Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 May 2004, 04:55 (Ref:962203)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perkins L1 franchises sold?

Does anybody know if there is any truth in the rumour that Tony Longhurst has bought the two Level 1 Franchises. If so will that mean Longhurst slots into the second L1 beside Steven Richards.

Last edited by pete55; 6 May 2004 at 05:02.
Old 6 May 2004, 05:14 (Ref:962208)   #2
outsider
Rookie

outsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May have somthing to do with the team testing arrangements as I think there are problems with allowing Perkins to test with having al franchises under his name. I think similar with HRT and Team Brock last year. ALthough I could be wrong.
Old 6 May 2004, 08:55 (Ref:962304)   #3
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If the price Larry was asking is indeed true, they will never sell, unless another UK based engineering firm is looking at Australia....
Old 6 May 2004, 09:09 (Ref:962314)   #4
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
god I hope not.
Old 6 May 2004, 09:49 (Ref:962337)   #5
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Just Do It!
If the price Larry was asking is indeed true, they will never sell...
I thought that was the whole idea JDI. From what I understand, all Larry has to do is put the things on the market. That they never sell is not an issue...

Bit like saying my house in Wagga is on the market.

For $25 million...
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 6 May 2004, 10:26 (Ref:962362)   #6
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll buy it...
Old 6 May 2004, 10:38 (Ref:962373)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
C'mon guys get with the program.... the intention seems clear enough... sell the franchises with a legal caveat that never sees them leave the effective financial control of the original owner... rather like the sale of some other mob that happened recently on the never never plan....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 May 2004, 10:42 (Ref:962377)   #8
pete55
Veteran

GTR, is there any word on Perkin's testing restrictions being lifted or are they status quo.
Old 6 May 2004, 10:46 (Ref:962379)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Its on the current Holden investigation timeline... which means things stay in a holding pattern until LP complies with Mr O'Reilly's requirements. No testing is what LP wanted, and if he isnt careful, might be what he gets too!

Doesnt seem to be slowing Richo down too much tho
Old 6 May 2004, 11:21 (Ref:962402)   #10
pete55
Veteran

Larry might resort to legal action to liven things up a bit.
Old 6 May 2004, 11:24 (Ref:962405)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its not Bathurst yet is it? Cant be time for Larry to bring out the bush lawyer talk
Old 6 May 2004, 12:21 (Ref:962473)   #12
Ric Wilson
Rookie

Ric Wilson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If LP has sold(leased, promised, sold his soul)it would be a sad day indeed. He is simply following Holdens lead. In the future(or in HRT's case now) the monetary value will not be in the team but in the Company that supplies the team with everything it needs. What does Holden Motorsport do again?? Larry will now be able to supply as many teams as he wants without TEGA interference. License to print money.
Old 6 May 2004, 12:46 (Ref:962500)   #13
pete55
Veteran

I think the tide is turning from HRT to PWR now though isn't it?
Old 7 May 2004, 04:36 (Ref:963075)   #14
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All Larry will do is sell the franchises to a shelf company to put legal separation between his Level 1 franchises and the & the Nash (Longhurst ) franchise.

Currently they are lumped together so that every time the 3rd car tests it costs them 2 test days - same as what happened to FPR last year.

Larry isn't going anywhere in a hurry.