Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 13 Aug 2012, 21:15 (Ref:3119518)   #126
Tunetech
Rookie

Tunetech should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M3 135 0

Hello. I own a E30 M3 ex BTCC, the chassis number is M3 135 0, I was told by the previous owner that it was Matt Neal's in 1992, and was possibly driven by Will Hoy before Matt, the car was one of the Vic lee motorsport cars. Any information will be greatly appreciated
Old 13 Aug 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3119529)   #127
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunetech View Post
Hello. I own a E30 M3 ex BTCC, the chassis number is M3 135 0, I was told by the previous owner that it was Matt Neal's in 1992, and was possibly driven by Will Hoy before Matt, the car was one of the Vic lee motorsport cars. Any information will be greatly appreciated
Hello TT, from that number your chassis is probably 1989 or 1990. Does it have the Matter chassis tag inside the LH door? This will have a date on it. Can you post some pics? this will also give some good clues.The Vic Lee cars had the fuel fillers in the C pillars, and don't be surprised if you find the odd bag of white powder tucked inside the sills

Conrad
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:23 (Ref:3119685)   #128
Tunetech
Rookie

Yes, fuel fillers in the C pillars and exhaust out the right hand side sill. The car is being restored, was in a bad state. Its currently white, with the M strips over it, like the Factory teams in from the old DTM. The stickers will be coming off and the car will be plain white for a while. Possibly will be restored to original colours. The car came with new and used suspension spares, Three new complete sets. The front suspension in the pic was originally on the car, just cleaned up. Four sets of wheels. As for the interior there was not much, some gauges, computer boxes and wiring but none of it looks usable. The car did not have an engine, I sourced two engines (S14 and S42) both from E36 touring cars. I have a sequential gearbox for it and a new aluminum diff (housing) from the E36's as well. Will post more pics later
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpg   photo-1.jpg  
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3119687)   #129
Tunetech
Rookie

No chassis tag in the door, just the stamped numbers in the panel below the front wind screen
Old 14 Aug 2012, 08:55 (Ref:3119701)   #130
brown dog
Racer

brown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbrown dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The chassis tag in the door opening is either on the vertical part by the hinges, or on the horizontal part on top of the sill, visible when you open the door. It will normally have the Matter logo, and something like "07.90" It may have been removed, if a panel has been replaced.

Your car certainly looks quite good, I think I have seen pictures of it before in that livery at the DTM Revival perhaps? Are you going to run it as a 2.0L car? The gearbox should be a Holinger H6S (but not sequential) in the Vic Lee cars.I think it should have an early Zytek ECU, and LCD digital display in the middle of the dash. The slide throttle was Zytek too from memory, a bit different to the BMW MS parts.

A nice lot of spares you have received too! Post a pic of the diff housing when you get a chance, I would like to see that.

Conrad
Old 14 Aug 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3119741)   #131
Tunetech
Rookie

There is no chassis tag. Will ask the previous owner. Currently it is a 2.0L but i do have a new 2.3 crank, also a set cosworth pistons. My engine does have slide throttles. No LCD digital display. Thats a quaife gearbox, if I can source a Holinger box, I will put the quaife into another car. Or I will put a dogleg or normal 5 speed. The computer boxes with the wiring might or might not be anything. The one on the right is a bosch 1, think it was just laying in the boxes of scrap that came with the car. The one with fins does not have a label.
Attached Thumbnails
210BTCC_92_Matt_Neal_M3.jpg   image-1.jpg   image-2.jpg  

image-3.jpg  
Old 14 Aug 2012, 10:39 (Ref:3119747)   #132
brown dog
Racer

I really like that pic when Matt Neal had all four wheels off the ground! The diff looks good. I have the spacer that fits between the gearbox and bellhousing if you find a Holinger. You can buy them new still, and occasionally they come for sale second hand. Mine came from an Opel Omega DTM. The ratios were slightly different, but it works good.

http://www.m3motorsport.co.nz/produc...gearbox-spacer

A friend of mine just sold an ex Vic Lee Holinger 6 speed recently The ECU is not anything you will want to use again, I don't know what that one is?

Conrad
Old 20 Nov 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3168988)   #133
jan bot
Rookie

jan bot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMW Motorsport connections?

Dear All,

I've found this very interesting video the 15.ADAC-Glasbachrennen in Steinbach/Thüringen in 1991. Our car can be seen around 5:30, Fink and purple headlights. The other one is of Dieter Rottenberger, who seems to be in the team.
The trucks seem to be very proffesional and maybe even ex-bmw motorsport?
Does anyone recognise them?
Some magazines reported the car to be ex-linder, anyone got pictures of the linder trucks?
There are some Spezial tourwagen trofee decals on there, but can't find if either fink or rottenberger ever competed there.
Old 11 Dec 2012, 07:08 (Ref:3177410)   #134
Richieracer
Rookie

Richieracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CiBi Emme Sport BMW M3

Hi Guys,

This Forum seems to have died off lately, so I thought I would ask some questions that have come up while chasing the history of my car!

