Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 27 Feb 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1532539)   #1
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
waz29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BriSCA F1 Stockcars *Video clip* (merged)

My love is BriSCA F1 & F2 Stockcars, these per purse built Chevy V8 powered Bruits run on both Shale & Tar on Short Oval raceways around the UK.
Oh by the way its full contact!
Never seen a BriSCA F1 in action? take a look at this Video Clip from Coventry Raceway in the UK.
http://media.putfile.com/BriSCA-F1-S...oventry-Sept91
But better still go to a meeting. You'll love it.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 15:07 (Ref:1533293)   #2
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
*video clip* Onboard camera.

So you've seen a little bit of BriSCA F1 stockcar action from the other Video Clip i posted, well Turn everything up to No.10 and watch this on board Video Clip of BriSCA F1 Driver Des Chandler at Coventry Stadium U.K
http://media.putfile.com/on-board-GQ

Leave a comment if you want more Videos posted.

Last edited by kingfloopy; 28 Feb 2006 at 18:03.
Old 28 Feb 2006, 23:43 (Ref:1533567)   #3
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
*VIDEO Clip* BriSCA F1

I Can't believe you lot not 1 comment!! Have you not turned your speakers on?
have you not heard the raw Chevy V8 scream power at you? have you not witnessed Full on contact!
oh it was on Shale! want to see some Tar action, then turn on them speakers and click - http://media.putfile.com/99-Fin-GQ

if you want more info on this form of Short oval racing just ask.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1533604)   #4
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think I saw something about these cars in an old (early 80's) issue of Stock Car Racing magazine. They're pretty neat looking, kind of a combination of a sprint car and a stock car sort of like the old modified and supermodifieds they used to run in the U.S.

J.D.
Old 1 Mar 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1533799)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
The only place I've seen these things in action is at the Autosport show in the live action arena - they're normally one of the better things in there (mainly because they're loud and give it full welly despite the lack of grip).
Old 1 Mar 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1533992)   #6
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
*video* N.e.c 2006.

The BriSCA F1 At the N.E.C show 2006.
http://media.putfile.com/NEC-AutoShow2006-BriSCA-F1
Old 2 Mar 2006, 03:25 (Ref:1534339)   #7
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I merged all four posts together into one as they are the same topic. The clips are pretty neat. You can tell the racing will be good when the cars have giant tubular steel bumpers like that.

J.D.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 11:34 (Ref:1534587)   #8
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The 2006 season kicks off at Kings Lynn on Saturday the 25th March. With a bit of luck I may be able to get to the World Qualifier at Belle Vue on May Day.
Oh how I wish they could come back to Odsell Stadium (Bradford) The whole place used to shake
Old 2 Mar 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1534753)   #9
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Kings Lynn is i feel the No.1 Shale track in the UK., But if you have never been to a BriSCA Race Meeting I'd get to Coventry Stadium (same place as the Speedway) on 1st April 2006 , 9 F1 race's no support so No Horrid Bangers to endure. Go and Change your Life!
Old 3 Mar 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1535750)   #10
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've just been looking at the F1 calendar, the 9th & 10th of September looks interesting, Rockingham
When was the last time the F1's did a long track in the UK?
Old 4 Mar 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1536068)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
I've just been looking at the F1 calendar, the 9th & 10th of September looks interesting, Rockingham
When was the last time the F1's did a long track in the UK?
Is that on the long track? There were plans around to create a short oval at Rockingham - don't know if that ever came to anything?
Old 4 Mar 2006, 18:30 (Ref:1536245)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, well it would be rgeat if they did race on the big track as they used to a few years ago in Holland, but sadly 2 tons of metal hitting that wall will probly result in very serious injuries.
They are building a track at Rockingham but havent heard much about it recently so have to wait and see.
But if you after racing with a bit of a challenge get to a meeting, they race every weekend near enough in places like Northampton, Coventry, Manchester, Birmingham, Scotland, they race at Knockhill, they also race at Skegness and Kings Lynn and places like Ipswich and Buxton in the hills!
Its hard to follow of you have never been before but just ask someone, we are all friendly!!
You never know it might look simple going round in circles but there is much more to it than meets the eye, and the top giusy will pass hundreds oft iems a year and use the bumoper to do so.
PLease dont think its banger racing, the cars are 20 grand plus with 600 horsepoower, thats serious. And you get veterenas of 50 plus going up against kids of 17!
Old 5 Mar 2006, 13:30 (Ref:1536645)   #13
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chunder didn't the F1 boys do some long track races in this country a few years back. I think they used the Mallory Mile Oval, or have I dream't it
Old 5 Mar 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1536857)   #14
bwb1
Rookie

