Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Nov 2011, 09:27 (Ref:2990350)   #601
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is Murph coming back? I'm doubtful
Old 23 Nov 2011, 11:01 (Ref:2990399)   #602
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
is Murph coming back? I'm doubtful
I didn't know you were thinking of coming back...
Old 24 Nov 2011, 03:41 (Ref:2990726)   #603
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
PMM To Close, Lease Out RECs

Almost exactly the story Mr Fogarty in AA has been sharing for the last 3 weeks...

Still difficult to believe the scale of the changes.. or that Mr Morris is reported to want $3m for each REC
Interesting that this story has been pulled from Speedcafe. Too close to home?

Given that it is almost identical to Mr Fogarty's AA article even this week, its a curious call...

Link still on twitter, dumped off fb...

Last edited by GTRMagic; 24 Nov 2011 at 03:46.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Nov 2011, 03:46 (Ref:2990727)   #604
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
also interesting, the original report claimed the meeting was last night.

Did the meeting happen?
Old 24 Nov 2011, 22:45 (Ref:2991038)   #605
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
also interesting, the original report claimed the meeting was last night.

Did the meeting happen?
Nothing reported anywhere, one way or the other... I wonder if Mr Fogarty was also censured for writing the exact same thing?
Old 28 Nov 2011, 07:36 (Ref:2992307)   #606
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
In other news, in the FPR pre-event update for their development series squad, it seems Mr Mostert "...will be part of a major announcement on the Wednesday before Homebush..."

The powder room suggests that this may be confirmation of a full time development series ride for Mr Mostert, prepared by FPR, hopefully a commercial sponsor to ensure that this program is well supported, as well as.. possibly announcing that Mr Mostert shall line up alongside Mr Winterbottom in #5 in the endurance races in 2012

Presuming any of this actually happened
Old 28 Nov 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2992309)   #607
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
No money at all... no need to if all Mr Reynolds needs is his helmet at the new FPR #55 home...

Interesting to read on twitter that Mr Reynolds seems to spend a lot of time with Mr Fiore's equipe too. 'Team Switzerland' it is referred to as. Wonder if it means this is neutral territory to escape the reported negativity in the KR garage
On the most recent v8nation broadcast as advertised on speedcafe, Mr Dumbrell helped Mr R.Kelly confirm that at the most recent round at Sandown, the technical debriefs for the KR squad only contained 3 drivers. One guess who was excluded....

I wonder how close to the action Stratco actually is, and how amused they might be by the apparent garbage going on behind the scenes at KR?

Presuming any of it actually happened
Old 28 Nov 2011, 23:04 (Ref:2992694)   #608
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Hart View Post
Hey y'all, Long time no speak

What's the story up at DJR? Was enjoying Sandown yesterday with some senior blokes from CCA and they mentioned something about not being on the DJR cars next year. I have just read all through this chatthread and it says the Jim Beam brand is coming off Moff's car. Maybe its coming off both?
Whispers from the SEQ powder room suggest that the above scenario is more likely to happen than not... that the Homebush event is allegedly the final time that fans shall see the Jim Beam brand on the DJR cars.

The alleged story from the beverage company sponsor came down an interesting path, that apparently that as the brand has been in the sport a while, it has achieved its desired marketing aims for brand recognition, and seen a demonstrable sales uplift... however it was difficult to continue to justify the apparent level of investment at the current level in order to achieve what was allegedly called an increasingly marginal return (i.e. some marketing bumpf in order to leave gracefully..)

So where does this leave the "new DJR Superteam" as touted by Mr Fogarty and co? The powder room seems to have some ideas on this as well.

The story goes that each of the three (four?) DJR-prepared cars next season may be brought to the track with different individual car sponsorships. It seems that each car may get its own title sponsor, which by its nature reduces the challenge of achieving such a large financial backing for two cars from a single source.

Conventional thinking also suggests that with the current rules not allowing teammates to pair up in the enduros, this model is now more attractive on-track than ever...

