Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Dec 2004, 23:25 (Ref:1175756)   #1
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help! Need info on a certain Renault chassis...

How can I know who drove the Renault R202, chassis 02 and in which races? Does anyone know this or a website?

Thanks!
Old 10 Dec 2004, 01:35 (Ref:1175827)   #2
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.americanracefan.com/2002/.../Ren042702.htm
Quote:
Qualifying -- Spanish Grand Prix
Date Saturday, 27 April, 2002
Circuit Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, Spain
Weather Hot and sunny
Temperatures Air Min: 23°C Max: 24°C
Track Min: 27°C Max: 29°C

Chassis R202-02 Spare car (JB)
R202-01 Race car, Jarno Trulli
R202-03 Race car, Jenson Button
Trulli Button
http://www.americanracefan.com/2002/.../Ren021802.htm
Quote:
Renault F1 Team
Date: Monday, 18 February 2002
Circuit: Silverstone, England
Weather: Sunny
Temperature: Air: 10¡C Track: 12¡C

Jarno Trulli R202-02 63 laps 324 km
http://www.americanracefan.com/2002/.../Ren030302.htm
Quote:
Date: Sunday, 3 March, 2002
Weather: Sunny
Temperature: Air: 19¡C Track: 22¡C
Jarno Trulli R202-02 RS22 Spec A 8 laps
Jenson Button R202-03 RS22 Spec A 0 laps
http://www.americanracefan.com/2002/.../Ren033002.htm
Quote:
Qualifying for the Brazilian Grand Prix Circuit Interlagos, São Paulo, BrazilDate Saturday, 30 March, 2002
Weather Hot and sunnyTemperatures Air Min: 32°C Max: 33°CTrack Min: 46°C Max: 47°CChassis R202-01 Spare car (JT)R202-02 Race car, Jarno TrulliR202-03 Race car, Jenson Button
http://www.americanracefan.com/2002/.../Ren041402.htm
Quote:
Race -- San Marino Grand Prix
Date Sunday, 14 April, 2002
Circuit Imola, Italy

Weather Cloudy with sunny spells
Temperatures Air 20°C
Track 23°C

Chassis R202-01 Spare car (JT)
R202-02 Race car, Jarno Trulli
R202-03 Race car, Jenson Button
So it was Trullis race car (the above isn't a complete list, just top google results..), though both Allan McNish and Fernando Alonso has used it too:

http://www.jarnotrulli-ukfc.co.uk/Ne...003%20News.htm
http://www.jarnotrulli-ukfc.co.uk/Ne...003%20News.htm

I'd think that Renault F1 can give you more info if you want to buy it...
Old 10 Dec 2004, 04:46 (Ref:1175842)   #3
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
good job!!

nkh you do an impressive job. Are you a detective in real life ?
Old 10 Dec 2004, 10:50 (Ref:1176013)   #4
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkh
I'd think that Renault F1 can give you more info if you want to buy it...

Oh, I wish I could buy it! I have no money to buy a single nut off it. It's only that this car was on show at a Renault dealership in my hometown. It is the first F1 car I've ever been able to touch, so I wanted to know its history. Thanks nkh!
Old 10 Dec 2004, 11:14 (Ref:1176033)   #5
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ive touched the car that Michael Schumacher won the 1997 Japanese Grand Prix in at a historic car meet at Phillip Island.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 12:48 (Ref:1176112)   #6
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
The Yoof today

Guys, get a life! Touching something as crass as a Michael Schumcher car - get a life. You'll be telling me next that you have actually seen him without his crash helmet on!

However to be fair with the current crop of girlies hiding in their motorhomes you can't get to see them let alone talk to them!

What you need to do is get out more!

Go to the Formula Three meetings where the young drivers are only to eager to chat. So long as you don't drool and can string together a coherent sentence or two you should be OK.

Best of luck, it sounds like you need it!
Old 10 Dec 2004, 13:27 (Ref:1176156)   #7
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a harsh post!

Not every motorsports fan is able to make it to the track to watch much racing. Hell, if I wanted to talk to just an F3 driver I would have to fly across the ocean, or 5,000 miles south of here...

Many people get excited when they see an exotic road car - that ever happen to you? I haven't ever seen an Enzo or a Saleen on the road (or in a garage, or at a dealership). And that's not even an F1 car.

Just because seeing an F1 car up-close and in person doesn't make an impression on you doesn't make someone else lame because they get excited...
Old 10 Dec 2004, 14:07 (Ref:1176194)   #8
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson
Guys, get a life! Touching something as crass as a Michael Schumcher car - get a life. You'll be telling me next that you have actually seen him without his crash helmet on!

However to be fair with the current crop of girlies hiding in their motorhomes you can't get to see them let alone talk to them!

What you need to do is get out more!

Go to the Formula Three meetings where the young drivers are only to eager to chat. So long as you don't drool and can string together a coherent sentence or two you should be OK.

Best of luck, it sounds like you need it!
Sorry to exist, Mr. I'Ve Seen Everything.
Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:28 (Ref:1176320)   #9
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Being close to an F1 car is something to talk about. As for extending this to how you can talk to F3 drivers, I don't understand. F3 meeting are fun and you can wander around the paddock, but the current situation in F1 can never be like that. In addition there are plenty of F3 drivers who have less than riveting conversation. Don't get me wrong an F3 paddock is a great place to be and enjoy motor-racing, but just because you've been there doesn't make it better than somewhere else. Also talking to an F3 driver can be interesting, but in some ways it is like talking to a climber before he has conquered Everest.

All this is off topic anyway. Lets get back to the interesting discussion.

Jordi, do you have any pictures? What was it like? What livery was it in? Which race spec?
Old 10 Dec 2004, 16:43 (Ref:1176329)   #10
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've seen one of DC's Williams and McLaren, and one of Hill's Jordans. I've seen a Barichello Jordan too
Old 10 Dec 2004, 17:11 (Ref:1176356)   #11
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo
nkh you do an impressive job. Are you a detective in real life ?
Hehe, nope, I was just bored at the time and it turned out that google made it quite easy
Old 10 Dec 2004, 17:13 (Ref:1176359)   #12
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordi
Oh, I wish I could buy it! I have no money to buy a single nut off it. It's only that this car was on show at a Renault dealership in my hometown. It is the first F1 car I've ever been able to touch, so I wanted to know its history. Thanks nkh!
Oh, cool, though I hate those dealerships that won't let you test drive their cars
Old 10 Dec 2004, 22:42 (Ref:1176619)   #13
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Yeah, it's a drag, I really wanted to at least sit in it.

OK, so this is the R202-02:

There's also me in the picture, but I'm uninteresting really. So, the car did have some scratches on the nose and sidepod, maybe due to transportation. The steering wheel did not have the shifting paddles, nor there was a racing seat. There wasn't an engine but there was the gearbox, as it was visible. The spec.. Looked like a normal one, no high or low downforce, just standard.

I digged a little deeper and have found that Trulli, Button, Alonso and McNish all drove this car. The first time it was wheeled out on track it was February 19th, 2002, and the last time it hit a track was on May 8th, 2003. The car stopped travelling to races mid-2002 as probably updated chassis were built (05 and 06 particularly appear a lot towards the end).

if it's too big just tell me!