Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 5 Mar 2007, 07:45 (Ref:1858666)   #1
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Misano Changes

The circuit at Misano is/has been changed for the MotoGP this year. As well as the changes in layout the direction of the track has been changed to clockwise.

What is your opinion of the changes?

I personally think that they're a bit naff. Slow corners have been made slower & I can't see much hope of overtaking at the much tighter Curva de Carro. And just what were they thinking with that new slow section after Curva del Rio? I do agree with the longer run to Curva Quercia but still I just feel they could have done so much better.

If you don't like the changes either...or just think the circuit is a bit rubbish what would you do to change it? Here's a link to the original... (just scroll down to Misano)
http://theracingline.net/racingcircu...aly/index.html

I await the results with interest...

Last edited by Alwaysfirst; 5 Mar 2007 at 07:47.

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 5 Mar 2007, 08:14 (Ref:1858683)   #2
Alwaysfirst
Veteran

United Kingdom
The rural idyl.
Alwaysfirst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's my go (very much inspired by the current rubbish (IMO) edit)...

Off the start the old anticlockwise direction is used once again. Towards the first corner the track passes under the second of 2 Shanghai-like pit building estentions. However they are on a much smaller scale. However, the whole pit lane has been refurbished & modernised. The original T1 has been used again with a reasonable amount of camber added to the corner. T2 is the same. The new T3 is much looser than the original (though this has been kept as a circuit option). There is a short run to the new T4, a steeply cabered 90 degree turn. The camber continues through T5 meaning the speed onto the back straight is much faster. The T6 Kink in the straight is the same, while the run into the tighter T7 has been slightly lengthened & substantially widened. Through Ts 8, 9 & 10 the track is the same. The old arena section has been straightened out with options for a chicane to be added & a short circuit to be used. Just before the end of the straight there is the second short circuit option, slightly longer than the previous option. The new T11 is a simple but wide 90 degree right. This leads onto the really new section, along a straight to the fast & slightly off camber T12, which leads almost straight into the tight T13. There is a slight positive camber on the exit of the corner which aids exit speed & the ability to follow other cars through the corner. At T14 the track quickly kinks to the right before entering the fast & banked T15 which tightens through the corner, with the banking becoming steeper as the corner gets tighter. This leads onto the final straight, ending in a chicane, Ts 16 & 17. The exit of the chicane is wide & open to allow a smoother run onto the start/finish straight.
Run-off at all corners comes just after a small grass rim just wide enough to punnish drivers for going too wide. The run-off itself is very high grip tarmac, a la Paul Ricard.
Wihlst there is no room for grandstands along the strat/finish straight, the start & first corner can be easily seen from the numerous other large grandstands around the track. There is seating for 150000 people. This combined with low ticket prices & the Tifosi would make the atmosphere quite incredible.

Opinions....

RIP Marco Simoncelli, 1987-2011. 2008 250cc champion
Old 6 Mar 2007, 12:42 (Ref:1859775)   #3
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My changes are pretty drastic. I shortened the main straight, thus moving the start/finish line down further toward Curva Misano. The pit exit is now after Curva Misano due to the shortened main straight. The next change is to Curvone Veloce, which has been moved further down and tightened. The moving of Curvone Veloce has made Curva Tramonto slightly faster. The next change is to Curva Quercia. The turn itself has changed from a 135 degree corner to a 180 degree corner. It has also moved. The moving of the corner has added a left-turn sweeper, which combined with the right-turn sweeper already there, makes a pretty quick s-bend. The next change is a moved and reprofiled Variante Arena. Another noticable changes is the run before and after Curva del Rio with a couple of sets of sweepers I dubbed Serpente del Rio Uno and Serpente del Rio Due, which is Italian Snake of the River One and Snake of the River Two. The sweeps were added to keep the speeds down a bit. The last couple of changes are to the pit entrance and Variante del Parco. Variante del Parco is moved further down the track and is reprofiled. Due to the moving of Variante del Parco, the pit entrance is now before the chicane, instead of at the second corner.
Attached Thumbnails
New Misano.GIF