Plenty of names have allegedly been thrown around as replacement title sponsors...

Mr Moffat has been heavily linked to Symantec, with its Norton products for some time. Mr Johnson apparently enjoys a strong relationship with Cabcharge and that this brand may or may not feature on his car more prominently than it currently does (and did in the mid '00's). Mr Fiore is said to have unlocked a significant relationship with the Westrac group, and that this brand may or may not feature on his DJR-prepared customer car.

Presumably too, part owner in Mr Brabeck's Crimsafe operation is more than likely to take on a larger on-car branding role as well.

If the story is accurate, it seems to be all change up DJR way... presuming any of this actually happened
Old 28 Nov 2011, 23:52 (Ref:2992715)   #609
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Or Jim Beam could cut back to one car.

One car sponsorships are probably more realistic in this day and age.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 00:00 (Ref:2992717)   #610
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Or Jim Beam could cut back to one car.

One car sponsorships are probably more realistic in this day and age.
They could.. but not likely. Whether Mr Schwerkolt can get them back in 2013 would be interesting to see

DJR has been pushing their Small Business Forums for some time, encouraging smaller organisations to join the DJR experience either on car or as support sponsors, with a raft of networking opportunities. Perhaps this is the new direction their backing is heading in
Old 29 Nov 2011, 01:26 (Ref:2992738)   #611
thetormentor
Racer

Australia
Central Coast NSW
thetormentor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the whispers that I have heard, Jim Beam will not be pulling sponsorship from DJR next year, they will still be sponsoring the 2 car team, but Moffat will be running in Norton livery next year, with either Fiore or Owen to run with Jim Beam livery.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 01:59 (Ref:2992746)   #612
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so no chance of the "I'm not sure what we are doing next year" VIP Petfood $$ following Mr Owen and the ex-#19 Chassis to DJR? Assuming the shadowy board meeting occurred with the desired outcome and Mr Owen isn't in car 33 next year...
Old 29 Nov 2011, 02:17 (Ref:2992749)   #613
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Quote:
DJR has been pushing their Small Business Forums for some time, encouraging smaller organisations to join the DJR experience either on car or as support sponsors, with a raft of networking opportunities. Perhaps this is the new direction their backing is heading in
Perhaps this will assist the team if a major sponsor would pull out. A minor one withdrawing does not cease all (or the majority) of funding, therefore the team wouldn't be in financial ruin. Been there, done that syndrome

Having said all that, from the historical perspective, wouldn't it be good to see a shell falcon running out of DJR again... Heck there could even be a green shell falcon, call it Bio-Ethanol-s Tuff
Old 29 Nov 2011, 03:06 (Ref:2992758)   #614
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.dynamicbusiness.com.au/ne...-25112011.html
Quote:
Johnson sponsorship opportunities

Dick Johnson Racing (DJR) has launched an initiative to make sponsorship more accessible to small businesses, as many look for new ways to engage with their target audience.

The DJR Business Connect 2012 offers a series of affordable sponsorship packages of the motorsport team, which are flexible in duration and location.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 03:48 (Ref:2992765)   #615
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My powder room has DJR still with Jim Beam on 2 cars. No second driver yet for the No2 Jim Beam entry. Mr Moffat moves into a Norton Backed entry with a couple of new associate sponsors

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 29 Nov 2011, 08:15 (Ref:2992810)   #616
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Lucrative working for Team Vodafone... Here
Old 29 Nov 2011, 08:16 (Ref:2992811)   #617
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtpanorama View Post
My powder room has DJR still with Jim Beam on 2 cars. No second driver yet for the No2 Jim Beam entry. Mr Moffat moves into a Norton Backed entry with a couple of new associate sponsors
On DJR RECs? Perhaps... or perhaps not..
Old 29 Nov 2011, 11:06 (Ref:2992891)   #618
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Quote:
On DJR RECs? Perhaps... or perhaps not..
It was interesting to see what I thought was prominent Jim Beam signeage on Mr W Davison's helmet at the last round...
Old 29 Nov 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2992895)   #619
snappa
Racer

snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
It was interesting to see what I thought was prominent Jim Beam signeage on Mr W Davison's helmet at the last round...
Davo has had Jim Beam as a personal sponsor since his DJR Days.
Old 29 Nov 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2992903)   #620
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Yeah I figured that.

