 02:38 (Ref:2947424)   #293
speedreader
Racer

Australia
speedreader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I had a spare seat in one of my V8 Supercars (wish I did had a V8 supercar team....) I'd certainly be including Luff in my list of drivers to consider. He can race hard, just take a look at last year when he was JC's co-driver, has had a dismal season with LDR & only had a 1 year contract with them so will be ultra, ultra keen to now get back in a competitive car & prove himself again
Old 29 Aug 2011, 06:05 (Ref:2947463)   #294
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Nice job by Stone Brothers PR to call SPeedcafe out...
Old 29 Aug 2011, 08:08 (Ref:2947486)   #295
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Maybe not, according to Speedcafe Here

Old 29 Aug 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2947509)   #296
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Maybe not, according to Speedcafe Here

Can't help but only pay attention to this quote:

Quote:
Kelly Racing remains adamant that Reynolds has a signed deal to race with them next season.

“If it waddles like a duck, if it swims like a duck, if it quacks like a duck and if it looks like a duck, there is a good chance it’s a duck – just like our agreement,” KR CEO John Crennan told Speedcafe.com.

I doubt they'd be making such strong statements guaranteeing that he'll be there unless they're quite sure, Kelly Racing sure will look stupid now if he did jump ship
Old 29 Aug 2011, 08:49 (Ref:2947512)   #297
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
So a speedcafe.com beatup?
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:06 (Ref:2947519)   #298
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Speedcafe.com making an 'out there' prediction to get allot of attention? I guess we won't know for sure until Rod Nash makes his announcement (Post Philip Island or Bathurst?)
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:19 (Ref:2947533)   #299
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
I'm not gonna use Speedcafe for a while I don't think....
Old 29 Aug 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2947537)   #300
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
I think speed cafe covered both sides of the discusion. yes the headline like all media headlines was exactaly that, a headline, but the wording of the article said more

to discount speedcafe because of a headline probably suggest more the gullibility of the reader than how trustworthy speedcafe is

always read things with a sceptical mind