Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 May 2006, 13:41 (Ref:1618662)   #1
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony Kanaan replaces Barrichello at Monaco

At least his helemet is anyways.

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=119152

Rubens is wearing Kanaan's helmet in Monaco and Kanaan is wearing Rubens helmet at the Indy 500. Seems those are the 2 races each would like to race so they switched helmets for this upcoming weekend. I think its pretty cool.
I think I would have liked to see a good driver cross over to a place like Monaco. I know it would never happen exspecially with 12 teams now. But when there were 10 it would have been cool to see Bernie buy a couple of cars (lord knows he has the money) or get a third car from a team and have lets say Rossi race or Paul Tracy, or SeaBass, maybe Jeff Gordon, or someone from WRC have a shot at Monaco. Could have been interesting

Good luck to both Rubens and Tony this weekend
Will they swap back if they both win with their new helmets?
Old 25 May 2006, 13:46 (Ref:1618665)   #2
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You've already pulled this one off in the IRL forum.
Old 25 May 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1618669)   #3
boom boom
Racer

boom boom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You got me

Though it is to bad that nobody could just show up with a decent car and give it a try, like they could at the Indy 500 (not that they do that anymore not like they used too anyways)

But if you could have any driver you wanted race Monaco at least once who would it be?
Old 25 May 2006, 14:07 (Ref:1618686)   #4
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this all seems a little random, long as there happy
Old 25 May 2006, 14:44 (Ref:1618710)   #5
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I hope they change the radio apparatus.

Jock Clear: You'll need to go faster, you're four tenths down on Jenson
Tony Kanaan: Who the hell are you?
Old 25 May 2006, 14:50 (Ref:1618713)   #6
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom boom
I think I would have liked to see a good driver cross over to a place like Monaco. I know it would never happen exspecially with 12 teams now. But when there were 10 it would have been cool to see Bernie buy a couple of cars (lord knows he has the money) or get a third car from a team and have lets say Rossi race or Paul Tracy, or SeaBass, maybe Jeff Gordon, or someone from WRC have a shot at Monaco. Could have been interesting.
Put Augusto Farfus in a WTCC Alfa and he would win the Sunday race after (physically) demolishing the opposition
Old 25 May 2006, 17:20 (Ref:1618796)   #7
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's cool. Good to see Kanaan being noticed a bit around the F1 paddock. Immensely talented guy.
Old 25 May 2006, 17:25 (Ref:1618798)   #8
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans
I hope they change the radio apparatus.

Jock Clear: You'll need to go faster, you're four tenths down on Jenson
Tony Kanaan: Who the hell are you?
Haha.
Old 25 May 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1618824)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Cool. Maybe one get more lucky.
Old 25 May 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1618839)   #10
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
barrichello's helmet will bring back luck to kanaan, lol...
Old 25 May 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1618896)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps Kanaan will be slower than all his teammates on Sunday, after a good qualifying.

Seriously, this is a nifty little thing to do. Utterly pointless, but it's a little bit of fun between friends!
Old 25 May 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1618942)   #12
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'm just waiting for someone to come out with the reason that it is an outrage...
Old 26 May 2006, 00:49 (Ref:1619121)   #13
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'm waiting for a helmet joke that has the name danica patrick in it :P
Old 26 May 2006, 01:08 (Ref:1619131)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, we're waiting for you to tell us then...
Old 26 May 2006, 03:36 (Ref:1619172)   #15
Boro
Racer

Boro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Well, we're waiting for you to tell us then...
hope you've got patience lol, cuz u'll be waiting for a long while
Old 26 May 2006, 15:25 (Ref:1619557)   #16
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I'm just waiting for someone to come out with the reason that it is an outrage...
Well, I think it's an absolute outrage .............. that you could possibly think that is possible!
Old 26 May 2006, 16:23 (Ref:1619593)   #17
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I think that it is appaulling that racing drivers think that they can just switch their helmets willy-nilly so as to confuse the already confused "casual viewer".Tis an'ourage oi tell yer.
Old 26 May 2006, 16:28 (Ref:1619598)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The casual viewer doesn't even bother to look at the helmets anyway.

They sit there, wondering what they are watching, waiting for a crash.
Old 26 May 2006, 16:39 (Ref:1619609)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

And I won't even bother to look for a different helmet in one of those running cars in the streets of Monte Carlo, it certainly won't be with the front runners...
Old 26 May 2006, 16:50 (Ref:1619614)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

Sometimes i sit there wondering what i am watching.Usually when the Spanish,Monaco,French and Hungarian GP's are on.

The FIA should mandate more crashes but i fear that it would go against their cost-cutting crusade.

Last edited by Marbot; 26 May 2006 at 16:53.
Old 26 May 2006, 20:58 (Ref:1619793)   #21
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
The casual viewer doesn't even bother to look at the helmets anyway.

Whereas with NASCAR that is what the connoisseur does, .

(Before anyone goes mental, I myself watch NASCAR - not a connoisseur mind).