Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 26 Sep 2004, 16:33 (Ref:1107427)   #1
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Single Seater Racing In Scotland?

I may be moving to Scotland in the next 12 months. Does anyone have any info on single seater racing at Knockhill? I am looking for a Monoposto/F4/F Libre type series that I can race an F Vauxhall Junior in. Any ideas?
Old 26 Sep 2004, 17:38 (Ref:1107489)   #2
heel'n'toe-no
Veteran

United Kingdom
Albrighton, Shropshire
heel'n'toe-no has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You should try and contact James Davidson of Broxburn. He runs his car (2.0 Reynard FVL) at Kirkistown. If anyone knows what class you can run in it would be him. Unfortunately I have not got any contact details for him but you could try Richard Young at Kirkistown Circuit on 02842 771325. James's details must be on file at the circuit. You could perhaps join him in the 500MRCI championship next season. We'll make you welcome.

Good luck.
Old 26 Sep 2004, 20:38 (Ref:1107685)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Although a Scottish championship might be more appropriate...

I think the only single-seater series currently running at Knockhill is that for FF Zetec.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 14:52 (Ref:1108376)   #4
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian Sowman

I think the only single-seater series currently running at Knockhill is that for FF Zetec.
Thanks Ian, I was afraid of that, isn't it time for a club series along the lines of Mono/ F4/ BARC-SEC Single Seaters then?
Old 27 Sep 2004, 18:11 (Ref:1108613)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair Scottish FF does seem to struggle for numbers so perhaps opening up the entry would be the way to go.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 21:29 (Ref:1108871)   #6
Mackmot
Veteran

United Kingdom
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Mackmot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should speak to David Taylor who owns Taylor Motorsport in Scottish FF. Hes basically our B team because he runs 2 of our old cars with our super knockhill set up.
Old 12 Oct 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1121944)   #7
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Thanks all. I have had a reply to an e-mail that I sent to the Scottish Motor Racing Club in which I requested that they consider introducing an Open Single Seater Series in to which the current F Ford Zetec Class could sit. Unfortunately, I was told that they have no such plans as single seaters are not currently "in fashion" in Scotland at the moment. They will, however, be introducing new series' for Radicals and Minis next year.

I am still not sure what is meant by "not in fashion" but I guess that they mean that there is no competitor demand. Which comes first, though, the opportunity to race or competitor demand? 8-9 regular competitors in F Ford Zetec is hardly sustainable and they could increase grid size, and competitor and spectator value, by opening things up in a multi class series. BARC-SEC open single seater type regs but modified to allow a defined Zetec Class and a Kent class might be a good way to go. You might even get some competitors across from Ireland from their "F Ireland", "F Sheane" or "F Libre" series or, from suitable cars currently being used in the Scottish hillclimb scene. Can't see anything wrong with the idea myself! Oh well!
Old 12 Oct 2004, 16:35 (Ref:1122348)   #8
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A very short sighted view from SMRC? Will certainly ensure that I am unlikely to visit Knockhill in the forseeable future.I seem to remember a Libre race at Ingliston when I was last there 10years ago.