First of all, does anyone know any details of the CiBi Emme Sport team cars, they don't get much mention, yet they were successful in the early M3 days.

Do you know where any cars are? Or chassis numbers for them?
I would like to know which 2 chassis were entered in the Spa 24 in 1987.
One ( maybe both) were black, with what looks like a grey interior and Lease Plan/ Waterloo sponsorship. Lease Plan/ Waterloo motors moved to Bigazzi for 1988.

Thanks
Old 28 Dec 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3182458)   #135
albersie
Rookie

albersie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bmw dtm 1990 linder

hi guys,

i have a bmw e30 DTM 018 LI 90 i would like to know some more about the car i know the car is crashed at a race in germany whit A.Heger behind the wheel after the crash is the car totaly stripped en rebuild but not whit al the orignal parts (i have photos of the rebuilt)
Who can tel me some thing more about my car? who has drive it on the other seasons? and wich parts are orginal on this car?
I would rebuilt the car again and put on al the original linder dtm parts!

Who has more info?

you can see my car on www.autoalbers.nl

kind regard patrick albers
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:23 (Ref:3182496)   #136
albersie
Rookie

albersie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry not a.heger crashed but h becker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTVV_cZwB4
Old 28 Dec 2012, 17:35 (Ref:3182498)   #137
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a big accident, then....
Old 28 Dec 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3182512)   #138
brown dog
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albersie View Post
hi guys,

i have a bmw e30 DTM 018 LI 90 i would like to know some more about the car i know the car is crashed at a race in germany whit A.Heger behind the wheel after the crash is the car totaly stripped en rebuild but not whit al the orignal parts (i have photos of the rebuilt)
Who can tel me some thing more about my car? who has drive it on the other seasons? and wich parts are orginal on this car?
I would rebuilt the car again and put on al the original linder dtm parts!

Who has more info?

you can see my car on www.autoalbers.nl

kind regard patrick albers
The information I have here says your car was later driven by Harald Becker and then crashed. I think it might be the car at 0.10 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTVV_cZwB4

My information says it was also Auto-Maas/Becker in 1991.

The Linder chassis tag suggests it was built in by Linder in 1990, but the bodyshell is an earlier spec, maybe 1988 or 1989. Does it have a Matter chassis tag, or the original BMW Motorsport number?
Although the photos on your website are quite small, it looks like there is some non original parts, such as the fusebox/wiring loom in the engine bay, and some interior parts.

regards
Conrad

http://www.m3motorsport.co.nz/

P.S. sorry for the repost of the H.Becker accident, I just noticed your post above.

Last edited by brown dog; 28 Dec 2012 at 19:28.
Old 10 Feb 2013, 03:19 (Ref:3202222)   #139
FLORENT MOULIN
Racer

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
FLORENT MOULIN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M3 DTM 213 at Oldtimer Grand Prix 2012

Dear All,

Please see a video from my M3 DTM chassis 213 at the Rin this summer.

Was the first run after restoration, good fun though cautious drive.

All the best

Florent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNa2zBQBztE
Old 15 Mar 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3219067)   #140
DTM-M3
Rookie

Germany
Munich
DTM-M3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic Video. Thank you Florent
Old 16 Mar 2013, 02:35 (Ref:3219153)   #141
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking of videos, below is a link to my recent race 3 from Phillip Island against other genuine Group A and Australian Group C Touring cars. This car is the last of the JPS Team BMW M3s which finished 4th at Bathurst in 1987 and was used by Aussie legend Peter Brock the following year.
Whilst on Youtube there are a couple more good videos from the island that might interest some of you. Search Bigcubes and Schnitzer46 for them.
Cheers
David
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6o-XCZbaPc
Old 27 Aug 2014, 05:34 (Ref:3447998)   #142
NED36M
Rookie

NED36M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a BMW E30 race car, just wondering if you could help me with determining if it is an ex Group A car, can I tell by the vin number? Any other things I should be looking out for?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Ned
Old 27 Aug 2014, 05:39 (Ref:3448000)   #143
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NED36M View Post
Hi all,

I am looking to purchase a BMW E30 race car, just wondering if you could help me with determining if it is an ex Group A car, can I tell by the vin number? Any other things I should be looking out for?

Ned
Where are you located? I know of an ex-ATCC car for sale in Australia.
Old 27 Aug 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3448001)   #144
brown dog
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NED36M View Post
Hi all,

Ned
pm me with your contact details, I am sure I can help identify if it is a a genuine car or not

Conrad
Old 27 Aug 2014, 05:43 (Ref:3448002)   #145
NED36M
Rookie

NED36M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Melbourne. Do you know if there is a vin register for these cars or how I can easily determine if it is in fact a Group A car???
Old 27 Aug 2014, 07:35 (Ref:3448022)   #146
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's a JPS car for sale in Sydney, fully documented and in immaculate condition.
Old 28 Aug 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3448622)   #147
Alex E
Racer

Alex E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
M3 Gp A

I might have a 1990 car for sale soon if it is of interest PM me.
Alex.

Tags
group a