Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Oct 2011, 05:17 (Ref:2969665)   #426
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
The story from Bathurst pitlane powder room suggests that Wilson Security & Mr Coulthard are on their way to car #14 for next year, and that another pilot, perhaps Mr Davison, may be the new seat warmer in car #21 for 2012.

No word on the final sponsorship make up, but it was interesting to see former GRM sponsor Repco appear on the front of the #8 BOC car at Bathurst!

Presuming any of this actually happened
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 12 Oct 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2969666)   #427
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
i'd prefer to trust the info from Mr Rowley's mob saying "cars" than SportsPro Mag saying "Car 33"...
Ahhhh... but you just dont quite know what kind of backing the replacement pilot may be bringing to the squad... maybe the 2 cars will look different from one another next year, to reflect the personal sponsorship each driver may bring to the team...
Old 12 Oct 2011, 05:19 (Ref:2969667)   #428
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Whispers from the top of the Bathurst mountain suggest that a deal may have been signed over the weekend to run a 4th WP-prepared Commodore for season 2012.

The story goes that a former 2 time Bathurst winner may be bringing along a REC, as well as major sponsorship for the operation of that car.

The plan is apparently to sit this additional car along side the current 3 car attack.

The REC being sourced is apparently from PMM... it isnt clear whether the driver has purchased it, or has use of it either thru lease or loan.

But it is interesting to read in AA that the Tekno team have been looking to acquire an additional REC for 2012, and that they may have actually secured one.

From PMM.

Who from the looks of things are unwinding their main game activities for next season.

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 12 Oct 2011, 05:55 (Ref:2969673)   #429
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
may be true when you think back 3 months
http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/07/04/...joint-venture/

Quote:
The two V8 Supercars team owners have commenced negotiations that could see Morris’s two Racing Entitlement Contracts join Dane’s all-conquering Triple Eight Race Engineering squad.
will we see Morris run a one car WP-prepared Commodore ?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 06:17 (Ref:2969681)   #430
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
may be true when you think back 3 months
http://www.speedcafe.com/2011/07/04/...joint-venture/

Quote:
The two V8 Supercars team owners have commenced negotiations that could see Morris’s two Racing Entitlement Contracts join Dane’s all-conquering Triple Eight Race Engineering squad.
will we see Morris run a one car WP-prepared Commodore ?
Well there may be no PMM-run main game cars if Mr Ingall takes a REC to WP, and Mr Webb buys the other one...
Old 12 Oct 2011, 06:32 (Ref:2969685)   #431
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So where does Mr.Morris and his multi-million dollar base go?
Old 12 Oct 2011, 06:36 (Ref:2969688)   #432
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
So where does Mr.Morris and his multi-million dollar base go?
His base would presumebly do what it does best, run the driving school and V8 ride cars, and Morris can continue racing the vast array of categories he competes in these days, and not have the hassle of running a team
Old 12 Oct 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2969845)   #433
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so if lee goes to Stone's who will Gary pick up. Maybe a 17 Yeard old rookie.
Old 12 Oct 2011, 21:20 (Ref:2970139)   #434
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Percat Wants to go Main Game. Now!

Seems from the tone of the article that there may not be a space for Mr Percat at WP...
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:23 (Ref:2970812)   #435
SJA
Racer

Australia
SJA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Predictions....

PMM to desolve. Ingall buys one REC to take to Walky's for fourth car with Supercheap (for now- longer term (retirement) Ingall has a REC to play with). Triple 8 take up the other REC to run Thompson and Monster in the main game. Owen to #55 (prior history with Nash and the Dumbrells), VIP to #14 (cant see Jana Living investing another year and BJR have a history of picking sponsors from disolved teams).

Percat to #61 with additional Coates $, Coulthard to #33, Holdworth to #4, A Davison to bench.

Triple F move their chassis into DJR, plug in one of their donks to become the third DJR entry (ala the Webb's in '10). Possible larger committment from Westrac to the Fiore's? (Here's hoping).

LDM change to a Triple 8 Holden package. Retain Luff.

Despite all the beat up to the contrary, Reynolds stays put.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 03:32 (Ref:2970813)   #436
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I would imagine, given that Mr Walkinshaw and Mr Coulthard seem to be spending a significant amount of time with the representatives of Rockstar in Melbourne at the moment, that something may well be cooking there. Mr Walkinshaw also seems to mention Rockstar at every opportunity, in most interviews they are a popular topic of conversation.

What makes some sense is that Rockstar could replace Bundaberg Rum on #61 (which will presumably be renumbered..)... but the question would then be if Mr Percat or Mr Coulthard is that car's pilot..
Old 14 Oct 2011, 04:12 (Ref:2970821)   #437
SJA
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I would imagine, given that Mr Walkinshaw and Mr Coulthard seem to be spending a significant amount of time with the representatives of Rockstar in Melbourne at the moment, that something may well be cooking there. Mr Walkinshaw also seems to mention Rockstar at every opportunity, in most interviews they are a popular topic of conversation.

