Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Aug 2011, 04:24 (Ref:2948683)   #301
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Interesting to read in AA today that Toll is stepping back from title sponsorship of the Holden Racing Team.

The story from Mr Fogarty suggests that the Toll brand shall remain as a 'minor partner' while both Rockstar Energy Drinks and Mobil 1 are back with a larger commitment.

A different title sponsor has apparently been secured, according to Mr Fogarty...

Similarly interesting is the suggestion that WP has extended its reported $2m a season deal with Holden, to be branded the Holden Racing Team, until the end of 2013...

So who is the lucky new partner paying a reported ~$3m per season where Toll previously contributed a reported ~$2m per season??

I would guess Coates Hire & WesTrac CAT...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Aug 2011, 04:54 (Ref:2948686)   #302
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good to see Auto Fiction with their collective fingers on the pulse...
Old 31 Aug 2011, 05:02 (Ref:2948691)   #303
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
good to see Auto Fiction with their collective fingers on the pulse...
These are the hard questions that should be asked... rather than speculative garbage that never comes to fruition..
Old 31 Aug 2011, 07:10 (Ref:2948711)   #304
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
So who is the lucky new partner paying a reported ~$3m per season where Toll previously contributed a reported ~$2m per season??
Why couldnt it be one of the current backers looking to step up? The Mobil Holden Racing Team does sound like a good fit
Old 31 Aug 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2948764)   #305
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting to read in AA today that Toll
is stepping back from title sponsorship of the Holden Racing Team.

The story from Mr Fogarty suggests that the Toll brand shall remain as a
'minor partner' while both Rockstar Energy Drinks and Mobil 1 are back
with a larger commitment.
It's funny seeings how only a couple of weeks ago they were splashing around the headline that their sponsors had "quit".
Toll, Mobil and Rockstar were all doubtful to return and now not only are they returning but they have secured a new naming
rights and a new Holden deal.

AA couldn't have got it more wrong.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 10:48 (Ref:2948773)   #306
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
These are the hard questions that should be asked... rather than speculative garbage that never comes to fruition..
you missed my sarcasm i was more thinking along the lines of what Mr NinnyMan was thinking...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinnyMan View Post
It's funny seeings how only a couple of weeks ago they were splashing around the headline that their sponsors had "quit".
Toll, Mobil and Rockstar were all doubtful to return and now not only are they returning but they have secured a new naming
rights and a new Holden deal.

AA couldn't have got it more wrong.
Old 31 Aug 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2948835)   #307
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So going by rumors and Official Motorsport Magazines(lol),
the following is happening:

Lee of to Yatala steering 4

David R off to RNR steering 55

Alex - to Kelly/Perkins

47 - awaiting a shuffle to drop new pilot in ???

PMM - see other thread
Old 31 Aug 2011, 20:19 (Ref:2949055)   #308
BlueBlood
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
BlueBlood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I would not think Tim Slade is going anywhere, esp after his recent form.
Old 1 Sep 2011, 02:22 (Ref:2949193)   #309
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about tirty tree?
Old 1 Sep 2011, 13:18 (Ref:2949416)   #310
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlood View Post

I would not think Tim Slade is going anywhere, esp after his recent form.
thats a wild card to see if AA and MNEWS could dredge up some other theory, or maybe a driver could be taken by aliens and the usual thing that happens to yanks.

Also a little bit of fishing.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 07:28 (Ref:2951536)   #311
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Ingall to errrrr..... WP, BJR or PMM...

Same old same old... a news story? A means to perhaps flush another option out of the woodwork?

That Mr Ingall has identified that 2012 may be his last season has you wondering.. how the retired former aces will go in 2013 in a car totally unfamiliar to them, with a tyre package they have never raced on.

Some of the speed the old blokes seem to have acquired has come from experience from many seasons running on the current tyre... does that edge evaporate in the world of 18" Dunlops, likely all soft compound.. and the new car with different weight distribution
Old 6 Sep 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2951732)   #312
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Ingall to errrrr..... WP, BJR or PMM...

Same old same old... a news story? A means to perhaps flush another option out of the woodwork?

That Mr Ingall has identified that 2012 may be his last season has you wondering.. how the retired former aces will go in 2013 in a car totally unfamiliar to them, with a tyre package they have never raced on.

Some of the speed the old blokes seem to have acquired has come from experience from many seasons running on the current tyre... does that edge evaporate in the world of 18" Dunlops, likely all soft compound.. and the new car with different weight distribution
With Ingall's lack of results over the last few years, he may be encouraged to have something new to play with in 2013. Surely it's time to hang the helmet up, however "Rusty" loves his $$$.
Old 6 Sep 2011, 23:16 (Ref:2951937)   #313
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there some thing in the new supercheap tv commercial the dirt bike bathurst ad as to where he will be next year

is the 5th kelly racing car a 2 off or will it run next year ?
Old 9 Sep 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2953108)   #314
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Interesting to read in AA today that Toll is stepping back from title sponsorship of the Holden Racing Team.

The story from Mr Fogarty suggests that the Toll brand shall remain as a 'minor partner' while both Rockstar Energy Drinks and Mobil 1 are back with a larger commitment.

A different title sponsor has apparently been secured, according to Mr Fogarty...

Similarly interesting is the suggestion that WP has extended its reported $2m a season deal with Holden, to be branded the Holden Racing Team, until the end of 2013...

