Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Mar 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3810355)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Unbelievable! Well done Mr Pye.!!

Mr Brown is well pleased...

The wet strategy was a big goose egg..

WOW!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Mar 2018, 08:36 (Ref:3810356)   #77
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Yes Yes Yes!!

I could barely watch those last couple of laps. So tense. Well done!! Fantastic drive in such challenging conditions.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3810358)   #78
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice win for Robby Starr multiple championship winning engineer! Just let him design so fast bits for the cars (a tidy front suspension that is beyond compare in excellence of camber gain, minimal bump steer etc etc) and perhaps there is little doubt the mighty WAU will be up the front and leading the way!
Old 24 Mar 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3810359)   #79
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Really good race - the intensity was massive right from the start.
Congratulations to Scotty Pye - really pleased for him that he's won his first Supercar race - first win for the new WAU as well so Scotty has really done himself proud.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 09:03 (Ref:3810361)   #80
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Congrats to Mr Pye.

He's certainly worked for it this evening, and pretty much his career in the maingame thus far.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3810363)   #81
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Brilliant race with uncertainty until the end. Very happy Pye hung on and good race for 'Walk And Unite'
Not often these days I am on the edge of my seat for the end of a race but I was.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3810369)   #82
GM10
Veteran

Italy
Mantua
GM10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good job for Pye and WAU. Really bad for Scotty, I thought he could have won easily.

Jamie a bit cautious in the rain, he thought to the points after Race 4 victory.

Sorry for Mozzie. He did a great undercut and took a great pace after the pitstop.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 10:21 (Ref:3810372)   #83
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Percat made mention in one of his post race interviews that it was difficult for him to make out the damp line & the wet line on track near the end of the race.

The likely dew at Eastern Creek at later in the night later in the year will make that interesting...
Old 24 Mar 2018, 14:27 (Ref:3810404)   #84
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Simona is a hazard this weekend, barging through people left, right, and centre. Must have been to the John Bowe School of Overtaking in the off-season......
Put a fork in her - shes done in this series !!!!!
Old 24 Mar 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3810405)   #85
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
SCOTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YES

Finally

what an awesome race and Im so happy for Scotty the team. I still cant help think its still HRT or the aftermath of. Im wrapped.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 16:39 (Ref:3810441)   #86
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
SCOTTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YES

Finally

what an awesome race and Im so happy for Scotty the team. I still cant help think its still HRT or the aftermath of. Im wrapped.
HRT? Holden Replacement Therapy.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3810443)   #87
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Haven't paid particular attention for few years now but that was so great, the way it happened.

The track looked amazing in the darkening dusk, I wish they'd extend the Saturday race to around 40 laps next year (squeeze the extra laps by removing the morning sprint race) while starting at the same time, so there would be be proper early night running by the end. The cars have headlights - even if currently tiny ones - and can find their way around as shown here, they don't need any lame extra circuit lighting.

It also gives a nice contrast to F1 when stuff like this happens right next to qualifying
Old 24 Mar 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3810445)   #88
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Haven't paid particular attention for few years now but that was so great, the way it happened.

The track looked amazing in the darkening dusk, I wish they'd extend the Saturday race to around 40 laps next year (squeeze the extra laps by removing the morning sprint race) while starting at the same time, so there would be be proper early night running by the end. The cars have headlights - even if currently tiny ones - and can find their way around as shown here, they don't need any lame extra circuit lighting.

It also gives a nice contrast to F1 when stuff like this happens right next to qualifying
Many drivers were complaining they could not see the wet patches on the track. The TV cameras made it look a lot lighter than it was.

Old 24 Mar 2018, 17:04 (Ref:3810447)   #89
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Many drivers were complaining they could not see the wet patches on the track. The TV cameras made it look a lot lighter than it was.

If you look at the coverage you can see that Whincup didn't actually ignite his headlights until lap 24 of 25, that alone should tell you that it wasn't really THAT bad (even considering they don't really help much under the stickers)

Anyway, would it be beyond the realms of possibility to just modify the headlights more akin to what they have in GT cars, ie actually illuminating the track rather than being mostly cosmetic
Old 24 Mar 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3810449)   #90
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
If you look at the coverage you can see that Whincup didn't actually ignite his headlights until lap 24 of 25, that alone should tell you that it wasn't really THAT bad (even considering they don't really help much under the stickers)

Anyway, would it be beyond the realms of possibility to just modify the headlights more akin to what they have in GT cars, ie actually illuminating the track rather than being mostly cosmetic
I live a handful of kilometres from the track. Trust me, it was dark. The street lights in my street were on and had been for a while. Sponsor Stickers over WHincup's headlights probably made them useless.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 17:19 (Ref:3810450)   #91
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I live a handful of kilometres from the track. Trust me, it was dark. The street lights were on and had been for a while.
Oh I'm not arguing against the darkness itself, in fact that's pretty much what I already said in my first post, I was merely pointing that the visibility from the drivers point of view cannot be too bad if a driver with slick tires on damp track won't put his headlights on until 2 laps from the finish.

With improved headlights you could go on for even longer with the current track configuration. At the very least, remove the stickers some teams have put on top of them
Old 24 Mar 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3810452)   #92
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutely great race!

Why must we change this series again?
Old 24 Mar 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3810492)   #93
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:

Headlights are a battery drain on an already sensitive electrical system...
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:10 (Ref:3810505)   #94
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done Scott Pyle!
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:12 (Ref:3810507)   #95
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Headlights are a battery drain on an already sensitive electrical system...
Percat's were working fine.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:24 (Ref:3810511)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Put a fork in her - shes done in this series !!!!!
According to pitlane chat, she's off to another team next season.
Old 24 Mar 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3810513)   #97
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Hmm BJR have history with HN?
Old 25 Mar 2018, 01:30 (Ref:3810540)   #98
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Yep, Yep I have been reading between this lines of news feeds. Maybe a differnt manufacturer can improve her results
Old 25 Mar 2018, 03:07 (Ref:3810549)   #99
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

Good. She can’t do any worse then where she is
Old 25 Mar 2018, 03:18 (Ref:3810553)   #100
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reynolds wins with Percat 2nd. Rather lamely, the race got shortened by two laps even though it's an hour and a half to the F1 race.