Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 16 Apr 2004, 16:20 (Ref:941766)   #1
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
forzaf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Druids - Brands Hatch

Druids used to be a fantastic place for photography...especially in the middle where you can get right close to the cars and have no fences in the way.

Last year I noticed that had put up fencing and it was pretty high. Was this just for CART or it this now permanent?

Thanks in advance,
Alex
Old 16 Apr 2004, 19:27 (Ref:942005)   #2
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its been taken down now, so photography is good, but i dont know if they put the bridge to the inside back after the lorry incident.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 20:06 (Ref:942043)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I belive it has now been put back, havn't been to Brands this year yet so I am not sure.
Old 16 Apr 2004, 21:36 (Ref:942136)   #4
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What lorry incident was that then??
Old 17 Apr 2004, 05:43 (Ref:942306)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by paulzinho
What lorry incident was that then??
Apparently it was the one that made them take the bridge away.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 14:05 (Ref:942580)   #6
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really?!
Old 17 Apr 2004, 14:30 (Ref:942609)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes Paul, one of the Toca trucks hit it in the week before last years Champcar race, so it came down due to health and safety fears. Rebuilt now though, since JP has aquired the circuit.
Old 17 Apr 2004, 14:36 (Ref:942617)   #8
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Thanks for clarifying that Andrew, I noticed it wasn't there in August but didn't know why, always assumed it came down for the Champ cars for some reason.

Good to know its back though!
Old 24 Apr 2004, 21:30 (Ref:950419)   #9
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
If anyone is interested...fencing is now erect running upto druids so taking photos is almost impossible but there is nothing on the other side so you can get some decent shots of them coming out of druids.

Alex
Old 25 Apr 2004, 21:55 (Ref:951494)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The fencing on the inside of Druids is the last of the Champ Car debris fence left at Brands Hatch. Forzaf1 were you there today as I was at Druids?
Old 25 Apr 2004, 23:49 (Ref:951601)   #11
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it's not, there's fencing at the top of paddock that's not gone either isn't there?
Old 26 Apr 2004, 17:25 (Ref:952523)   #12
forzaf1
Racer

United Kingdom
Hants, UK
I was at Brands on Saturday and spent various parts of the day in different places (including Druids).

Coming out of Druids (no fencing):
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian.sav...4/DSC_0001.jpg

Coming into Druids (fencing in the way so stood on the steps going up over the bridge to get above it)
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/ian.sav...4/DSC_0006.jpg

Alex

Edit: Oversized images changed to urls, please read FAQ. Redshoes
Old 26 Apr 2004, 20:26 (Ref:952734)   #13
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
You are right Bella, the fencing at Paddock is still their but it ispropper debris fence and not the second rate fencing put up by CART. In my opinion the fencing at Paddock is needed to protect marshals and spectators alike.
Old 3 May 2004, 09:51 (Ref:959146)   #14
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i was on post six at brands for the BTCC when the FBMW tried his flying car manouver,narrowly missing Me the IO and Bloxham (if thats houw you spell his name) if it wasn't for the fence there could have been nasty consequences, might make for bad photo's but sure makes things safer, the wheel off the BMW hit the fence about 6" below the top.
Old 3 May 2004, 20:59 (Ref:959758)   #15
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Dan, I think some are referring to the debris fence on the inside of Druids. I was one or two Obesrvers on post 5!
Old 4 May 2004, 19:23 (Ref:960754)   #16
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ahh...i was looking for you at the toca meeting Stephen ..i wondered where you were posted...

also ...it was good to see the Bridge back up when i went to a bike test at Brands a month or so ago...i kinda of thought the bridge would never be put back , so i was pleasently surprised ..

Last edited by Sato san; 4 May 2004 at 19:24.
Old 4 May 2004, 21:23 (Ref:960884)   #17
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I believe Mr Palmer made Octagon pay for its replacement. Good man him!
Old 10 May 2004, 11:39 (Ref:966394)   #18
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure on the fences, but someone got an excellent shot of me going round the outside coming into druids in Nov 2003. Such a good shot in fact thats its now framed in the living room