What makes some sense is that Rockstar could replace Bundaberg Rum on #61 (which will presumably be renumbered..)... but the question would then be if Mr Percat or Mr Coulthard is that car's pilot..
#61 to be renumbered #46? The year of Tom's birth. Could co-inside well if Rusty follows suit and numbers his REC #64...
Old 14 Oct 2011, 04:13 (Ref:2970822)   #438
SJA
Racer

Australia
...64 being the year of Russell's birth for those of you playing at home.
Old 14 Oct 2011, 04:53 (Ref:2970830)   #439
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
...64 being the year of Russell's birth for those of you playing at home.
well, he tells us all it was 1964 anyway..
Old 14 Oct 2011, 12:01 (Ref:2971050)   #440
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post

VIP to #14 (cant see Jana Living investing another year and BJR have a history of picking sponsors from disolved teams).
Are you sure you aren't confusing BJR with HRT? lol
Old 17 Oct 2011, 02:11 (Ref:2972373)   #441
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its amazing the increase in profile of Archer Capital in the press now that they have the V8Supercar business on their books. You would imagine that the connections with the Bathurst title sponsor may have helped initiate This Sale

More stickers for Mr Ingall's WP-run rocket?
Old 17 Oct 2011, 06:30 (Ref:2972438)   #442
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Long bow GTR !
Old 17 Oct 2011, 06:45 (Ref:2972442)   #443
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Its amazing the increase in profile of Archer Capital in the press now that they have the V8Supercar business on their books. You would imagine that the connections with the Bathurst title sponsor may have helped initiate This Sale

More stickers for Mr Ingall's WP-run rocket?

Does he currently run B.C.F. & Ray's Outdoor stickers
Old 19 Oct 2011, 22:12 (Ref:2974039)   #444
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australian Drivers Have No Talent

according to Rod Nash who claims he is checking out the International drivers this weekend to find a replacement for Paul Dumbrell for next year

Story Here

A smokescreen perhaps to divert attention away from the Reynolds to RNR talk
Old 19 Oct 2011, 23:14 (Ref:2974062)   #445
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is all it is. (Smokescreen)
If he things you need a Nascar or Touring car driver as per the story, why has he employed a former F1 and current sportscar driver for the Gold Coast.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 04:11 (Ref:2974113)   #446
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
That is all it is. (Smokescreen)
If he things you need a Nascar or Touring car driver as per the story, why has he employed a former F1 and current sportscar driver for the Gold Coast.
Depends if the multiple legal documents allegedly coming from the KR enclave, or their legal representation, are enough to scare Mr Nash off hiring Mr Reynolds.

Certainly the noise around dumping Mr Reynolds from the KR driving roster after Bathurst went away once the other 3 cars finished ahead of him there...

I thought the RNR/FPR operation was supposed to announce their new pilot this week?
Old 20 Oct 2011, 06:14 (Ref:2974134)   #447
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Depends if the multiple legal documents allegedly coming from the KR enclave, or their legal representation, are enough to scare Mr Nash off hiring Mr Reynolds.

Certainly the noise around dumping Mr Reynolds from the KR driving roster after Bathurst went away once the other 3 cars finished ahead of him there...

I thought the RNR/FPR operation was supposed to announce their new pilot this week?
only one of them finished ahead with #11 3rd, #16 was 19th, #15 22nd & #7 24th.

maybe another dirty legal letter as a last ditch effort has delayed the announcement. IIRC i read here someone heard Canto on Bathurst radio on the Wednesday or Thursday say it would be announced in the comming week (the week after Bathurst).

i'm still thinking smokescreen.

maybe they could come to an agreement with RNR getting Dave & Ricko getting his mate Dumbrell as an enduro driver and a few $$$$$.
Old 20 Oct 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2974149)   #448
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Article
SPEEDCAFE: You’ve had part-season programs in IndyCar and Le Mans sportscars this year, what can you tell us about 2012?

BOURDAIS It’s very much up in the air. I don’t know what Peugeot wants to do, it’s a little complicated there. I’m sure they want to continue, but it’s a little difficult to sign an agreement right now. I’m trying to put something together full-time in IndyCar, so there are a couple of options which are probably not going to be a compromise like this year mixing the two. But it’s probably going to be a tough decision so we’ll see how it shakes out.
In the spirit of Mr Humphries in the Grace Bros Menswear department... "I'm Free!!"

Old 20 Oct 2011, 07:53 (Ref:2974155)   #449
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Here

In the spirit of Mr Humphries in the Grace Bros Menswear department... "I'm Free!!"

Any ideas as to what sort of coin a drive like Bourdais would command ?
Old 20 Oct 2011, 08:40 (Ref:2974169)   #450
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
Any ideas as to what sort of coin a drive like Bourdais would command ?
You would think E250k and the ability to still drive for Peugeot at Le Mans might do the job... arguably still cheaper than Mr Lowndes, Mr Whincup, Mr Tander, Mr Courtney, Mr W.Davison...