Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Mar 2002, 10:42 (Ref:237321)   #26
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Parkland on the inside only, and if I'm not mistaken there is the other lanes of the road that forms the straight behind the fence... but as mentioned above, they want those available for peak hour traffic the days before and after the meeting.

There's houses and so on the other side of the street...
Old 17 Mar 2002, 11:33 (Ref:237371)   #27
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One thing that I forgot to say in my original post- look at the top of the hill at Bathurst. The wall is right next to the track, and that is the best place for it. If you move the wall back, it simply means that errant cars will hit the wall at a worse angle. I have a feeling that with some care, Seton's crash could have been prevented.

Ray- thats what I mean, put a bit of extra pavement down in the parklands (it wouldn't take much).
Old 17 Mar 2002, 22:49 (Ref:237869)   #28
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thinking about it now, if any wall needs moving it is the inside one. It is very close to the apex and creates a huge blind spot. I still don't have too much of a problem with the corner. In fact, it's pretty cool.
Old 18 Mar 2002, 01:58 (Ref:238006)   #29
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yeah I think its a good corner , but setons crash was rather nasty , lucky he wasnt badly hurt , remembner its not speed that kills its the sudden stop.

looking back at it all now and reading the above posts , I think Mac has it right by doing something on the inside to open up the drivers view a bit , that would have also stopped setons crash.

also I have never heard of them bringing the original configuration back , but that sounds like the best deal of all to me , I think that is the best track they could come up with , and would help this problem (if it is even a problem)
Old 18 Mar 2002, 03:40 (Ref:238053)   #30
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the original is out of the question because it is just too restrictive on city traffic...
Old 18 Mar 2002, 06:07 (Ref:238113)   #31
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pffttt.... they could do as Indy do and seal the ends of the track down the day before practice starts. ALMS managed to do it, and if you ask any Cochrane, anything Panoz does, he can do 10 times better...
Old 22 Mar 2002, 09:37 (Ref:241430)   #32
jiminee
Racer

jiminee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick piece of advice to anyone considering sitting at that corner one day for the 500. Unless you can get in block a of the grandstand, dont do it. it is very disappointing. I was in block c for the race last weekend and the view sucked! The best view was over the road in the ga area, and it is $40 less for the weekend and has shade. It was very disappointing, the stand was just alligned all wrong so the tv cameras could see the cars better, just my opinion.

no runoff can be added either as 2 motels are only 20m behind the stand. The main prob was that the stand was almost parallel with the Adelaide straight which meant there was no view of the cars approaching the turn. There was even a ga area in front of the stand so it could not have been a safety issue. looks like i will have to go back to the seats at the end of Brabham straight. $ for $ the best seats on the track. I dont mean to whinge and i will be back but it didn't look like much thought had gone into it.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 20:29 (Ref:245378)   #33
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite like the revised Adelaide track. Has anyone got a track map for it or a shot from above?
Old 27 Mar 2002, 22:27 (Ref:245467)   #34
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try the official V8 Supercar website

Their old site used to have basic track maps for every round...the site has recently been revamped but the maps are hopefully still there.
Old 28 Mar 2002, 19:52 (Ref:246112)   #35
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.v8supercar.com.au/circuit...?vid=119&ind=M

Pretty good, if I say so myself.
Old 29 Mar 2002, 10:14 (Ref:246506)   #36
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Crash Test
Pffttt.... they could do as Indy do and seal the ends of the track down the day before practice starts. ALMS managed to do it, and if you ask any Cochrane, anything Panoz does, he can do 10 times better...
I don't think its only Panoz, any other human being.