Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:33 (Ref:3300874)   #26
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
about 12PM for central Australia and Japan.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3300889)   #27
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
About 3 hours earlier would be good for you down under barbie with a few stubbies and relax for the race.

and for Europe I think its a good time as well have breakfast, watch the race (although I am not a fan of Bahrain). Then there is time to enjoy the afternoon. For those in America F1 does not really mater so it will only be the hardcore fans who will get up to watch at 5AM if its on the telly there.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:51 (Ref:3301005)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
8 to 10 AM is the standard down here.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3301616)   #29
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A potential spanner in the works for Bernie's 21 races.
It appears that one of the engine manufacturers has asked the FIA about the situatation where there will be more races than originally planned and with 5 engines for the season (4 races per engine). There will now need to be changes to the regulations to take account of the extra race and the regs have to be in place very soon.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109802
Old 10 Sep 2013, 19:35 (Ref:3301618)   #30
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Bahrain 2014 confirmed as a night race. The decision whether the "night" race will start at 5pm or 6pm local time is still to be made.

How would this time slot effect the other parts of the world where F1 is taken more seriously?

In Australia for example, that's a 1:00am start time!
Oh this will be interesting. I quite like night races - an evening/night Brazilian GP would be pretty spectacular, as well, to finish the season off under the lights...

At least it's a way for the FIA to liven up the Bahrain GP a bit. Not a bad idea... novelty breeds (temporary) happiness.

Quote:
For those in America F1 does not really mater so it will only be the hardcore fans who will get up to watch at 5AM if its on the telly there.
You should be ashamed of yourself!! I don't even watch NASCAR except for the road courses...
Old 10 Sep 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3301620)   #31
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
A potential spanner in the works for Bernie's 21 races.
It appears that one of the engine manufacturers has asked the FIA about the situatation where there will be more races than originally planned and with 5 engines for the season (4 races per engine). There will now need to be changes to the regulations to take account of the extra race and the regs have to be in place very soon.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109802
Now it's Sochi vs. Yeongam vs. Mexico City. Who will take the drop?

Mexico City's only good racetrack (Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez) has no real room to expand and developing that track up to FIA Grade 1 standards will be a tremendous challenge. But it looks like there's money behind it.

Sochi's funding has been a bit unstable and its date isn't 100% confirmed, and Yeongam has been looking a bit shaky as of late. If we drop down to 20 races, I'd bet Sochi will take the hit.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 01:19 (Ref:3301811)   #32
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Bahrain 2014 confirmed as a night race. The decision whether the "night" race will start at 5pm or 6pm local time is still to be made.
The night run was the selling point for me, trying to get over there this year for my first F1 event. Have a lead on some paddock club passes so it will be worth the 20 hour long trip to get there.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 10:37 (Ref:3302013)   #33
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Your first F1 race will be in Bahrain? It's your time and money of course... but wouldn't you rather go to Spa? Monza? Monaco? I spend silly amount of money on races every year but I'd never go to Bahrain.

Last edited by Down F0rce; 11 Sep 2013 at 10:56.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3302081)   #34
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I went to some pretty good ones in the past, but now I'm saving my money for something better.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 19:53 (Ref:3302319)   #35
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce View Post
Your first F1 race will be in Bahrain? It's your time and money of course... but wouldn't you rather go to Spa? Monza? Monaco? I spend silly amount of money on races every year but I'd never go to Bahrain.
In some ways I agree. But the Singapore F1 GP is on the very top of my list (given my odd fascination with street circuits and night races), so I'm not exactly the living example of a "normal" F1 addict.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3302327)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Yes, but given that the tickets are free for Bahrain and not so much for Spa or Monza I'm thinking Bahrain it is. Yes the airfare is expensive but not much more, and would you give up the pit walk access that comes with paddock club passes? But yes, would much prefer he could get Spa, Monza, Silverstone or COTA tickets instead.
Old 11 Sep 2013, 20:21 (Ref:3302341)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

"Free" is the magical word here for you...
Old 11 Sep 2013, 20:29 (Ref:3302346)   #38
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Exactly
Old 11 Sep 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3302436)   #39
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't turn down free tickets for F1. I'm sure it'll be a great experience, especially if you've never seen modern F1 cars in action before. They really are spectacular.
Old 13 Sep 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3303082)   #40
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
I wouldn't turn down free tickets for F1. I'm sure it'll be a great experience, especially if you've never seen modern F1 cars in action before. They really are spectacular.
Also a great cultural experience - never been to Bahrain myself.