Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Mar 2002, 05:56 (Ref:244236)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So many Qurestions....

Will Russell Ingall be outdone by Steve Richards this season? Also, how will Larry fare??

Crompton. When he gets an even break (as opposed to break down), how far will he be off Lowndes?

Bright- he cracked a few times at Adelaide, costing him a whole heap of points. Albeit, he was on the pace, but will the pressure continue to mount on him? Is he that much behind Skaife?

Besnard... hrmmm, he can't blame it all on 'rookie mistakes' this year. How will he go? Is Ambrose really that much better than him?

Briggs! I don't know about you, but I think they are a revelation. I thought that they would have been nowhere... but if they had some luck go their way, they would have come home with some decent results (did someone say you make your own luck?). Did anyone else get a rude shock from Max Wilson? I think there were more people out there calling Briggs a goose after he hired him, but he certainly came up trumps in qualifying in Adelaide. How will the team go for the rest of the year?
Old 26 Mar 2002, 06:18 (Ref:244238)   #2
Big Mac
Racer

Big Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd watch the Wilson boy. He can certainly drive and i predict that he will have a race win or two under his belt by the seasons end.

I thought that Larry was not doing the whole season. Can somebody confirm this?
Old 26 Mar 2002, 11:23 (Ref:244316)   #3
V8insider
Rookie

V8insider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
larry will be contesting the whole season and as for rusty and richo look out for some big things to come from the perkins camp this season.
Max wilson has realy impressed me. Given the reliability he will be a definate top 10 contender this season.
As for cromley, I think you need to read your rule book a bit more, As the rule states "If your car is to stop or occur problems, park in a clear position and get out and retreat to behind barier. By no means atempt to fix or inspect problem at any time".
Old 26 Mar 2002, 12:33 (Ref:244340)   #4
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Russell Ingall be outdone by Steve Richards this season? Also, how will Larry fare?? LArry, not good, -Russell WILL be outdone by Steven

Crompton. When he gets an even break - he still wont be going ne where

Bright- he cracked a few times at Adelaide, costing him a whole heap of points. Albeit, he was on the pace, but will the pressure continue to mount on him? Is he that much behind Skaife? - he's better than skaife, and will beat him

Besnard... hrmmm, he can't blame it all on 'rookie mistakes' this year. How will he go? Is Ambrose really that much better than him? - yes, Besnard just hasnt converted to tin-tops

Briggs! I don't know about you, but I think they are a revelation. I thought that they would have been nowhere... but if they had some luck go their way, they would have come home with some decent results (did someone say you make your own luck?). Did anyone else get a rude shock from Max Wilson? I think there were more people out there calling Briggs a goose after he hired him, but he certainly came up trumps in qualifying in Adelaide. How will the team go for the rest of the year? - i didnt think it was a rude shock, i thought he could do it, and in qualifying, he did

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 27 Mar 2002, 04:53 (Ref:244900)   #5
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who will take over as naming rights sponsor for the series ? Rumours have mentioned CUB or even BHP.

Why are teams allowed to build brand new cars and enter them in the Konica series ? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the 2nd series ?

Last edited by Buckshot; 27 Mar 2002 at 04:55.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 05:08 (Ref:244903)   #6
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How about Ric Shaw, or Ron Searle last year when they built 'new' VS Commodores? I thought allowing level one teams into the Konica Series was against the spirit of the competition.... but for the 'privateers' to be competitive against the level one teams, they now have to spend up big.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 10:25 (Ref:245009)   #7
bradstar
Rookie

bradstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did some pit work for one of the Konica teams for past two seasons and I disagree strongly with level one teams competing. It has made a mockery of the concept of it.....and some what disheartning when the likes of GRM and SBR just to name a few rock up with all thier equipment and transporters making the "privateers" look like real amatures
Old 27 Mar 2002, 10:34 (Ref:245016)   #8
bradstar
Rookie

bradstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OH yeah.....I think that Russell is going to give it a real shake this year.Hopefully he doesnt over do it again though.

I dont think that Brighty is as good as Skaife in an overall aspect but he is much more of a hard racer,not a title challenger this year..

Max Wilson,,,well who knows he showed good speed but I just dont know if he will come to terms with the car.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 12:32 (Ref:248002)   #9
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bradstar, which Konica team did you work with?

Insider, are you actually a member of a V8 Supercar team as your name implies? I assume you can't name the team, but what is your role/position?