Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 8 Apr 2007, 23:12 (Ref:1886832)   #1
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
terryobeirne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1988 & 1989 BTCC info.

guys, I'm trying to assemble a list of the 1988 & 1989 BTCC rounds as part of an application for a historic log book for my ex Dowsett/TOMS Corolla. I've tried various sites which just give a points tally showing the car won class D. does anyone have a breakdown??. thanks
Old 12 Apr 2007, 08:16 (Ref:1889528)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Try this:

http://www.btcc-racing.com/results/

It lists all rounds, entries and winners I think?
Old 13 Apr 2007, 07:06 (Ref:1890195)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Probably the most complete archive of touring car results on the web seems to be Frank de Jong's site http://etcc-history.it4us.nl/ but I don't think he's got BTCC results posted beyond the early 70s so far. However, I used to keep notes of the results back then, and a while back I offered to send Frank a copy of what I had- I'm just putting these together at the moment, so if you pm me an email address, I can send you a copy of what I have- they're not 100% complete, but think I've got the majority of the two seasons you want
Old 13 Apr 2007, 07:39 (Ref:1890208)   #4
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
KA, thanks for that kind offer of helping terry out, very generous of you. I would think terry has been getting quite frustrated in locating sources that help him trace the history of his Corolla.

terry how is progress by the way?
Old 13 Apr 2007, 08:15 (Ref:1890229)   #5
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
Probably the most complete archive of touring car results on the web seems to be Frank de Jong's site http://etcc-history.it4us.nl/ but I don't think he's got BTCC results posted beyond the early 70s so far. However, I used to keep notes of the results back then, and a while back I offered to send Frank a copy of what I had- I'm just putting these together at the moment, so if you pm me an email address, I can send you a copy of what I have- they're not 100% complete, but think I've got the majority of the two seasons you want
The current (and hopefully final) URL is http://etcc-history.it4us.nl/ by the way. Since 1976 takes me 3 months so far, 1988 might be up in mid-2010 - I guess you don't want to wait that long...
Old 13 Apr 2007, 08:17 (Ref:1890231)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank de Jong
The current (and hopefully final) URL is http://etcc-history.it4us.nl/ by the way. Since 1976 takes me 3 months so far, 1988 might be up in mid-2010 - I guess you don't want to wait that long...
I suspect he doesn't, but thanks for the update Frank! We look forward to seeing the results of your further work in 3 years.
Old 6 Apr 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3054519)   #7
Frank de Jong
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
Frank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFrank de Jong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank de Jong View Post
Nice to see an old post - it took me a little longer to reach 1988 (it was december 2011). Still, not a bad guess. I'm working on 1989 right now.
Of course, the URL changed in the meantime!