I just hadn't seen it so prominent on his helmet before last round.

It might be just me, but....
Old 30 Nov 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2993722)   #621
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to read in AA that Mr Reindler's alleged relocation to Kelly Racing's #16 next season apparently sees Wilson Security joining him in this seat.

The article didnt make mention of what happens to Stratco.. Gone??
Old 30 Nov 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2993726)   #622
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Fogarty writes in AA again today, in the missing 2 pages Here suggests that the Reynolds v's Kelly Racing contractual discussions may have become somewhat grubby.

The story as told in AA seems to consider a 'he said she said' negotiating process.. so who is right, who is wrong? Is it still a guarantee that Mr Reynolds can release himself from his 2011 employer?

Is Mr Mostert a potential alternative if Mr Reynolds isnt available to RNR?

Interesting too that Porsche racer Mr Burchartz is Mr Reynold's representation...
Old 1 Dec 2011, 02:07 (Ref:2993760)   #623
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Murphy & Pepsi back at Kelly Racing for 2012 Here
Old 1 Dec 2011, 02:12 (Ref:2993763)   #624
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Whispers from the SEQ powder room suggest that the above scenario is more likely to happen than not... that the Homebush event is allegedly the final time that fans shall see the Jim Beam brand on the DJR cars.

The alleged story from the beverage company sponsor came down an interesting path, that apparently that as the brand has been in the sport a while, it has achieved its desired marketing aims for brand recognition, and seen a demonstrable sales uplift... however it was difficult to continue to justify the apparent level of investment at the current level in order to achieve what was allegedly called an increasingly marginal return (i.e. some marketing bumpf in order to leave gracefully..)

So where does this leave the "new DJR Superteam" as touted by Mr Fogarty and co? The powder room seems to have some ideas on this as well.

The story goes that each of the three (four?) DJR-prepared cars next season may be brought to the track with different individual car sponsorships. It seems that each car may get its own title sponsor, which by its nature reduces the challenge of achieving such a large financial backing for two cars from a single source.

Conventional thinking also suggests that with the current rules not allowing teammates to pair up in the enduros, this model is now more attractive on-track than ever...

Plenty of names have allegedly been thrown around as replacement title sponsors...

Mr Moffat has been heavily linked to Symantec, with its Norton products for some time. Mr Johnson apparently enjoys a strong relationship with Cabcharge and that this brand may or may not feature on his car more prominently than it currently does (and did in the mid '00's). Mr Fiore is said to have unlocked a significant relationship with the Westrac group, and that this brand may or may not feature on his DJR-prepared customer car.

Presumably too, part owner in Mr Brabeck's Crimsafe operation is more than likely to take on a larger on-car branding role as well.

If the story is accurate, it seems to be all change up DJR way... presuming any of this actually happened
Confirmed today - Jim Beam re-sign with DJR for another 12 months. Dean Fiore to drive the second JB car. James Moffat likely to run a third car with Norton backing.

Which would suggest that DJR are holding onto Charlie's REC for one more year.

They're also talking to Morris about getting his remaining REC with VIP/Owen.
Old 1 Dec 2011, 02:19 (Ref:2993764)   #625
JC Ohope
Racer

New Zealand
Wellington
JC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJC Ohope should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Murphy & Pepsi back at Kelly Racing for 2012 Here
Great to see Pepsi back for a second round, hopefully Murph will have another 'decent year' (Lets forget the last few rounds ) and end up somewhere inside the top 10!