Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Aug 2004, 16:54 (Ref:1058490)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Hakkinen to Bar?

Sorry - I know many will react with anger to this post, but it is the top headline in gazzetta today:

http://www.gazzetta.it/primi_piani/m...63604777.shtml

His quote on Finnish tv:

Al momento non voglio fare ulteriori commenti - ha detto Hakkinen - soprattutto riguardo la Bar".

At the moment, I have no comment, especially with regards to BAR.

He also said "there is no smoke without fire" when asked about his discussions with DR.

Gazzetta has been unusally reliable lately (witness the williams tusk removal story) - Could this actually be happening??

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 6 Aug 2004 at 16:59.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 17:07 (Ref:1058502)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd be very surprised.

I've also read elsewhere that Mika was quoted as saying his chat with Richards has "nothing to do with F1"
Old 6 Aug 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1058545)   #3
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Id be very surprised if Hakki returns to f1....

but these shock driver changes keep coming and you never know... i bnever expected Button at Williams for 05!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 18:15 (Ref:1058567)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing should shock us now!

I could picture Mika looking at this line-up, and all this upheaval, and saying, hey I can beat these guys...

Danica Patrick
Old 6 Aug 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1058569)   #5
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
DC to BAR ?.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1058575)   #6
speedbump
Racer

Canada
Toronto
speedbump should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's on ITV as well.

This sure is turning into one hell of a silly season.

And we thought what we were going to do with 3 weeks of in F1.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1058669)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It'll more likely be Davidson to BAR race seat.....if Button is allowed to leave!

Still, I've nothing against a Hakkinen comeback!
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:07 (Ref:1058705)   #8
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Above all else, I just hope Sato stays at BAR.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1058708)   #9
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Honda will see to Sato staying.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:11 (Ref:1058710)   #10
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, didn't the Hakkinen roumor start before Williams announced Button as their driver? That would mean that DR tried to get Hakkinen and Button in the same team. Replacing Sato with Hakkinen shouldn't be a problem since Hakkinen apearently is very popular in Japan.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:15 (Ref:1058715)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could be interesting, we'll have to wait and see. I think he's better placed to go a good job than JV.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:23 (Ref:1058725)   #12
Liam34
Rookie

Liam34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing Mika will be doing in a BAR next year is ordering more beer.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 20:24 (Ref:1058726)   #13
mp356a
Veteran

United States
SE PA USA
mp356a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by nkh
Actually, didn't the Hakkinen roumor start before Williams announced Button as their driver? That would mean that DR tried to get Hakkinen and Button in the same team. Replacing Sato with Hakkinen shouldn't be a problem since Hakkinen apearently is very popular in Japan.
Maybe it was Mika and Sato and DR is only raging about Button to get some cash...............?
He is a clever fellow.

Mike
Old 6 Aug 2004, 21:19 (Ref:1058796)   #14
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I heard on Five Live it seems that he has said he might test the car which could easily be for a bit of fun or indead with Button leaving to either go back or check it out for DC.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1058800)   #15
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hmm. Hakkinen is a real supporter of DC....

I wonder, with BAR losing thier "star" driver, will Richards come under pressure from sponsors to hire a "big name" driver...?
Old 6 Aug 2004, 21:24 (Ref:1058801)   #16
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe he'll be driving a Prodrive Subaru!
DR is head of the WRC and a former F1 Champ would surely bring attention to the series.
This is the silly season afterall.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 6 Aug 2004, 21:26 (Ref:1058804)   #17
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Down F0rce
I wonder, with BAR losing thier "star" driver, will Richards come under pressure from sponsors to hire a "big name" driver...?
And DC is a "big name" driver?
Marlboro certainly didn't think so...
Old 6 Aug 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1058813)   #18
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
More of a big name than Davidson is.
Old 6 Aug 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1058833)   #19
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What have Marlboro got to do with anything?
Old 6 Aug 2004, 22:31 (Ref:1058861)   #20
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Marlboro have nothing to do with it. Marlboro left McLaren at the end of 1996, eight years ago.
mika in a BAR would be a bigger gamble than taking on davidson. Button was not a big star till Imola this season when he put it on the front row and suddenly people thought that JB might actually beat TFG in a straight fight. what we still don't know is how much is button and how much is the car?
In this day and age good drivers can put excellent cars on the podium but a great/mega driver cannot put a less than very good car on the podium unless there are quite a few retirements.
I am not convinced DR is in a really bad position if JB goes to Williams. But if the BAR is as good as I think it may be, there a a few drivers around who have the ability to get it up there.
If jenson's contract with BAR can be enforced and the relationship has really hit the skids JB might find himself in a position where most of his Williams retainer is going BAR as compensation and lawyers.
Unless williams can do a BAR for next year he'lll be lining up behind the BAr's at Melbourne.
Jensons may be partly innocent in all this but if so his lawyers/advisers may have done him a huge dis-service
Old 6 Aug 2004, 23:26 (Ref:1058896)   #21
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still stick with DC ending up at BAR. Only experienced driver stil in the melting pot
Old 7 Aug 2004, 06:45 (Ref:1059071)   #22
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Mika really is going to BAR...
was this news enough to push Jenson into the arms of Williams???
If it is true MH is bound for BAR, it beggars the question who would have been No 1?

Just a thought and it is silly season....
Cheers
Peter
Old 7 Aug 2004, 08:30 (Ref:1059109)   #23
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
EDIT, *delete* sorry wrong thread!

It would be great to see Mika return

Last edited by DannyG; 7 Aug 2004 at 08:32.

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 7 Aug 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1059127)   #24
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Hmm. I think this could actully be about rallying than F1...
Old 7 Aug 2004, 09:11 (Ref:1059130)   #25
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by enemy-ace
Maybe he'll be driving a Prodrive Subaru!
FPR (Ford Performance Racing) need a tintop (V8Supercar) driver in Oz too...