Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 9 May 2012, 10:54 (Ref:3071668)   #1
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Two Hour Enduro at Brands Hatch GP

OK this depends on the uptake BUT

360 Motor Racing Club are planning to expand our Eudurance racing for 2012 and into 2013.

As an experiment, we are planning a two hour race (with 30 min qualifier) for 1 or 2 drivers on the imfamous Brands Hatch GP circuit in mid September (15th or 16th). This will form part of the MSVR GP meeting.

The concept is simple, it will be an endurance race for the CLUBMAN
there will be several classes or "Races within a Race" with awards of 1st 2nd and 3rd for all classes.

The classes are still to be confirmed but we are thinking as follows

"Classic 360" - just like the original race, cars whose MODEL is 21 years or older (not the actual car) Production Saloons and GT's split into subclasses by engine size
"Roadsports/Production Sportscars" From Caterhams to MR2's as were popular at last weekends 360, they were dubbed "The Alternative LMP1 class"
"V8's Muscles and star spangled banners" anything big or American ...or Both
"Invitation and Charity Cases" If its in the "Spirit of the race" we will endeavour to find a place for you with this class.

We need to gauge take up, if it works then we will make it part of our calendar for future years, but if there is no take up, then we wont.

So 30 mins quali, 120 mins race , Brands Hatch Long circuit, September 15 or 16th .....

for more info and to register your interest email brandsgp@360mrc.com

Thanks
Claire
360 MRC
Old 14 May 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3074385)   #2
Podd37
Racer

Ireland
Dublin
Podd37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooh me likey!
Old 14 May 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3074459)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Will you enter then?
Old 14 May 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3074464)   #4
Mike Sheraton
Racer

United Kingdom
Hemel Hempstead
Mike Sheraton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does sound very good, would be interested as we were gutted to be racing the same day in our own championship during the 6 hour meet.
Although excuse me if I ask, what sort of price range would it be in? I'm not trying to be too upfront, but It would have an impact on whether we could compete or not, if its anything like the 6 hour value we'd be happy!

Cheers,
Mike
Old 14 May 2012, 18:12 (Ref:3074477)   #5
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Sheraton View Post
Does sound very good, would be interested as we were gutted to be racing the same day in our own championship during the 6 hour meet.
Although excuse me if I ask, what sort of price range would it be in? I'm not trying to be too upfront, but It would have an impact on whether we could compete or not, if its anything like the 6 hour value we'd be happy!

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike

Its as cheap as we can do it....its the long circuit so comes at a premium, which is not goverened by us but the circuit owners

details of the entry fee is on the website and we believe, for a 2 hour race plus 30 min qualifier for up to two drivers on the Long GP circuit at Brands....it is very good value for money

ta
C
Old 14 May 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3074482)   #6
adam46
Racer

United Kingdom
Isle Of Wight, UK.
adam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridadam46 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well not that this will matter much; But to me this has spectator value!

It only matters if it has a motor...
Old 14 May 2012, 20:22 (Ref:3074548)   #7
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm trying to push the co driver into committing ! With a bit of luck we will be there
Old 14 May 2012, 20:52 (Ref:3074568)   #8
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Are you doing it Claire?
Old 15 May 2012, 00:03 (Ref:3074637)   #9
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
details of the entry fee is on the website........
C
could you just tell us please?
Old 15 May 2012, 06:13 (Ref:3074663)   #10
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry, It's out if my league. I'll save the entry and put it towards the six hours next year.

Besides that every time I've raced on the GP circuit I've destroyed the car or the engine. :thumbup::confused:

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
Old 15 May 2012, 06:14 (Ref:3074664)   #11
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry about the gibberish in the last post, I haven't got to grips with Tapatalk yet...

