Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 10 Mar 2004, 11:18 (Ref:900692)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Riley & Scott Question's

Can anyone please tell me what chassis number the "Rafanelli" car was and what car the "Pole Team" car was or were they the same car ? Also does anyone know what number the "RWS" car was , Riccitelli-Bleinlinger ? I always thought that "Pole" team was "RWS" , seemingly not !!!
Old 10 Mar 2004, 14:44 (Ref:900917)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not sure who you are referring to when you say "pole Team," but I can give you this:

According to the R&S Chassis registry for the MkIIIA:

Chassis 012 - Team Rafanelli bought in 1998, and sold to RWS in 1999
and converted it from the BMV 4.0 V-8 to a Judd V-10

Chassis 014 - Team Rafanelli bought in 1998 (w/BMW) & converted it to
the Judd V-10

Based on what you asked above, the "Rafanelli" car that they did their own body revision on, etc., and competed with for a few years was ( I believe) Chassis 014.....

If the "Pole Car" you're talking about is a Pole that Rafanelli won in the 1999 season or after, it also would be the 014 chassis.

But if any of this is tied to RWS, it would be the 012 Chassis....

BTW:

The "R&M Chassis" that competed even last year in FIA-SCC competition was originally a R&S car that they bought from "Target24" -- it was Chassis 020-S2...the "S2" means that it was built for European racing with changes to allow for a forward gearbox, etc...R&M did their own "Long-Tail" and aero revisions, and were actually competitive in 2002.....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 Mar 2004, 15:26 (Ref:900954)   #3
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Gunther Blieninger drove an R&S entered under the 'Pole Team' name in a number of 2000-season ALMS rounds, shared with Norman Simon and Mark Simo- as far as I know, it was the same ex-Rafanelli car (as Tim said, 012) he'd driven in FIA races in 99 when it was entered by RWS- given that it was the same car, I'd always assumed 'Pole Team' was RWS running the car under a different identity