Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3909839)   #1351
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone else having problems with Eurosport Player? For me the page shows a dozen Le Mans streams, but not the usual feed plus onboard but the main feed a dozen times with their links indicating that they link to different national streams of that stream like dk for Denmark etc.. However on every stream it tells me that the content isn't available in my country (Germany) :-(

*EDIT* Yep, Twitter is full of it. F*** Eurosport!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3909843)   #1352
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by villeneuve View Post
Anyone else having problems with Eurosport Player? For me the page shows a dozen Le Mans streams, but not the usual feed plus onboard but the main feed a dozen times with their links indicating that they link to different national streams of that stream like dk for Denmark etc.. However on every stream it tells me that the content isn't available in my country (Germany) :-(

*EDIT* Yep, Twitter is full of it. F*** Eurosport!
I had the same problem I tried multiple times and restarted my browser. Now it works..
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3909845)   #1353
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
I'm hearing McNish and Goodwin on Eurosport feed so they're using WEC comms today...

Still no no-comms but 800% improvement.
Everything is better than the commentators they had in for yesterday
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:24 (Ref:3909847)   #1354
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
WEC streaming -- which I PAID for -- has died for me. Not happy.

- Jeff
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:34 (Ref:3909858)   #1355
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The WEC video screen says:
The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported.

It was fine earlier in the session.

*sigh*
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3909862)   #1356
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I was streaming from my lap top through the projector. Stream was a bit choppy, but that could've been down to the office bandwidth or the actual work I was attempting. Yes, I mostly worked during that time. Will do so again shortly Conference room is booked all afternoon today
I just got my stream on motortrend at work, looks good so far.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3909869)   #1357
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I just got my stream on motortrend at work, looks good so far.
On a computer, I assume.

I still have a bit of choppiness, but it's in the video only, so it's a problem in France

edit: sound becoming choppy too.

I'll still blame the French!

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 13 Jun 2019 at 18:04.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3909917)   #1358
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mark Coles just called Matt Campbell, Mike Campbell and Dempsey Proton, Dempson Proton. Does no one at Eurosport actually listen or review their coverage?? Why pay so much for coverage and then put these lot on?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:14 (Ref:3909918)   #1359
Irie
Racer

My eurosport feed only shows #3 onboard..
EDIT: now works again
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:28 (Ref:3909923)   #1360
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Mark Coles just called Matt Campbell, Mike Campbell and Dempsey Proton, Dempson Proton. Does no one at Eurosport actually listen or review their coverage?? Why pay so much for coverage and then put these lot on?
Earlier on, one of them said you take the second chicane flat.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:31 (Ref:3909925)   #1361
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
On a computer, I assume.

I still have a bit of choppiness, but it's in the video only, so it's a problem in France

edit: sound becoming choppy too.

I'll still blame the French!
I've had the stream going flawlessly on motortrend website all afternoon. no chop, or reduced quality. RLM stream is working great too.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:33 (Ref:3909927)   #1362
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
My eurosport feed only shows #3 onboard..
EDIT: now works again
Yeah this was in the feed itself and it was temporary... probably someone just messed up when changing the onboard channels.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 20:34 (Ref:3909928)   #1363
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3909943)   #1364
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just be thankful that the tennis isn't on the live feed for Eurosport
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:38 (Ref:3909953)   #1365
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is timing any better in the WEC app? Tracker?
Old 13 Jun 2019, 21:47 (Ref:3909956)   #1366
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Is timing any better in the WEC app? Tracker?
No, it's crap.

Ford will be streaming the Alkamel timing on race day. For qualifying we have nothing good now that the ACO shut down the only good system. We're not allowed nice things.
Old 13 Jun 2019, 22:02 (Ref:3909962)   #1367
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It works, but it’s not great in the execution. Could look nicer and be set up to be easier to read. Doesn’t have all the info. either.

The tracker is nice, but can jump and just seems gimmicky. I wouldn’t want to actually plan by strategy using it.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 05:08 (Ref:3909993)   #1368
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Ford will be streaming the Alkamel timing on race day.
Explicitly confirmed somewhere?

Stream is listed now here: https://www.youtube.com/user/FordRacingTV

in the description it says: "live Ford GT onboard cameras and live audio commentary of the race"
Old 14 Jun 2019, 07:00 (Ref:3909997)   #1369
valedave
Racer

United Kingdom
valedave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridvaledave should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Official timing is so so bad. No best sector times, not even current sector times. Just activate livetiming.alkamelsystems.com/fiawec, it's not hard. Or is that diverting too many eyes away from your precious app?

This is the timing from Q3: #95 shown in 29th, at +32.503s and the #67 in 30th at +32.615 seconds. No words really.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3910014)   #1370
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Explicitly confirmed somewhere?

Stream is listed now here: https://www.youtube.com/user/FordRacingTV

in the description it says: "live Ford GT onboard cameras and live audio commentary of the race"
They said it on a reply on Twitter. So not officially official confirmation but apparently they did it last year too.

Current situation is a farce. Shutting down good systems and forcing you to use bad ones. What are they trying to do? Force everyone to use the site? The site that doesn’t cope with the current load?

Saying the current system is bad is being generous to it. For qualifying it’s not fit for purpose. For the race it’s atrocious.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3910088)   #1371
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I heard that! Thought I must've mis-heard due to tiredness. lol.

Couldn't even work out what they were meant to be referring to - the kink? :/
Old 14 Jun 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3910091)   #1372
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I heard that! Thought I must've mis-heard due to tiredness. lol.

Couldn't even work out what they were meant to be referring to - the kink? :/
Probably not even the same track. Eau Rouge is a chicane I suppose. That's flat in some cars.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3910103)   #1373
villeneuve
Racer

Germany
Germany
villeneuve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
More likely just too nitpicky adaptive stream which automatically lowers the quality when it detects a drop in connection quality, imho Eurosport Player has rarely bandwidth issues.

ps. If you want to access a hidden 720p50 quality use Kodi (htpc software) and its unofficial plugin (you still need a valid Player subscription). This quality is probably officially available only on some tv/console apps or something like that but it is available always and has been for a long time.
Thanks for that hint. I usually use Kodi but hadn't done so so far this year and I'm suprised that it gives access to a much better picture quality stream. It had some freezes though so I still think Eurosport Player servers had some trouble. It's often the case when the German football Bundesliga has a live game exclusively on Eurosport, too.
Old 14 Jun 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3910123)   #1374
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Awesome we get Ford onboard streams!! Hope they are archived post race too. The youtube channel jarenson usually catches the Porsche onboards a few days after the race by the way. I guess the only way to get those ones live is on the WEC app I guess?
Old 14 Jun 2019, 19:31 (Ref:3910201)   #1375
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does anybody know the full run down of where to access the GTE class onboards for the race tomorrow?

Here's what I have so far. Looking for BMW, Ferrari, and more Porsche streams.

Youtube:
66/67/68/69 Fords via Ford Performance Youtube Channel

MotorTrend TV App?
93 Porsche
64 Corvette
69 Ford

FIA WEC App?
…..

Eurosport Player?
…..