I would guess Coates Hire & WesTrac CAT...
So... is this the first step in the sponsorship transition?

Old 9 Sep 2011, 15:27 (Ref:2953183)   #315
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
is there some thing in the new supercheap tv commercial the dirt bike bathurst ad as to where he will be next year

is the 5th kelly racing car a 2 off or will it run next year ?
Not even a 2 off, its only running at Bathurst
Old 11 Sep 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2953680)   #316
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust no one is banking on Jeldwen for 2012, things are rocky:
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...roblems_s.html

Is it only a personal sponsorship of Courtney that remains?

Last edited by GTRMagic; 11 Sep 2011 at 06:43.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 06:44 (Ref:2953728)   #317
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Trust no one is banking on Jeldwen for 2012, things are rocky:
http://www.oregonlive.com/business/i...roblems_s.html

Is it only a personal sponsorship of Courtney that remains?
More interesting are the local struggles to get thru their EBA renewal process.. Here
Old 12 Sep 2011, 00:42 (Ref:2954183)   #318
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So... is this the first step in the sponsorship transition?

Coates Hire signage was on the HRT cars at Qld Raceway,
while it's been on the rear of the Bundy car since Clipsal.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 09:25 (Ref:2954276)   #319
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I guess Coates Hire is almost destined to join SuperCheap at WP next season..

According to MeN tonite, Mr Ingall and the SuperCheap Autos, Castrol and Holden backing, are apparently taking over the current #61 car driven by Mr Coulthard.

I wonder how the Holden dealers' spare parts departments might feel about WP apparently courting sponsorship from a non-Genuine spare parts purveyor. Especially since Holden Genuine Parts, in conjunction with Rare Spares, is a supporter of WP in Mr McConville's development series program, alongside work with HRT.

The Castrol v's Mobil1 thing would also be interesting to understand. Although in the Kmart Racing days, they were backed by Castrol while the HRT cars slurped down Mobil1...

Do we think this is real? MeN have left a little to be desired in their accuracy recently...
Old 12 Sep 2011, 09:42 (Ref:2954291)   #320
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Oh, and in another article in the same magazine, it seems Mr Lucas Dumbrell, is said to be negotiating with PMM to take over the current #39 car for its squad in 2012.

Is like the story of using a GRM car, or a newer WP car, or an FPR car?

I always thought you set yourself a plan, did it, then told everyone else what you did... seems odd to be inviting commentary?
Old 12 Sep 2011, 11:02 (Ref:2954344)   #321
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
I guess Coates Hire is almost destined to join SuperCheap at WP next season..

According to MeN tonite, Mr Ingall and the SuperCheap Autos, Castrol and Holden backing, are apparently taking over the current #61 car driven by Mr Coulthard.

I wonder how the Holden dealers' spare parts departments might feel about WP apparently courting sponsorship from a non-Genuine spare parts purveyor. Especially since Holden Genuine Parts, in conjunction with Rare Spares, is a supporter of WP in Mr McConville's development series program, alongside work with HRT.

The Castrol v's Mobil1 thing would also be interesting to understand. Although in the Kmart Racing days, they were backed by Castrol while the HRT cars slurped down Mobil1...

Do we think this is real? MeN have left a little to be desired in their accuracy recently...
Business is Business, Sponsors dollars will flow, or Supercheap ay become a Outlet as well, some of there lines are not that CHEAP.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 11:05 (Ref:2954348)   #322
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
Quote:
Oh, and in another article in the same magazine, it seems Mr Lucas Dumbrell, is said to be negotiating with PMM to take over the current #39 car for its squad in 2012.

Is like the story of using a GRM car, or a newer WP car, or an FPR car?

I always thought you set yourself a plan, did it, then told everyone else what you did... seems odd to be inviting commentary?
Could we see and AUTO something BRAND racing team running two cars?

Paul might lease it out to fund his Sprint car activities, shroud man that Paul, reckless, but shroud.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 11:16 (Ref:2954358)   #323
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Besides being wrapped up in a sheet...

He's also very shrewd!
Old 14 Sep 2011, 04:19 (Ref:2955240)   #324
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
According to AA today.. from Mr Fogarty's pen... Mr Ingall is off to WP, with SuperCheap and Holden support... Same assertion as MeN earlier in the week...

The thing that is scary is their Editor-at-large is listed as "Mark Fogerty"...

If you believe the first bit, the second bit suggests that Wilson Security is on the move, again, to join BJR with their backing. No word on what happens to TDR and/or Bundaberg Rum.

Of interest might be the illusion of Holden backing at PMM. As I understood it, the level of Holden support revolves around supply Holden-owned cars to the HPDC rather than millions of dollars the articles seem to keep alluding to. You would think it to be unlikely that this support would reduce in an Ingall-free world at PMM...
Old 14 Sep 2011, 09:40 (Ref:2955337)   #325
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well it all sounds iffy to Ingall to Walkinshaw. Why would the factory squad would want with a non-geniune spare parts competitor when Holden's association with Rare Spares is going so strongly?

Wilson Security to BJR sounds plausible, they already sponsor a Holden with TDR's WP001 VE Commie in the DV8 Series and Wilson has had their name plastered on BJR's cars ever since they swapped to The General.

With Bundy and TDR, could we see another booze sponsored Falcon?