Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2017, 14:45 (Ref:3700318)   #101
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Two shots that just amused me during the year;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0097.jpg   _MG_3400.jpg  
Old 5 Jan 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3700322)   #102
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't realize you were a 'leg man' Bob?
Old 5 Jan 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3700329)   #103
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
One of the first race meetings I attended was a race at Boreham in 1952, and my first brush with death when a C. Le. S Metcalfe ran out of road in his Fiat Ballila.
Ah - Christopher Le Strange Metcalfe, otherwise known as "Dickie". He's been discussed in these parts before. Besides his racing exploits he was a double agent in the war, codename "Balloon".
Old 5 Jan 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3700332)   #104
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No apologies from me for continuing my 'vintage' theme. This one was taken on the Flying Scotsman Rally in April last year as the event passed through North Yorkshire - this section was on the North York Moors.

These were some of the last cars to pass though and it was starting to get dark and very wet. My car was parked a couple of miles away (I'd combined the event with some walking on the moors) and as I started to head back I just managed to get this rear-end shot. With a bit of vintage colouring added I always thought it added to the overall mood at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Flying Scotsman Rally 2016_1013_10Tenths.jpg  
Old 5 Jan 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3700335)   #105
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Didn't realize you were a 'leg man' Bob?
Farmers love fat calves,

Giles.
Old 6 Jan 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3700474)   #106
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mark Hoble splashing his way around Castle Combe at the Autumn Classic in his TR2. See #26/27. :-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2648SSJT.jpg  
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 7 Jan 2017, 04:06 (Ref:3700740)   #107
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scrubbing some tyres.
Attached Thumbnails
1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED5240.jpg  
Old 7 Jan 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3700808)   #108
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
a few more
Attached Thumbnails
1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED5293.jpg   1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED5402.jpg   1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED5030.jpg  

1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED5324.jpg   1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED5217.jpg   1024px_60_2016forTT_V10Beta_ONED4960.jpg  

Old 8 Jan 2017, 08:53 (Ref:3700948)   #109
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see a couple of Reliants in there, particularly since Sabre stalwart, Geoff Cooper passed away recently.

This was one of my favourite images of the year and one I believe Brian has used as a screensaver. Brian Arculus and Jonathan Smare entering the hairpin at Mallory at MGCC meeting.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0985SSJT.jpg  
"It's pure joy. This was the perfect training for the WEC after a summer of not racing, even though the car is faster than LMP2." Nicolas Minassian after lapping at 123mph in the Group C Jaguar XJR-14, setting a new outright lap record for the historic GP circuit at Silverstone Classic in 2013!
Old 8 Jan 2017, 11:34 (Ref:3700980)   #110
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
This is 2016 Spa Classic, first HTC race .
Attached Thumbnails
D4S_9106_w.jpg  
Old 8 Jan 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3701038)   #111
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's a few more from last year.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4394.jpg   IMG_4404.jpg   IMG_4567.jpg  

IMG_4574.jpg   IMG_4993.jpg   IMG_5546.jpg  

Old 9 Jan 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3701171)   #112
Dougie
Rookie

United States
Pacific Northwest
Dougie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Favorite.....
Attached Thumbnails
Goodwood Bunnies.jpg  
'57 100-SIX MM #414 G2
Old 9 Jan 2017, 07:27 (Ref:3701183)   #113
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post

This was one of my favourite images of the year and one I believe Brian has used as a screensaver. Brian Arculus and Jonathan Smare entering the hairpin at Mallory at MGCC meeting.

I did John - but have now replaced it with one of yours from Castle Combe of the Mk IX in the rain

Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3701194)   #114
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
My Favorite.....
What sort of people do we have posting here?

I am shocked, disgusted, appalled ....................

Do you have any more?
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3701198)   #115
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
I have several of those. Is it the one with you shading your eyes, Brian?

In the meantime, one of Nigel Winchester in his special bodied AC Ace Bristol, known as the Venezuelan car as it spent much of its racing life in South America, I believe. What interests me about this shot is that it reminds of some of those old B & W shots from the early days of racing when the cars looked as though they were leaning forward, something no doubt to do with shutter size and speed:-
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3124SSJT.jpg  
Old 9 Jan 2017, 09:40 (Ref:3701200)   #116
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
My Favorite.....
I have 20 minutes of in car footage of the playboy bunnies from the 2011 Revival.

My Gopro ran out of puff just as I was lining up on the grid after the green flag lap!
Old 9 Jan 2017, 10:50 (Ref:3701224)   #117
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
I have several of those. Is it the one with you shading your eyes, Brian?

No - it is this one

Attached Thumbnails
Desktop Background.bmp  
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:12 (Ref:3701227)   #118
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Ah, OK - better accredit that one then, as it is one Jeff Bloxham took.
Old 9 Jan 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3701234)   #119
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Oops - sorry Jeff
Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:43 (Ref:3701317)   #120
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A few from Spa 6 Hours weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
2016_1.jpg   2016_2.jpg   2016_3.jpg  

2016_4.jpg   2016_5.jpg   2016_6.jpg  

Old 9 Jan 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3701326)   #121
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Assorted others from UK.
Attached Thumbnails
032.jpg   034.jpg   039.jpg  

214.jpg   224.jpg   360.jpg  

Old 9 Jan 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3701370)   #122
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I enjoyed that race the result made it even better! Interestingly in your second one that's Willy Toye in the TR V8. He started working with me about two weeks after Spa. We'd never met before but know the same people.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3701527)   #123
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I enjoyed that race the result made it even better! Interestingly in your second one that's Willy Toye in the TR V8. He started working with me about two weeks after Spa. We'd never met before but know the same people.
Peter. I owe you an apology, I thought that was you in pic number 4.

Silly me.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 09:26 (Ref:3701541)   #124
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm, nope you've lost me there.
Old 10 Jan 2017, 10:42 (Ref:3701560)   #125
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Hmm, nope you've lost me there.
Probably just as well, Peter, I would hate to incur your wrath.