England
Caister on Sea, Norfolk,UK
bwb1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see a meeting is scheduled for Foxhall Heath, Ipswich in October. That might just get me off my settee on a Saturday night!!
Old 5 Mar 2006, 20:07 (Ref:1536888)   #15
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You should really get there bwb, the cars are awesome round the Foxhall raceway, they only went for the first time in years in 2004 and the crowd wsa huge. Basically speaking the promoter at thattrack and many others in the south dont normally run F1 meetings, they run their own formulas, but coz of the 50thy year jubilee celebrations, the cars were there and amazing, they fly so fast!
They are there this year yes and praps ,if you live near there Kings Lynn in the north of Norfolk might be a visit or perhaps Wimbledon where the track is fully enclosed and the noise has to be heard to be believed! Plus at Wimbo the fence isnt armco its rope and stake so if the cars go in they gon in hard!!

Yes SB the cars did run at Mallory a couple of years ago but the track is hard to gear for as the cars only run very similar drive ratios on the back axle, so motors would blow, hardly worthy investing in a special diff for one demo meeting! They also ran at the Lydden meeting a few years back and the same problem was encountered!

To be honest though they are too bid and dangerous on the bigger tracks! You wait til you see them and you'll see what we mean!!
Old 5 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1536919)   #16
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Got a little video clip from Ipswich 2005 meeting here -
Old 6 Mar 2006, 09:15 (Ref:1537126)   #17
bwb1
Rookie

England
Caister on Sea, Norfolk,UK
bwb1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good videos Waz. Take 10 team points.
Old 6 Mar 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1537351)   #18
jethro10
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lake District
jethro10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats manic.
It always amazes me that we have stuff like this and speedway in the UK yet oval racing at the top level is unknown to most of us....

Jeff
Old 6 Mar 2006, 20:59 (Ref:1537538)   #19
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its only unknown coz the vast majority fo the UK press arent interested in it and unfortunately the people who run are so far away form reality that they dont have a press officer or something similar helping to get people to meetings and the local presses.

We had an event recently run completely independant of the governing body, organised by a punter and he get MN involved and they were there with guys like Doran and Rob Collard haveing a go. The governing body, nowhere to be seen!

Get yourself to a meeting mate, nearest track to you is probly Belle Vue. They ran at Workington for a bit but houses rihgt nbext to track!!
Old 9 Mar 2006, 21:48 (Ref:1541986)   #20
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
We had an event recently run completely independant of the governing body, organised by a punter and he get MN involved and they were there with guys like Doran and Rob Collard haveing a go. The governing body, nowhere to be seen!
I read about this in this weeks MN. The article was OK but I would have liked to hear more about how the stock cars compared to the drivers own race cars. Looking at the main picture, considering there were only eight of them on the track, they seem to have got the F2's into a bit of a tangle
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder
Get yourself to a meeting mate, nearest track to you is probly Belle Vue. They ran at Workington for a bit but houses right next to track!!
Workington was a bit of a Mickey Mouse track, no good for F1's. They have run at Barford, near Barnard Castle they were unimpressive there, the track is too small and tight.
It depends where you are in the lake district, Jethro, but Cowdenbeith is quite easy to get too from this area. The F1,s are there on the 10'th of June, and the F2's are there most Saturday nights through the summer.

As chunder says get yourself to a meeting. Once you have been to one, you will definately want to go again.
Here's a link to the BRISCA website the all you need to know is on there. http://www.brisca.com
Old 10 Mar 2006, 12:24 (Ref:1542271)   #21
waz29
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
As chunder says get yourself to a meeting. Once you have been to one, you will definately want to go again.
Here's a link to the BRISCA website the all you need to know is on there. http://www.brisca.com
And don't forget www.briscaf2.com for the F2 info.
Old 10 Mar 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1543153)   #22
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the 04 world final and it was mad.
Totally enjoyed myself even though im more of a National Hot Rod sort of Guy.
If money was no object, id pick Rods over any series in this country tommrow!
Old 10 Mar 2006, 22:20 (Ref:1543233)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I know what you mean Min! Rods are good to watch but there is so much contact that it is pretty much a contect formula anyway!

There is just no way you can find a way past most of the time coz the tracks are so narrow and the cars so equal with grip and tyres!

But when you see someone like Colin White or Steward carving ythrough the pack it makes you realsie they are damn good drivers!

Shame there arent too many tracks for you down there, Wimbledon is probly the best or maybe you could get down to Ringwood Good Friday as they are on there, but then again probly Lydden rallyx