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2
Old 15 May 2012, 07:21 (Ref:3074678)   #12
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
850.. presumably that includes VAT....
Old 15 May 2012, 07:50 (Ref:3074689)   #13
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
thnaks Dan; I've a chance to race at Phillip Island next year so think I'll pass and save for that instead.
Old 15 May 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3074696)   #14
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
thnaks Dan; I've a chance to race at Phillip Island next year so think I'll pass and save for that instead.
Sounds like a plan! Not jealous at all.......
Old 15 May 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3074712)   #15
IAN #51
Racer

England
WALSALL WEST MIDS
IAN #51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Friel View Post
No it's plus vat

Not bad for Brands Gp
Old 15 May 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3074714)   #16
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:

David...I told you in an email earlier in the week (Mike Heath mail etc you were copied in)

People

The HRDC, HSCC, CSCC, MASTERS etc do not post their prices in here, we would prefer not to either

For clarification. the price of this race is on the website. If you go to 360 SHOP and click on " SHOP" you then get "Club Merchendise" or "Race Entry" click on Race Entry and it is displayed for all to see.

This price is DEPENDANT on entry, the more entries, the less it would be, we have always operated on that model....to our own misfortune if we are honest.

The circuit is not a cheap one, we know that and that is the nature of the beast, but consider the fact that it iis a circuit that many do not get to race on that often. If the concept of the original 360 was upheld by ALL then you would have 40 odd cars....and a lower entry fee, in the mailshot that went out to our database we say EXACTLY that.

I have added a post also on the front page of the site, it states that deposits are required now and that the price could fall if entry is high

We cannot make a horse drink, but I dont think anyone will say that we have not led it to the water enough times now.

Entry is open, several are entered already, deposits are required....YOU KNOW YA WANNA ....ITS THE GP CIRCUIT!!!! (or have you all forgotten when we were starting the 360 and everyone said "Well...if you were to do it on the GP circuit at Brands.....")

We ARE

ta
c
x

Last edited by MartinSmith; 15 May 2012 at 09:08.
Old 15 May 2012, 09:23 (Ref:3074721)   #17
midgetman
Veteran

>>>>>The HRDC, HSCC, CRSCC, MASTERS etc do not post their prices in here,

Just because someone else does something doesn't make it right.

£850 plus VAT is just over a grand according to my calculator, which unfortunately puts the race outside my budget for this year unless the lottery comes along.

See you at Snetterton in May 2013
Old 15 May 2012, 09:35 (Ref:3074725)   #18
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
>>>>>The HRDC, HSCC, CRSCC, MASTERS etc do not post their prices in here,

Just because someone else does something doesn't make it right.

£850 plus VAT is just over a grand according to my calculator, which unfortunately puts the race outside my budget for this year unless the lottery comes along.

See you at Snetterton in May 2013
Indeed it is....but...if you and 30 others came in...it wouldnt be !!! ha ha

I understand.......you need to start selling HANS!!!!!
Old 15 May 2012, 14:31 (Ref:3074831)   #19
snowen250
Veteran

snowen250 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck with this Claire, ive always meant to come along and see the race at Snett, but ive always been busy.

A 2 hour race at the GP loop however sounds great. I cant comment on cost as im merely a spectator, but hopefully you will have a good turnout and a great race!

Simon
Old 16 May 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3075181)   #20
yesnomaybe
Racer

yesnomaybe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
would it be a good idea for the OP to state what the entry fee would be if there was say 20 / 30 / 40 entrants? a reduced entry fee would look more appealing and you'll probably find a lot of drivers from each club who are interested in endurance racing

