Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Nov 2017, 23:59 (Ref:3782759)   #851
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Hazelwood to POLE!!

Mr Dumbrell stacks it, and starts off the back...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Nov 2017, 00:32 (Ref:3782773)   #852
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Hazelwood 100% needs to win it today.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 00:35 (Ref:3782776)   #853
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Hazelwood 100% needs to win it today.
Completely agree.
The real challenge here will be safety cars behind him..
Old 25 Nov 2017, 00:44 (Ref:3782777)   #854
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Nice to see people excited in their success..
Old 25 Nov 2017, 04:06 (Ref:3782814)   #855
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Proof of how tough it is to pass around this track when Dumbrell can't pass Kostecki in a 6(?) year old Blueprint Falcon...
Old 25 Nov 2017, 04:12 (Ref:3782816)   #856
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Proof of how tough it is to pass around this track when Dumbrell can't pass Kostecki in a 6(?) year old Blueprint Falcon...
Mr Kostecki was reasonably quick in that old nail..
Old 25 Nov 2017, 04:16 (Ref:3782817)   #857
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And R1 for the weekend to Mr Hazelwood
Almost came agutser.. but didn’t!

P8 for Mr Dumbrell.

All to play for tomorrow.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 04:24 (Ref:3782819)   #858
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 25 Nov 2017, 11:33 (Ref:3782884)   #859
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I bet Mr Perkins is pleased he chose the Dunlop Super2 ride rather than the main game LDM one
Old 25 Nov 2017, 23:59 (Ref:3783008)   #860
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
simonracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's all gone wrong for Dumbrell again, his driveline failed before he could set a time in the Super2 qualifying while Todd went on to grab the pole position!
Old 26 Nov 2017, 00:00 (Ref:3783009)   #861
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Pole again for Mr Hazelwood!

And back of the grid again for Mr Dumbrell

Should be a cracker of a race later today with some new names at the top of the tree..
Old 26 Nov 2017, 00:30 (Ref:3783019)   #862
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Pole again for Mr Hazelwood!

And back of the grid again for Mr Dumbrell

Should be a cracker of a race later today with some new names at the top of the tree..
So Paul has twenty laps of follow the leader, pass by dive bomb, or wait for someone to run wide.

Can he do it from ROG?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3783023)   #863
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
So Paul has twenty laps of follow the leader, pass by dive bomb, or wait for someone to run wide.

Can he do it from ROG?
Yea he can. But will he?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 01:02 (Ref:3783028)   #864
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Hazelwood is the Super2 Pole Award winner for 2017.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 01:59 (Ref:3783047)   #865
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Mr Hazelwood is the Super2 Pole Award winner for 2017.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 03:56 (Ref:3783082)   #866
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Todd did it! Bloody brilliant.

Shame for Will Brown though, having a mechanical failure on track to his first win.

And you thought T888 messed up... how about Davies and Le Brocq tangling, with Le Brocq ending up in the wall and out of the race and Davies being demoted from 1st to 3rd? At least Fullwood got 2nd.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 03:57 (Ref:3783083)   #867
Umai Naa
Veteran

And he does it.

Todd Hazelwood 2017 Dunlop Super2 Champion

Also clean-sweeped the weekend.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 03:59 (Ref:3783085)   #868
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
And you thought T888 messed up... how about Davies and Le Brocq tangling, with Le Brocq ending up in the wall and out of the race and Davies being demoted from 1st to 3rd?
Looked like a racing incident to me, with Davies IMO doing his best to leave space on the outside. Penalty seems harsh.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:00 (Ref:3783086)   #869
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
2017 Dunlop Super2 Series

The hilarious thing is that if the two Nissan’s hadn’t have hit each other Shane Davies would’ve ended up at least second not third....no wonder he looked angry on the podium after being penalised for the contact.

Very happy to see Todd Hazelwood win the championship. Well deserved. A lot of hard work towards today amply rewarded
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:01 (Ref:3783087)   #870
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonracer View Post
Todd did it! Bloody brilliant.
It's good! However, Hazelwood's 4 seasons is at the upper end of Super2 experience levels (putting aside veterans like Perkins/Dumbrell etc). Albeit Hazelwood's 8th place on debut season was well above average (one wonders why a Super1 team didn't sign up Hazelwood earlier, at least for enduros!).
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:03 (Ref:3783088)   #871
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Woohoo!!

Todd Hazelwood, 2017 Dunlop Super2 Driver’s Champion.

There are like a million people in BigMate Racing team shirts down in front of the podium.

Does this prove the Shannons Supercar Showdown was actually a talent finder?

Final points..
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:04 (Ref:3783089)   #872
Umai Naa
Veteran

He has chipped away at it, improving year on year.

If he had made himself available to the maingame early on, it would've been too soon.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:18 (Ref:3783091)   #873
simonracer
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It's good! However, Hazelwood's 4 seasons is at the upper end of Super2 experience levels (putting aside veterans like Perkins/Dumbrell etc).
Jacobson's had 5 years, Le Brocq's had 4 (with the exception of one round). Waters was in the series for 4 years, although he won the series after 3 years. De Pasquale will be making it into the main game after 2 years, although he wasn't quite a championship contender this year.

Last edited by simonracer; 26 Nov 2017 at 04:27.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3783092)   #874
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It's good! However, Hazelwood's 4 seasons is at the upper end of Super2 experience levels (putting aside veterans like Perkins/Dumbrell etc).
4 years is a long time...
The first year was funded apparently by his parents taking an extra mortgage..
The second year was supposed to have been put together with a budget from Tecalemit, the car & show car were liveried in their colours, a deal apparently done, then fell over. Presumably more mortgage money to help fill the gap...
And sausage sizzles..

Then the last 2 seasons in an ex-Tekno CotF and ex-Lowndes CotF.. with every square inch on either one covered with local sponsors and branches of bigger brands. Busy liveries but the bills get paid, sponsors get serviced..

A hard graft.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 04:22 (Ref:3783094)   #875
Umai Naa
Veteran

Dale Wood won it in his 4th season.

Many call it "the development series", so why not let drivers develop their craft in it?