Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 5 Dec 2002, 12:31 (Ref:443223)   #1
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
jenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
tony kanaan

you'll all have to excuse me, i'm not sure if this is even the right forum to post on, i got a little bit confused with all the options. (i will admit strait up that i'm just a girl so go easy on me!) i was wondering if someone knew and could tell me how tall tony kanaan is. this sounds like a stupid question but this is the only statistic i couldn't find on my own. have been looking around the stupid internet for ages to no avail, so i just thought i should come strait to the experts....
Old 5 Dec 2002, 12:36 (Ref:443227)   #2
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I recall him walking past me along the fence at a race, he's a little shorter than me and I'm 5-8...if that helps...welcome aboard, Jenna...

P.S. -- "Just a girl" is okay with us!
Old 6 Dec 2002, 07:05 (Ref:443935)   #3
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome jenna,

I Saw him in Denver and he wasn't as tall as I had expected. He was a little shorter than me and I'm 5'7". His web sight says he is 1.68 meters (www.tonykanaan.com.br)
Old 6 Dec 2002, 12:21 (Ref:444106)   #4
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
welcome aboard jenna , always nice to have a ladies perspective on our favourite sport
Old 7 Dec 2002, 09:24 (Ref:444913)   #5
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
haha then i will do my very best to only write legitimate perspectives and not carry on and on and on about good looking guys driving really fast cars hahaha
Old 7 Dec 2002, 13:13 (Ref:445007)   #6
indycool
Veteran

indycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridindycool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, then, we'll keep it super clean on topic and not carry on and on and on about good lookin' girls watchin' good lookin' guys driving really fast cars!
Old 9 Dec 2002, 12:43 (Ref:446258)   #7
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
aw, u know i think we can do a little bit of that! did u know in a recent survey Australian women listed F1 drivers as the sexiest occupation? so i guess it is a legitimate view, and both the girls and the guys probably need to be discussed (but i think visual aids and field trips will be necessary to discuss the drivers.........)
Old 9 Dec 2002, 21:40 (Ref:446554)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
LOL, oh yeah field trips would be fun , but would the drivers actually get any driving done ????
Old 10 Dec 2002, 16:25 (Ref:447063)   #9
indycool
Veteran

Jenna, an OT question for you about Surfers. Fans up here have severely criticized how that race was handled under the unfortunate weather circumstances and have started calling it the "Blunder Down Under."

Nowhere have I seen what folks in your country thought of the race, not even in the Gold Coast paper websites, etc.

Were people upset? Okay with it?. I'd be interested to hear.
Old 11 Dec 2002, 14:02 (Ref:447618)   #10
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
MARCUS - its funny u would say that because ppl are often telling me they can never get ANYTHING done when im around... not sure if thats meant to be a compliment or not!!! Tony Kanaan would probably get a lot of driving done trying to get away from me!
INDYCOOL - im still pretty new to the sport so dont take what i say as gospel. it was a very disappointing race, and i can imagine it was very frustrating for the drivers, but im not sure what anyone can really do in that sort of situation. i think the first priority should always be the safety of the drivers and spectators. maybe you could tell me who did something wrong and ill go look up their number and we can prank call them or something hahaha thatll teach 'em!
Old 11 Dec 2002, 17:00 (Ref:447727)   #11
indycool
Veteran

Jenna, the thing was just unfortunate but I don't think CART or the promoters were very well prepared for what faced them. In a situation like that, the biggest question in my mind is, "why wasn't running the next day an option?" for that situation. And I'd bet it WILL be next year. IMO, CART started that race under unsafe conditions and sent two drivers to the hospital who were lucky they weren't killed because everyone got backed into a corner by logistics and panicked.

Anyway, back on original topic, if Kanaan is 5-6 or so, does that meet your criteria?
Old 12 Dec 2002, 14:26 (Ref:448361)   #12
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
i think the reason the race wasnt run the next day was that it would have been highly inconvenient. because the race was on a sunday many ppl (including a few friends of mine) just went up for the weekend and were due back at work monday. it would have been a nightmare for the promoters in the aftermath. Aussies can get very touchy about their sports! i agree though that this is absolutely no reason to put the drivers lives in danger. i think maybe the reason they werent really prepared for it is because the rain was so unseasonable. this country has been in a crippling drought for so long now, and the weather on the saturday was perfect - not a cloud in the sky...

well he is quite a bit shorter than me, i am 176cm i think thats about 5'9, or 5'11 in stilettos! but he definately meets the rest of the criteria esp cos he is a capricorn .........
Old 12 Dec 2002, 16:12 (Ref:448429)   #13
indycool
Veteran

