Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1755189)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Also just to see if the original theory would work, give this a thought.

This is based on my car (not a formula one car).

Accelerate from the lights to a third gear right hander, up to top gear then through a left/right sweep in top braking down to a right hand second gear hairpin, acclerating from there through a long left hander then down to a first gear right hand hairpin (180 degrees), then up over a rise before dropping down to a top gear right hander rising again to a third gear left hander followed by a second gear left hander then a long right hand hairpin through a sweeping right hand bend to the flag.

Where am I?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:23 (Ref:1755214)   #77
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone national circuit?
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:42 (Ref:1755233)   #78
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No, it's Silverstone International
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1755235)   #79
kivipallur92
Racer

Estonia
kivipallur92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
OK, seen as F1Fan's vanished...

That's Chimay.

RIP Colin McRae (5 August 1968– 15 September 2007)
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1755236)   #80
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It certainly is
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:45 (Ref:1755240)   #81
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And yes jab its Silverstone International.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:59 (Ref:1755256)   #82
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
OK, see if you can get this one:

Down to the first corner, a tight right hairpin, which is followed soon after by a left kink. There is then a straight leading to a tightening right. There is then another straight before a long left hander. After this, there is another straight before another long right, then a straight, with a slight left kink, before a double 90 right. Then, a short straight before a right-left, and then a tight left hairpin. It's then onto another straight, before a sharp right kink, before a final tight hairpin leading onto the S/F straight
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1755259)   #83
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab
No, it's Silverstone International
Oh, International then..

I meant this one.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:05 (Ref:1755264)   #84
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Budapest?

Pirenzo that is the International Circuit.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1755285)   #85
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yes, I realise that now. Just got muddled up with the naming conventions in use. To me, the International circuit would be the full circuit the formula 1 cars use...

jab is describing Mondello Park
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:25 (Ref:1755287)   #86
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Yep

I find it strange why Silverstone have so many layouts - GP, International, National, South and Club circuits. There only used to be 2/3 up until the mid 90's. Do they actually use half of them? I haven't heard of many races on the South or International circuits lately (the BTCC stopped using the latter a few years back)
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:31 (Ref:1755290)   #87
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
International is used for events such as F3 and the MG Festival.

There was some talk of the South circuit being licensed for racing, but I don't believe that it has ever been used.

I was commentating on Saturday in the Becketts commentary box on the National circuit, with track activity on the South and another race meeting on the Stowe circuit all in my view!
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1755296)   #88
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
International is also used for BTCC isn't it?

South circuit is purely for testing.

Stowe circuit is the antti clockwise circuit in the middle of the south circuit.

National Circuit is the old "Club" circuit.

GP Circuit is the er GP circuit.

The Historic Circuit is the GP circuit with the Abbey Chicane and Valley(?) exit straight lined.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 13:44 (Ref:1755304)   #89
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
The BTCC uses the National circuit these days

There's also the bike Luffield right-and-chicane. The main bike circuit also has the old Abbey
Old 1 Nov 2006, 21:38 (Ref:1755672)   #90
formula1fan
Racer

England
China Clay Country, Cornwall
formula1fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Number 8

jab, you're actually doing what the point of the thread originally was. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Test8.gif  
Old 1 Nov 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1755702)   #91
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congratulations to Peter too, he tried it and didn't do Chimay!

Nice thumbnail BTW formula1fan, but I am not sure if that is what jab is describing.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1756181)   #92
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
It's Albacete
Old 2 Nov 2006, 13:02 (Ref:1756182)   #93
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Easy for you to say!
Old 2 Nov 2006, 13:24 (Ref:1756210)   #94
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
This is getting a bit confusing with three different things being discussed.

formula1fan's track (post #90) is Albacete, as jab says.
jab's description (post #82) is of Mondello Park, I'm pretty sure of that. It would be nice to have some confirmation though...
Old 2 Nov 2006, 13:27 (Ref:1756214)   #95
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This is fun.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 14:33 (Ref:1756277)   #96
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Here's another one then

Accelerate from start, along short straight between trees into slowish right hander. course continues curving gently to right, under a bridge and then slightly to the left. Short straight followed by tightish left, heading immediately uphill for a few hundred yards, into a quick right-left-right between trees, walls close in. Out into a small clearing, the track kinks right, and then left back into wooded area and across the line.
Old 2 Nov 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1756288)   #97
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Here's an easy one...

Up the gears, brake hard for the first chicane. Up the gears again, brake hard for the next chicane. Third gear right, third gear right. Up the gears, brake hard for the the final chicane. Up the gears, brake a little for the third gear right, then up the gears past the apex.

(I had a far more descriptive one in the works, but accidentally erased it before posting.)
Old 2 Nov 2006, 14:49 (Ref:1756292)   #98
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
P: the club circuit at Oulton Park?
Old 2 Nov 2006, 15:34 (Ref:1756328)   #99
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Fish:

Is it Monza?

Mine is cheating slightly because its not a circuit, it's a hillclimb
Old 2 Nov 2006, 17:32 (Ref:1756407)   #100
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
jab's description (post #82) is of Mondello Park, I'm pretty sure of that. It would be nice to have some confirmation though...
Yes it is

Yours Goodwood?