having said all that the cost per minute as it stands isnt hugely off the mark, would estimate that 800 (including vat) is as cheap as it could get even with a full grid
Old 16 May 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3075228)   #21
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
I've just come off a conference call with Claire Smith, the 360MRC chairman and we have a further meeting scheduled for tomorrow. We're very optimistic for both the viability of this race and our ability to make the entry fee as reasonable as possible.
However (and it's a big however), although we are being bombarded with 'yeah, I'm interested' messages, (and we've already received one fully paid entry - thank you) we've heard much of that before each of our 6 hour races at Snetterton. Apart from the '360MRC' culture which continues to grow, we are committed to bringing endurance racing to the clubman and national competitor and all we ask is that we cover our organising and operating costs. We need your committment in return.
So, make your plans, support this initiative, prepare your cars and drivers and commit to this wonderful opportunity to race for 2 hours on one of the most iconic circuits in Europe. Whatever the entry fee, it will be the lowest that we can make it.
Old 16 May 2012, 11:34 (Ref:3075237)   #22
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I've just come off a conference call with Claire Smith, the 360MRC chairman and we have a further meeting scheduled for tomorrow. We're very optimistic for both the viability of this race and our ability to make the entry fee as reasonable as possible.
However (and it's a big however), although we are being bombarded with 'yeah, I'm interested' messages, (and we've already received one fully paid entry - thank you) we've heard much of that before each of our 6 hour races at Snetterton. Apart from the '360MRC' culture which continues to grow, we are committed to bringing endurance racing to the clubman and national competitor and all we ask is that we cover our organising and operating costs. We need your committment in return.
So, make your plans, support this initiative, prepare your cars and drivers and commit to this wonderful opportunity to race for 2 hours on one of the most iconic circuits in Europe. Whatever the entry fee, it will be the lowest that we can make it.
He's right ya know....I can waffle on etc etc but in the end, our RACE DIRECTOR is telling the truth.

I'd love to say "we can do it for this" but until you give us entries we cant.

Give me 48 entries (max allowed now) and you could have a two o hour race at Brands for under 800 (as per post before)and (as was the original concept of the six hour) imagine paying for a race ....then getting A CHEQUE BACK FOR DOING IT!!! because that is what we would do if the entry was great.

sup to you

Ta
C
Old 16 May 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3075243)   #23
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=johngee;3075228]
"although we are being bombarded with 'yeah, I'm interested' messages, (and we've already received one fully paid entry - thank you) we've heard much of that before each of our 6 hour races at Snetterton".

John,

I,m one of those who have said i,m interested, but all i had back in reply was "we will make a class for you and that it was expensive". I missed out with the Heritage GTs on the GP circuit last year as i had the blown engine, but did have the consolation of being in the safety car for the weekend, so i am particularly keen to get the chance again with this longer race.
What i, and i,m sure many others would like to know is if this is an allcomers race or is it going to have a historic flavour, and what are the class structures ??
I,ve been a staunch supporter of the 360 MC from the beginning and will continue so, but please can us "potentials" have just a little more detail please. Pretty please.

Graham.
Old 16 May 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3075249)   #24
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
OK this depends on the uptake BUT

The concept is simple, it will be an endurance race for the CLUBMAN
there will be several classes or "Races within a Race" with awards of 1st 2nd and 3rd for all classes.

The classes are still to be confirmed but we are thinking as follows

"Classic 360" - just like the original race, cars whose MODEL is 21 years or older (not the actual car) Production Saloons and GT's split into subclasses by engine size
"Roadsports/Production Sportscars" From Caterhams to MR2's as were popular at last weekends 360, they were dubbed "The Alternative LMP1 class"
"V8's Muscles and star spangled banners" anything big or American ...or Both
"Invitation and Charity Cases" If its in the "Spirit of the race" we will endeavour to find a place for you with this class.

for more info and to register your interest email brandsgp@360mrc.com
Hi Graham

Claire set out an approximate class structure at the begining of this thread. The exact Class structure will be dictated by the actual entries in the 'true 360MRC fashion' but there WILL be a class for you and we want you, your car and as many similar cars as possible.
Old 16 May 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3075260)   #25
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
[QUOTE=johngee;3075249]Hi Graham

"Claire set out an approximate class structure at the begining of this thread."

Oops sorry,

I must go to specsavers or pay more attention.

Graham.