Well, okay...if you can overlook that part, we'll just hafta get IRL to schedule a race down there for ya or you'll just hafta come to Indy next May!
Old 14 Dec 2002, 13:17 (Ref:449784)   #14
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
i will SO definately be at surfers next year just try and stop me! just look for the tall girl being dragged away by security for harassing tony...
Old 14 Dec 2002, 13:26 (Ref:449789)   #15
indycool
Veteran

But that's why I said IRL or Indy...Tony's racing in IRL next year and won't be at Surfers.
Old 16 Dec 2002, 07:55 (Ref:450887)   #16
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
o yeh i read that on racing one think im getting forgetful in my old age. well ill just have to get myself a rich boyfriend with a passion for motor sports wholl take me on an IRL tour next year. i am officially the worst person on this earth at saving so itll never happen on my own! ill get back to you with progress reports, u may just have the 'unique' experience of meeting me hahahahahha!
Old 16 Dec 2002, 13:16 (Ref:451088)   #17
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indycool: Re: 'Blunder Downunder', I did up a report on the event a little while ago for the 10-10ths newsletter. Basically speaking, nobody could possibly win from it. They couldn't race, but on the other hand they couldn't just sit in the sheds and come back tomorrow. I think people understood, they had plenty to drink, and will come back next year. Personally, my biggest gripe was the contrived finish, when they could have called the race at 36 laps. Forcing everyone to sit around in the wet after sunset for another 5 laps was stupid.

Here's a pic I took of Tony in the pits on Saturday
Attached Thumbnails
dsc02108.jpg  
Old 16 Dec 2002, 22:04 (Ref:451431)   #18
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
mmmmmm thanks for that one, mite have to swap it with my tony-in-race-uniform wallpaper for a while. anyway what crash test said is pretty much wat i was trying to say except in non-motor-educated terms! completely off topic, crash test (or any other aussies) do u know somewhere on the net i can get a good indy logo for my mobile? was just looking and found nothing. (am i supposed to start a new thread wen i want to go off topic? cos i go off topic a hell of a lot!!!!!!!!)
Old 16 Dec 2002, 22:08 (Ref:451436)   #19
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
o yeah sorry, does that mean u met him? i want to know everything. (and i mean every little detail!!!)
Old 16 Dec 2002, 22:16 (Ref:451444)   #20
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jenna- I spent a fair bit of the weekend floating around pit lane when I wasn't in the media centre. I didn't really get talking with, just a "Hi, how're you going? can I get your photo?" sort of thing. I've stuck a few of the photos up at www.qrda.asn.au/pics.html and if you want a higher resolution one for your desktop, drop me an email
Old 17 Dec 2002, 14:03 (Ref:451840)   #21
indycool
Veteran

Well, Jenna, if you or you and a rich boyfriend can make it to Indy for the 500, you've got a place to stay...seems like everyone else stays at my place in May...

Thanx, Crash Test, I kinda got that idea and Jenna's response was similar...sounds like everyone just considered the whole thing unfortunate for one year and the race will withstand it next time.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 02:52 (Ref:452301)   #22
jenna
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
haha do you have a few of those friends who r nowhere to be found during the rest of the year but come may they r your best buddy again? anyway my birthday is in may so that would b a kick-ass birthday party dont you think? believe it or not i actually love watching the races too not just the drivers, i cant think of a better way to spend my 22nd.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 04:43 (Ref:452359)   #23
indycool
Veteran

Well, c'mon up....I KNOW we can find you a Foster's or two for the occasion and somebody more versed than me in it can probably find a cake! And yes, I do have some of those friends but most of us do on the westside of Indy. In the subdivision right across from the front straightaway, we have out-of-towners parking in the same yards for many years and have just BECOME friends with the homeowners that way.

We'll just tell 'em the name of the race has been changed from Indianapolis 500 to Jenna's Birthday Party.
Old 18 Dec 2002, 05:27 (Ref:452387)   #24
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
indycool- quick note: Australian's don't drink Fosters
Old 18 Dec 2002, 06:29 (Ref:452409)   #25
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Off topic. What do folks in Australia drink? We here in the US just get to believing the noise our media fills our heads with. Very often the image we see and assume to be true is far off the mark. If you wanted a proper beer from home you might have to bring it with you. On the other hand, if you are open to trying new stuff. If you make it to a race in the states, we can introduce you to some of the local brewed beers. There are quite a few good ones.