Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Aug 2009, 08:42 (Ref:2527744)   #1
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No Indian GP for 2011

Well despite 'ol Bernie trying to export F1 to new markets, it seems the plans for the Indian GP will not get off the ground.

I am currently in India with work and the Indian GP Management team cannot get enoguh money together to pay Bernie and Co for the rights.

It has been revealed that the Indian Govt and investors do not actually classify motorsport as a "sport". Seems they realilse that the money woudl be better spent on infrastructure for sports where the masses can play-enjoy,

So, personally whilst its a shame to see that they cant make the most of an opportunity in front of them i think it is a great thing that India is not getting a GP.

The infrastructure isnt there, i am not sure there is a real passion for motorsport (especially when it comes time to pay for tickets) and even with Force India in the ranks i think there are already too many GPs in places where the stands are empty and the crowds dont care....all whilst there are some great traditional tracks that are being shelved.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 08:49 (Ref:2527749)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Shame.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2527894)   #3
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hollywood, Bollywood. Formula 1, Bore-me-la 1.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 12:54 (Ref:2527901)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No India then.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2527979)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently not. *Oh well...............*
Old 25 Aug 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2527994)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
No Indian race will ultimately lead to no Indian team.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 15:15 (Ref:2528004)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Um,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Apparently not. *Oh well...............*
Old 25 Aug 2009, 15:18 (Ref:2528006)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Who's the "Indian"..Tonto ?

No Force India then.

A link (via 'tom tom').

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...s-in-the-post/
Old 26 Aug 2009, 09:37 (Ref:2528404)   #9
AshMcD
Rookie

AshMcD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
No Indian race will ultimately lead to no Indian team.
I don't know, VJ's business interests are not just India and I think if he was that attached he wouldn't take the attitude of "We'll have an Indian driver when/if there is one good enough".

Has he said anything about pulling out if there's no Indian GP?
Old 27 Aug 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2529315)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's not a bad thing after all.